Sunday 29 May 2011

Chapter 2 - Gen 11 - Tyler

Now that they know and its all in the open, my Mom is very upset.
She is not upset because I am gay, she is upset because I am the heir to the Swan family wishacy and I need to produce an heir in order for the wishacy to continue - having a baby is not really on the horizon for me.


Unlike my sister Tia who is now married and has a baby on the way.
If only it was so simple for me!!


Ronnie and Tia have been together since they were teenagers, so it was no surprise to anyone that they would get engaged and married when they were old enough.


My parents are excited about being grandparents for the first time, but it is overshadowed by my problem, it should be me producing a grandchild, and an heir.


It is so wrong to fancy your brother in law and even worse when I get the wish to kiss him.  But I can't, imagine the trouble and upset it would cause!!!!!  I need a distraction!!


The distraction I find in my new obsession - sculpting.


Trent has his birthday and becomes a young adult.
It is not surprising that he turned out to look just like Dad.  And for this reason he shaves off his beard and wears his hair back in a pony tail, just to try and make himself look different.  Trent got a job at the Military base, which is where he met his girlfriend Saphire.

I was out in the garden tending tot he plants when Neal appeared.


"Tyler, I have something to tell you"
"What Neal?"
"Its my birthday in a few days and I am becoming elderly"
"So?"
"Well you won't be seeing me around because I have decided to retire"
"Well I will just have to call you then!!"
I thought to myself, I never go out of my way to see Neal, he is conveniently around and when he will be no longer popping up all over the place I wonder if I will even think about him, because what we have is nothing very serious for me!!

Tia had a baby girl, Jasmine, so I now have a little niece, that everyone is fussing over. 
Tia, Ronnie and Jasmine moved out and into a place of their own soon after and the house became pretty quiet and down to just the four of us.




I received a phone call  from my agent asking me to do some promotional work at the Pineapple Dance club. 
The place was dead, but I sat at the bar and ordered a drink.


 It was then that I spotted Orlando.


I talked to him for a while but then closing time came around a little too quickly.


I received a phonecall from the science facility, the same one as my Dad has had about the Master Invention.  My Dad still had not completed this opportunity, and I was pretty intrigued to find out just what the Master Invention was.  I need Palladium so I went off to the consignment store to see if there was any there.

"Hiya Grandma"
"I really wish you wouldnt call me Grandma you make me feel old!!"
"Well what else do you expect me to call you - Grandma?"
"You know, I guess your mother has not told you has she?"
"Told me what?"
"You do know I am not really your Grandma don't you!!"

"Eeeer - so your not my Grandma - how?"
"Not biologically no"
"I don't understand"
"I know your Mother classes me as her Mom, but I am only her step - mom and biologically I am actually your mothers Aunt.  My sister Raven is your real Grandma"
"Raven?"
"Yes, maybe you should talk to your Mom, she is probably going to kill me for telling you and maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, but really I think you should know!!"


I came out of the consignment store a little shocked at what Grandma Maisie had told me.  But I did not forget what I went there for and did come away with a piece of Palladium that I delivered to the science facility.  As I expected they asked me for 10 life fruit.


 The next day I had a day off work and I decided to go and get a tatoo, why I don't know!!
Tattoo done, and with a sore arm, I thought about Orlando so I headed off to the Pineapple Dance club.  On the way in I bumped into my Moms Uncle Brad.

"Maizie told me about Raven"
"Oh she did, does your mom know?"
"No I haven't mentioned it to her just in case I upset her, but Brad, why has she never told us about Raven being her real Mother?"
"Probably because she hates her, Sara hated that Raven turned her back on her when she was a baby and a child.  In a way she can not help it, she Dislikes Children and acted terribly, but you Mom will never forgive her and won't have anything to do with Raven"
"Does she look like Maizie?"
"Well, facially yes because they are twins but she has your hair colouring"
"I have never seen her"
"Probably not, she works at the stadium with your Grandad"


When I went inside the dance club I made my way to Orlando's bar.


While he was preparing my drink I sat picking his mind.  I found out we did not have compatible star signs and he was also in a relationship, engaged, to a woman.  That kind of dampened my spirits and put an end to that - he would not be interested in me!!!

I was band manager at work and got a promotion which meant I had to chose which root to take Rock or Symphony - I chose Symphony because I wanted to be a Hit Movie Composer, so I was now a member of the orchestra.  

I had not really done too much painting lately, I was too busy sculpting instead.


The time machine is sat in the same room as the sculpting table and I just felt it calling out to me.  I had wanted to go back into the past for a while, but Dad was not happy about any of using the machine.  I was a grown up now and what could he do - he could only shout at me!!!


My journey back into the past was pretty uneventful and not too much different to my first experience of time travel, except this time I did return wearing my own clothes.

"Dad is so not impressed with you!!" Trent said
"Tell me something I didn't know!!
"I am not on about you being gay, I mean you have been in the time machine haven't you!!
"Oh well - just add it to my bad list!!"
"You know, you could try and make an effort with this baby thing, 
do you know how much you are upsetting mom!!"
"You go sleep with a man then come back and tell me to make an effort!!"
"Eeww No Thank You!!!"
"Well that's exactly how I feel over sleeping with a woman!!"


"Tyler you really need to take this seriously"
"I am Trent - but what the hell do you expect me to do??!!!"

------------------
Side Story
Experimenting with Time

Chapter 3
-------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment