Tuesday 10 May 2011

Chapter 8 - Gen 9 - Rio

"We need to talk and I don't mean you start yelling, you need to talk and listen, we need to sort our life out because  I can not carry on like this!!"
"No neither can I!!"
"You started this rubbish - we were happy till you ruined everything!!"
"No you ruined everything by making monsters"
"Look quit with the its all my fault - its both of our faults and its done now we need to sort out where we go from here because I honestly can't see us going anywhere!!"
"That's just great cause if you think you are going to break up with me and leave me with the monster you have got another think coming!!"
"Stop calling it a monster - its a baby - and don't worry my baby won't be aloud anywhere near you once its born - I am going to look after it and bring it up, in fact I actually don't need you especially if you are going to be acting like this!!!
"So your breaking up with me then?"

 "That depends on you doesn't it - I love you but I can not say I like you very much at the moment and if this is what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life - forget it - I can live without it!!!!
"So what do I have to do to stop you from breaking up with me"
"You need to pull yourself together and start acting like a grown up instead of an angry spoilt child throwing a paddy, so we can talk through this problem of yours and work round it, and you need to stop pushing me away it really is not fair, you won't even let me feel your tummy - that is my baby in there remember!!!!"
"What happens if we break up?
"You can Stay here till you have had the baby then once its born you can go and leave the baby here with me, you never have to see it again if you don't want to!!"
"Don't you love me anymore?"
"Yes I do love you but I have already told you I don't like this monster you have become and I am not having you being like this round the baby - it isn't fair on the child and I don't want to be having to watch over my shoulder all the time wandering if you are going to hurt the baby or not"
"It sounds like you have already made your mind up"
"No not really - honestly I don't know what to do - I want us to go back to the way we were before the baby - its up to you if you are willing to try and work through it that's fine but if you are going to be like this from now on we might as well forget it.  I am going to work in a bit - you can tell me what you decide when I get back.


 When I got home from work I found her in the kitchen just making her way to the fridge. 
When I hugged her she did not push me away which was a start.
"When you have had your plasma come upstairs so we can talk"
"Ok"


Walking through the bedroom door I stopped dead, I had walked in on Dad having another one of his conversations with Shantel.

"Your wrong Shaney I don't and how many more times do you 
need me to tell you before you will just leave me alone!!!! 
.....
"No it should never have happened because it has just set you off all over again and I am getting sick and tired of this now I really am - you are wearing me down to the point where I am actually starting to hate you!!"
.....
"Look just tell her whatever, I doubt she will believe you and I will just deny it anyway
.....
Goodbye Shantel I am going you know I really can't be bothered to even reason with you anymore!!
.....
"No - goodbye!!"

"Why do you even answer the phone to her Dad?"
"How long have you been stood there?"
"Long enough and what about if it had been Mom instead of me?"
"Then I would have been busted!!"


"Maybe you should tell Mom"
"I can't it will kill her!!"
"Not about the kiss I mean that she still won't leave you alone"
"Is she really going to believe Shantel is still at it after all these years and that I have not been encouraging her in anyway - I doubt it!!"
"Look you have to do something because I have lost count on how many times I have caught you having these sneaky conversations since I was a teenager - Mom is going to catch you one of these days, how she has not already is beyond me!!"
"What can I do I have tried everything even getting her hooked up with my Uncle never worked"


"So what are you boys whispering about?" Mom walked into the room
"Baby names" I said quickly
Me and Dad just looked at each other.
"You don't mind if I use your computer do you Rio?"
"No Mom carry on!!"

"See how close that was" I spoke quietly
"Too close!!" Dad was watching Mom on the compter
"Don't stop talking on my account" she said
"Its ok Mom I think I have decided on names"
"Well tell me then"
"No you can wait till the baby comes"


Then Raven walked in
"Are we having a group meeting?" she said
"No we will talk when we are alone!!"


"So, can I feel your tummy without you slapping me?"
"Yes if you make it quick"
"Come on Razz, you can use Rhia's computer I think these too need us to leave"
"Thanks Dad!!"

"So I take it you are willing to try to make things better"
"Yes, I love you and I don't want us to break up just because of the monster - sorry baby"
"See that was not so bad was it saying baby instead of monster!!"
"But I am sorry Rio I can not help how I feel about children, I still won't have anything to do with it, I just can't - you are going to have to look after it because I just can not do it!!"
"As long as you promise never to hurt the baby I don't mind if I have to look after it all the time."
"When you are at work I won't be left in the house with it alone, because I won't go near it, when it gets to be a teenager I'll be fine but up until then I won't stand it near me!!"
"This has to be the strangest thing I have ever heard and is your twin sister the same?"
"No she is actually very family orientated"
"Typical, trust me -  I pick the awkward one!!!"

"Do you think you could have another baby after this one?"
"NO CHANCE ON THIS PLANET!!!"
"OK  - I was only asking!!"
"This is the one and only one you are getting from me and you are lucky to be getting this one!!"
"I'll just have to put up with one then!!"
"I am afraid you will"
"So am I allowed to kiss you now?"
"If you want"

 "Will you marry me?"
"Haven't you already asked me that question"
"Yes, but I meant I want to get married before the baby comes"
"Well you will have to make it quick you do know its due any time now don't you!!"
"Already?"
"It might be already for you but not for me!!"

 We got married straight away without any fuss

 "Do you think its a boy or a girl?"
"I don't give a damn what it is I just want it out"

I really hope I have done the right thing getting married!!
Rhia had her birthday and is now a young adult
She wants to be a World Renown Surgeon and got herself a job at the hospital straight away.

 Maybe a little late in the day to be reading pregnancy books -
but I needed to get myself prepared.



The next morning Raven woke me up swearing at me, screaming and calling me all the names under the sun, because she was in pain and the baby was coming and it was suddenly all my fault again!!!

"Don't just stand there you idiot get me to the hospital I want this monster OUT NOW!!"
I forgave her for what she was saying I hoped it was just the pain!!


We arrived back from the hospital quite a few hours later with Sara.
The look on Ravens face - was just the warning sign of what was to come.



She did however, carry Sara home from the hospital but 
that was the one and only time she ever touched her baby daughter!!


--------------------------
--------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment