Tuesday 10 May 2011

Chapter 9 - Gen 9 - Rio

Raven dumped Sara straight into the cot and walked away.
Straight away Sara started to scream, Raven covered her ears and carried on walking away

























So my job as single parent began.  Sara was the sweetest little thing I had ever seen and I couldn't understand how Raven could have just dumped her and walked away like she had!!  I had hoped that when the baby arrived Raven would change somehow and love the baby as much as I did, but it never happened.

 My Mom, Dad and Rhia were falling over themselves all the time trying to get to Sara, she had a lot of attention from everybody all except from her own mother who would not even enter the room she was in unless it is to moan about the noice the baby is making.

(Paige and Razz looked at each other and at the same time rolled the wish for a baby - ha!!)

"I would love another baby"
"Yeah so would I but we have enough problems round here without adding to them!!"



"RAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
"What???"
"What is that thing doing up there again"
"Rio must have put it up there"
"Tell him to get it down!!"
"Its only a baby mobile - its not going to hurt you"
"I don't care I want it gone!!"



When Rhia became a young adult she gained the family oriented trait, so she is generally the first one to get to Sara whenever she needs something and goes out of her way to keep checking on her.

Now we have a trait clash going on and Rhia and Raven are becoming enemy's rather than friends
"You keep that thing away from me!!"
"Its not a thing its your daughter you heartless cow!!"
"Well do something with it - shut it up - it is giving me a headache!!"
"Don't you think maybe she might be crying so much because she needs her mother"
"Oh no - don't even try it because I am having nothing to do with the little monster!!"


"What the hell do you think your doing?"
"Putting Sara to bed"
"Not in here your not!!"
"Why else do you think I put a cot in here"
"I am never going to sleep with that thing squorking all night!!"


"Well I am not leaving her downstairs on her own, I won't be able to hear her"
"There is a cot in your parents room, let them look after it!!"
"No she is staying in here with us - get used to it"
"You need to make it its own room"
"Stop with the it - she - Sara - I am sure it would not hurt you to talk about her properly!!"
"Oh whatever!!"



"Look I really am not comfortable having it in here!!"
"Raven, she is just sleeping, you don't have to do anything when she cries I will get up"
"That's the whole point I don't want to hear it crying"
"Just give it a go - you are not trying very hard are you"


"Rio shut it up now!!!"
"Don't yell - your upsetting her"
"It never stops crying!!!"
"Yeah well there might be a reason for that - she's used to your voice, remember, you carried her about for all that time and if you notice she does tend to cry more when you are round, she probably wants you to pay her some attention"
"Don't be so stupid - its not old enough to think yet!!"
"Now your the one being stupid!!"
"Just shut it up Rio else I am sleeping in the spare room!!"


Finally they both went to sleep but when Sara started crying in the middle of the night all hell broke loose!!

"What is all the shouting for we are trying to sleep??" Dad came in
"Sara cried and woke Raven up now she is kicking off she doesn't want the baby in our room"
"I am not having it in here a minute longer!!!"
"Rio just put her in our room"
"But why should I, Dad Raven is not even trying"
"Just put her in our room so we can all get some peace, yelling round the baby like this is just gong to get her upset and make her cry more!!"

So Dad took Sara into his room and we all went back to bed

In the morning Rhia brought Sara back into our room
"Rio why is Sara in Mom and Dads room?"
"Didn't you hear madam here kicking off in the middle of the night"
"Rhia get it out of here!!"



"She is changed and fed and look Rio she is laughing!!"
Rhia carried on playing with Sara and making her chuckle
"Shes so cute look!!"
"ITS NOT CUTE - ITS A MONSTER - GET IT OUT OF HERE!!!"

"Stop shouting Raven you are going to make her cry!!"
"Are you ignoring me on purpose - I don't want it in here!!"
"Look, she is going to sleep - what harm is she doing"
"Rio do something - I am warning you, I'll .....!!"
So I ended up taking Sara downstairs out of the way before Raven did something stupid!!

"Has she calmed down yet?"  Dad asked
"No did you hear her just?"
"Yeah I did"


"Can you look after Sara for a bit - I need to go and let off steam before I explode - don't leave her till I get back, the way she is acting I wouldn't put it past Raven for her to try and get rid of Sara somehow!!"
"Your not going to do anything stupid are you, arguing with her is not going to make this situation any better you know!!"
"No I am going to take it out on the drum kit"

I learnt a long time ago that bashing the drums was a good way to let your anger out.

 "Rio I think you need to start putting Sara in our room every night"
"But that isn't fair on you and Dad"
"We don't mind honestly, what isn't fair is that baby has to hear you two yelling at each other all the time and hear Raven kicking off - its no wander she is crying so much - you are both upsetting her!!"
"That's not fair, there would be no yelling if Raven would act like a grown up and don't you start defending her because I don't want to hear it!!"




"I can see you are trying your best but you also need to face facts she really is having none of this baby and you keep trying to push Sara at her is just going to push Raven away, you are antagonising her it would be like me hanging pictures all over the wall your Dad is going to kick off, you keep putting Sara under Ravens nose she is going to keep kicking off - the best thing to do is keep Sara away from her as much as you can."

 I really was not happy with this!!  My daughter was having to sleep in with my parents while my wife could not care less as long as she got what she wanted - she is happily sleeping away and I can not sleep lying here straining my ears waiting for Sara to start crying.



The doorbell rang, I could see straight away through the glass it was Shantel but I could also hear Sara crying because it was time for her feed.

"Dad can you answer the door I need to feed Sara"
"Who is it?"
"You really don't want to know - but you need to get it, where is Mom!!!"
"She out, doing some promotional work for her agent"
"Ok!!"


"What do you want?"
"We need to talk Paige"
"No we don't Shantel, I have told you a million times"
"Well I am sorry but after what happened ............"
"That should never have happened and ..... look I am not talking out here in front of the pap's get inside, we are going to sort this out once and for all!!"


"Why can't you get it into your thick skull Shantel - I don't want you!!"
"I don't believe you, not after the way you kissed me"
"For crying out loud, how many times have I told you that was a mistake, A VERY BIG MISTAKE, that you are making my life hell for all over again - I was upset - you took advantage in normal circumstances you would never have gotten that close to me!!" 



"What does she want?"
"Oh just the normal Rio"
"Got your stalking boots on again Shantel?"
"See I told you ignoring her calls would bring her round here!!!"
"Have you told him?" she asked looking shocked
"Yes he knows everything, even that you kissed me, and that you are constantly stalking and flirting with me - and while we are on the subject of flirting, ever go near my son again or try dragging him into your sick games to try to get at me again - I will start making your life hell - do you hear me!!"



"For the last time I am tell you - I don't want you - I don't love you - I don't even like you, to be perfectly honest I now actually hate you, you have made my life hell for years and it stops now!!  You never phone me again, you never knock on my door, come anywhere near my family again and seriously I will kill you - don't threaten to speak to my wife in fact don't even talk to my wife because I can damage you a lot more than you can damage me.  Push me one more time and I will have you out of your job and out of this town before you know what has hit you - seriously I have had as much as I can take from you but no any more!!!!!"


"Did you get what I just said to you?"
"Yes but ......"
"But nothing,  its time you left, and I am warning you - I am not going to calm down so don't think in a few days, a month a year you can start all over again because I meant what I said and cross my path just once in the wrong way at work and the first thing you will lose is your job - now go!!



The next day everything somehow got all muddled up and we all went to work and left Sara in the house on her own with Raven.  When Rhia got home from work Sara was in a right state, stinky nappy, starving and in a right state - Raven was down in the basement without a care in the world!!




"Dad this situation can not be left to carry on like this!!"
"Why what's wrong?"
"We are lucky Sara is even here still - she was left alone with Raven and when I got back from work she was in a right state, obviously she never checked on the baby once, Sara was screaming, soaked nappy, starving and must have been crying for hours, any longer and I swear social services would have been in and taken her away!!"
"We did not think you was at work today"
"I got called in on an emergency, I am sorry I know it was probably all my fault I should have told one of you but you were all asleep and I thought you might have noticed I was not here"


"Rio is going to be furious with me when he gets back isnt he!!"
"Its not your fault, we should have double checked that you was home, none of us bothered, not even Rio, don't worry I'll sort it out with him if he gets angry with you!!"
"What are we going to do Dad?"
"I don't know - its a lot worse than I thought it would be!!"


-----------------------------------

Well Paige if you think things are bad now -
Just wait -
things are just about to get a whole lot worser!!!!

--------------------------
--------------------------

1 comment:

  1. My interest is definitely peeked.....I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete