Sunday 8 May 2011

Chapter 5 - Gen 9 - Rio

"Rio, can I have a word"
"Yeah, Mom what is it?"
The doorbell rang
"Oh it doesn't matter it can wait till later - can you get that Rio I am not dressed!"

























It was Raven so I let her in.
"You knew it was birthday yesterday and you never even bothered to phone me"
"Oh God I am sorry, you know it completely slipped my mind, something distracted me"
"Well thats just charming - I hope it wasn't another woman!!!"
"Don't be silly!!"



"You have really upset me!!"
"I really am sorry - I'll make it up to you I promise!!"
"How do you plan to do that?"
"Don't worry I'll think of something!!"



"Your going to stay over aren't you?"
"Yeah - "but only if she sleeps in the spare room" 
she mimiced what Dad normally says and started laughing
"Don't worry, I'll just sneak you into my room when hes asleep!!"
"Maizie is still not speaking to either of us!!"
"She can't keep it up for ever - she'll come round eventually!!"

 "Oh I have got work this afternoon"
"Oh you don't do you!!"
"Yes in 5 hours exactly"
"I should have waiting till later before I came round"
"It doesn't matter - you can stay and keep Rhia company"
"She not seeing Brad today?"
"I don't think so - she never said"


"So do you fancy coming up to my room and killing a few hours"
"Why you got a new xbox game?"
"No, I wasn't exactly thinking xbox"
"What was you thinking then?"
"Come upstairs and you'll find out - but I'll give you a clue!!"



"So your Dads not around then!!"
"No hes out"
"Your Mom?"
"In the kitchen on her laptop she won't budge now till its time for work"
"Rhia?"
"At school - the coasts clear"
"You have got it all sussed already haven't you!!"
"I have!!"



 "So we are not going to get caught"
"Just shut up and come here"




BEEP BEEP
I dived out of bed
"OMG - that the carpool, I have got to go to work, stay here Ill be back at 9pm"
I bumped into Rhia as I ran out of my room
"Keep Raven company will you till I get back"

-----------------------------------------------

"Rio says you need keeping company"
"I am fine if you have something to do"
"No Brad says he is babysitting for your mom tonight"
"Yeah we have to take it in turns - I hate the squeely little things!!"





"Hey your not dressed!!!!!"
"No"
"You and Rio haven't been .... OMG!!"
"We are old enough!!"
"Don't let my Dad see you dressed like that he will go off on one!!"
 

Rhia's phone started ringing
"Hey Brad"
"Actually I am just keeping your sister company while my brother is at work"
"Brad You will never guess ............"
"DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!!!!
"Oh nothing Brad it doesn't matter!!"


----------------------------------------
"What was wrong with you at work today Rio?" Mom asked
"Just a little tired - that's all"
"Didn't you get enough sleep last night -  maybe you ought to start trying to get more sleep, you were absolutely awful today, if we had been playing a proper game tonight - you would have lost us the game"
"Sorry Mom!!"
I was not going to tell my Mom the truth that right under her nose I had spent the 4 hours before work in bed with my girlfriend and knackered myself out.
"Where's Dad? I need a word with him"
"Watching TV I think"



I found him playing video games so I joined him.
"I need to talk to you about something"
"Is it important because I was just going to bed"
"It is a bit - its about me and Raven"
"She's in the house isnt she?"
"Yes why, shes asleep in my room"
"I thought I could sense her here, your not tuned into human minds yet are you?"
"No!! what are you on about"
"I knew there was a human in this house somewhere and a dark one, so it had to be her - you'll pick it up soon enough - so what do you want to talk to me about"
"Well, I want to get engaged and can she move in?"
"WHAT??!!  Don't you think its a little too soon for all that"
"No we love each other"
"You hardly know each other, I think you should wait"
"No what you mean is you don't like her and I should find someone else"
"No son I don't like her I am sorry, there is something not right about her that I have not quite worked out yet, and I think you might regret your relationship further down the line, and what do you mean she is asleep in your room??"
"I mean she is asleep in my room, not the spare room, my room and thats where she is staying, I am old enough and should not be having to sneak around just because my Dad is a prude"
"I am not a prude!!"
"You are so, I am expecting you to kick off right about now because I have been sleeping with my girlfriend, without being married"
"I'll have you know me and your Mother didn't get married untill the day before you arrived"
"Well pick me up off the floor you do surprise me!!!!!"
"Stop being sarky!!!  I don't like her and yes you are old enough to do what you like, so if you want to move her in, and you want to get engaged I can not really stop you can I, BUT, if you are determined to do these things with her I would rather you did it here under my roof where I can keep an eye on you and HER!!"
"You really don't like her do you!!"
"No!! Just make sure you turn her into a vampire quickly, 
I can not bear sensing her in this house!!"


How much sleep did she need???  Raven was asleep when I got home from work at 9pm and had not woken all night.  I went to sleep quite happily, knowing I had a few things to do tomorrow - and my Dad, well he had kind of shocked me and was not so bad after all!!!


I was not surprised when I woke up and found Raven had already got up
I found her in the kitchen eating something.

"What is that rubbish you are eating?"
"Ice cream and its not rubbish you should try it"
"How about if you didn't have to eat that rubbish any more!!"
"I like icecream!!"
"No i meant food in general"
"Everyone has to eat food!!"
"Vampires don't"



"What are you getting at?"
"I want to turn you into a vampire"
"Why?"
"Because I can't spend the rest of my life with you 
when you are going to die at least 300 years before I do!!"
"300 years!!!!! your joking!!!!!!"
"No I am not!!"
"You really are going to live that long??"
"Yes as long as I don't die in an accident - you humans live to what 90 - 100?"
"Around that"
"Well we live to around 400"
"WOW!!!"



"Dad said you can move in here if you want to"
"Is he feeling ok?"
"I am not sure, but he said you can move in so what do you think?"
"hang on your throwing too much at me - back to the vampire thing"
"Ok - do you love me?"
"Yes"
"Well I need you to become a vampire - a human and vampire relationship never works, and I don't want to watch you growing old and dying when I will look exactly like this for the next 100 years."
"So you think we will be together than long?"
"Well I hope so!!"
"Will it hurt?"
"A little but it won't last long"
"Ok do it quickly before I change my mind!!"



 "Raven there is one more thing"
"What?"
"Will you marry me?"


"You are going to move in aren't you!!"
"Yes of course I am"


"Make sure you clean that mess up!!"
"I will!!" Raven said
"Cause you left this can here - I hate mess!!"
"Don't worry so do I, Rio just distracted me and I forgot it was there - I do have the neat trait too you know!!"
"That's ok then, I really can not stand this kitchen being a mess!!"
"You really are a strange bloke, you know that!!"
"I have been called a lot of things but never strange"
"You don't like me much do you?"
"Honestly, no!!"
"I can tell - but don't worry - that's fine, I like your honesty, we know where we stand!!"
"Pack it in Raven!!" I couldn't listen to any more
"Its fine Rio really!!"
"Am I safe to leave you too alone, I have to go to the bookstore to do a stupid book signing, you are not going to start fighting are you?"
"You go, we are fine!!"  Dad said



"Why are you just standing and staring at me like that?"
"Sorry, I was being rude!!"
"Before you go - what is the a cult??
"Why do you ask?"
"Its just when I was tidying up the papers off the front, the mail man, he was booing at me, I asked him what his problem was and he said I had been publically disgraced when I asked what for he said sleeping with the a ccult and since when am I a celebrity???"
"Sleeping with vampires that's what it means"
"and my sudden celebrity status?"
"You are engaged to my son, who is a 5 star celebrity"
"Well that's just stupid!!"
"You need to be turned"
"He has bit me already - its itching like mad"
"It will"



"Are you trying to drive me crazy with that girlfriend of yours?"
"No why what's the matter now?"
"Isn't it bad enough I have to see her at home, but at work too - who's idea was that!!"
"Don't look at me - she has her own idea's and life time wishes, they just happened to be exactly the same as ours she wants to be a Superstar Athlete too!!"


" Sorry Dad but you are just going to have to get used to her 
unless you want us to move out?"
 "Oh No - your staying put even if I do have to put up with her 24/7!"

-----------------
----------------

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy that they all want to be superstar athletes. It's one big team family. It's nice to see that Rio and Paige do get along better now.

    ReplyDelete