Monday 9 May 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 9 - Rio

"DAD STOP!!!!"
"Have a drink and join in"
"Have you gone mad!!???"
"Probably but who cares!!"
"STOP IT NOW!!!"

























It was very strange watching my Dad doing something out of charactor
He did not stop until I grabbed him by the arms
"What the hell is wrong with you!!"
"Who says there is anything wrong"
"Well I have never seen you drunk, never seen you dancing and never seen you acting like an idiot before so come on spit it out - what's wrong?"


 "Nothing for you to worry about!!"
"Well I do because your drunk and I have just watched you nearly fall into the pool - look at you, your too drunk to have pulled yourself out - I think maybe you should get to bed"
"Excuse me!!!!  Who is the parent here?"
"Well you are and a drunk one at that!!"
"So don't you get talking to me like that again do you hear!!"
"Well act like one and I won't have to!!"



"So what has happened to get you in this state?"
"Just leave it Rio"
"Maybe I should go and get Mom"
"No not your mother - she'll kill me!!"
"So tell me!!"
"Go Rio, leave me alone!!"
"Ok Ok - you stay down here and wallow in self pity - see if I care!!"
"No wait!!"




 "I have done something really stupid and don't know how I am going to live with myself"
"Well getting drunk is not going to help is it!"
"For a short time maybe I can forget about it"
"So what have you done!?"
"I am not sure I can tell you"
"So why mention it - now you have to tell me or I am going to fetch Mom"


"Promise me you won't say anything to you Mom"
"How can I promise that!!"
"You will only upset her and there is no need, I won't be doing it again!!"
"Doing what Dad - what have you done!!"
"It was Shantel"
"OH NO - Please tell me you havent ........."
"She kissed me"
"and?
"I didn't stop her"


"Before you go off on one - hear me out!"
"Go on"
"It was just a kiss nothing else and it won't be happening again!!"
"I don't know what to say to you!!"
"Why?"
"You and me have different ideas about things, kissing is not such a big deal for me remember you grounded me for half of my life for kissing girls and Shantel well, I have nearly fallen for it myself haven't I if Nial had not stopped it I dread to think what we would have ended up doing - but I can not say I am happy about what you have told me because of Mom!!"
"Your not going to tell her are you?"
"No but if it happens again or goes any further I will!!"
"It definitely will not be happening again - it only happened this time because I was so upset after watching  Buck die, I sort of got lost in the grief for a moment and your Mom had gone home and there was only Shantel there feeling the same way I was."



I wasn't given much time to think about what Dad had told me I had my own drama about to hit me.  The next day I was down in the basement talking to mom when Raven appeared looking furious.

"Your an idiot you know that, now see what you have done!!"  she started screaming at me
"Hey what the hell have I done?"
"Gone and ruined my life thats what, ruined and its all your fault!!"
"Will you calm down and tell me what is wrong"
"I hate you!!!"


"What on earth is wrong with you!!"
"I am having a brat thats what!!"
"A brat??  what??"
"Baby - brat - call it what you want 
but there is a monster growing in my stomach and its all your fault!!"

"Your pregnant - that's great!!!"
"Great - your joking  its a disaster that's what it is!!!!"
"How can you say that - its our baby"

"You don't know what you have done do you!!"
"I don't understand what is wrong with you"
"You wouldn't - I HATE CHILDREN - I can not stand the sight of them, I can not stand the noise they make - I don't want one within a mile of me and I certainly DON'T want one growing in my stomach!!"

"I have to carry this thing remember - not you - me - 
if there was a way to get it out now it would be gone!!!
"I really can not believe what you are saying to me!!"
"I don't want this monster growing inside me!!"

"I have never heard anything so mad in my life"
"I am sorry Rio but I can't help the way I feel"
"We'll get through it don't worry, I am sure you will love the baby once it arrives"
I hugged her but then she suddenly pushed me away

 "No actually Rio - Don't  you touch me!!"
"Raven there is no need for you to be like this!!"
"This is all your doing, I don't trust you"
"It takes two to make a baby remember - I don't remember you once mentioning this baby phobia of yours to me!!!   It was not just my doing - we both did it!!"
"I don't care, you just keep away from me do you hear me!!"

-------------------------------------------
"Are you ok Raven I saw you and Rio arguing earlier"
"No I am not alright!!"
"Anything I can help you with?"
"Not unless you can get this monster out of my stomach!!"


"Monster, what do you mean by monster?"
"I am pregnant and I am not happy!!"
"Your having a baby that's great!!"
"That's just what he said - it is not great - its a disaster!!"

"I don't understand - why wouldn't you be happy that you and Rio are having a baby?"
"I hate children and I never wanted one and now he has done this to me - I hate him!!"

"Once this monster is out - I hope you are all ready to look after it 
because I will not be going anywhere near it!!"
"I am sure once its born you will feel differently"
"Oh no - I will not be touching it, I don't want to hear it, I don't want to see it and I definitely won't be having anything to do with it - I've told Rio and now I am telling you and don't think for one minute you can force me into having anything to do with this monster because I wont I would rather leave the horrid thing to die!!"

We just looked at each other in disbelief  - 
how the hell can anyone feel that way about their own child!!

"I told you didn't I there was something not right about her!!!  When she was human and I could pick her mind all I was getting was evil darkness.  There was a blank that I could not work out and now I know why probably - she might not have even known herself what it was.  We might have worked it out if any of us had the Family Oriented trait, but none of us have - its a trait - Can't Stand Children"
"What are we going to do?"
"I don't have a clue but I have a feeling we are in for a rough ride!!
"She's cold and heartless - how could Rio get himself into this mess??"
"You can't blame him any of us can walk into a situation and don't realise until its too late"
"But you kept saying there was something not right with her and we didn't listen"
"The most important thing is we are about to have a grandchild and by the looks of things Rio will be having to do it alone, he is going to need our help!!"
"You don't think she will try to hurt the baby do you?"
"We will just have to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't!!"


--------------------------------------------

"Dad I don't understand why she is saying these awful things!!"
"Unfortunately its a trait - I don't think she can help it - she can't stand children - just like I can't stand art - there is no rhymn or reason for it - its just the way it is!!"
"She says she won't have anything to do with the baby - our baby - how can she say that!!"
"Don't upset yourself, it might not be as bad as you think"
"I don't think I know - all she does is yell at me, she hardly speaks to me only when it suits her, she is sleeping in the spare room and she is saying the most awful things and the baby isn't even here yet!!"
"She might calm down a little once she has got used to the idea"
"I doubt it - and what is with you defending her all the time - you don't even like her!!"
"I don't like her but in a way I can see some of where she is coming from - its that trait she has - it can make  you do and say silly things - I hate art and have been know to rip pictures off the wall and smash them up - she feels about children the way I feel about art."
"Well god help the baby then if you do can do that to a picture what is she going to do to the baby, she is scaring me!!"


"Look - you are not on your own in this - there are four of us who will look after the baby, she need not go anywhere near it if she does not want to - we will make sure she never harms that child!!"
"You was right wasn't you when you said there was something not right about her!!"
"It does not matter about all that now - at least we now know what the problem is!!"
"Can I ask you something, a while ago she mentioned to me you keep staring at her, why was that?"
"When she was human I was trying to suss her out, but couldn't - when she became a vampire it became a lot more difficult but I still had that dark nasty feeling coming from her and I have never felt anything like it before, it was confusing me and I was trying to get behind it but never could"

"What about your problem?"
"Your on about Shantel I suppose"
"Yes"
"I actually have not spoken to her, so far I have managed to avoid her even at work!!"
"You can not avoid her for ever!!"
"I can try!!  I have managed to evade her all these years, one moment of weakness and I will be kicking myself forever - I really don't know how I could be so stupid!!!!  I just hope your mother never finds out!!"



"I don't know what to do about getting married" 
"What do you mean?" Dad asked
"This baby has caused a rift between us I want to get married before the baby comes but with the way things are I don't know if she will and I don't know if I should"


"There is only you who can make that decision we can not decide that for you Rio"
"Yes I know but I am torn between marrying her and breaking up with her"
"Those two wishes are drastically different - what makes you feel that way?"
"I love her and want to marry her and I want to be happy and have a family but with Raven that is never going to happen is it!!!!  I don't like the monster she has turned into and if she is going to act this way around our child I don't know if I could cope with her, I don't just want one child but if I stay with Raven one child is all I am ever going to get - I doubt she will ever let me touch again anyway.  What if she hurts the child, what am I going to do??"

"Maybe you should try sitting down and talking to her - tell her how you feel  and you can make that decision together, I really don't know what else to suggest you do!!
-----------------------------
Chapter 7
---------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment