Tuesday 17 May 2011

Chapter 15 - Gen 9 - Rio.

"Are you staying over tonight?"
"Sorry I can't I promised Rhia I would babysit Philip while her and Brad go out"
"Bring Phillip over here we have plenty of cribs for him to sleep in"
"He might not settle being in a strange place"
"I suppose, another night maybe"
The problem was these days she was always babysitting our nephew, my sister had Maizie down and chief babysitter and Rhia and Brad always seemed to be going out somewhere.
























I found myself at a loose end after Maizie had gone home.  I was trying to distract myself but nothing was working, Raven was driving me crazy I could not stop thinking about her again.
























I am not really sure what made me do it - but before I knew it I found myself ringing Ravens doorbell.

"Why have you been having a go at Maizie?"
"Is that why you have come round here to have a go at me?"
"Just leave Maizie alone none of this is her fault!!!"








"So why are you really here Rio?"



 "Stop - I shouldn't be doing this!!"
"Why not?"
"Because its never going to work Raven"
"You still love me I know you do"
"That doesn't matter I can not put myself through it again!!"


"I can not put Sara through it either, this would just upset her!!"
"She would get used to it"
"No Raven, she wouldn't, she hates you, she wants me with Maizie"
"So you let your daughter decide on your love life"
"No, its not like that and you know it - I have got to go!!"
"Rio wait"
"I am sorry Raven I should never have come here!!"


Great that is all I needed - when I shot out of Ravens house I spotted a paparazzi lurking in the shadows


 I went home and as usual took my frustration out on the drumkit.
I had put distance between us and now I had gone and ruined it all with one stupid move!!


"What are you still doing up?"
"I am hungry and I can not sleep" Sara said


"Mommie bought the baby over to see Nan and Grandad when you went out"
"Oh did she!"
"Yeah she wanted to know where you was but we didn't know"
 "I'll call her tomorrow"


"I have decided I am going to be a rockstar when I grow up"
"Really - you dont want to be an athlete?"
"No - I prefer music besides SHE works there"
"Who works where?"
"You know the mad woman works at the stadium"
"Oh you mean Raven"
"Yeah - HER!!"


My agent phoned me to do some promotional work at the Pineapple dance club, but it was pretty dead when I got in there I had a drink and danced for 3 hours like the agent wanted me to, but it was boring, and I decided there was somewhere else I wanted to be.


I went to Ravens house even though I knew I shouldn't!!

"Its really late, do you want to stay over?"
"I don't think I should!!"
"They will all be a sleep they wont notice if that is what you are worried about"



"I'll sleep on the couch if you want"
"Its ok - its not like we have never shared a bed before"
"As long as you are sure!!"


"Come here" she said suddenly pulling me towards her
"Forget it Raven, you'll just freak out and I will just get angry"
"I won't, try me!!"
"No Raven"



No freak out

"Why do this now?"
"Do what?"
"No freaking out - no yelling - why when all the time we were married you never let me anywhere near you""
she didn't say anything


"I should never had done this!!!"
"Why?"
"I should never have come here!!"
"You said that last time but you still came back again"
"I've got to stop this!!"

"Whats wrong Rio?"
"I need to go home!!"
"What's the rush?"
"I don't want Sara realising I have been out all night, especially with you!!"
"That kid again"
"This is why I can not do this any more Raven, last night should never have happened I'm sorry!!"
"You will be back!!
"No I won't!!"


I crept back into the house feeling like a naught school boy doing something wrong!!  I could just imagine what my Dad would say if he knew what I had been up to and it would not be pretty!!


 "Daddie where have you been?"
"Fishing" the first thing I could think to say
"You don't go fishing"
"I do when I need to think, now shouldn't you be getting ready for school.!"


I should have known my absence would have been spotted, seeing as these days my parents spend more time in my room than I did.


 "I want a word with you young man!"
"Whats up mom?"
"So who's bed did you crawl out of this morning?"
"MOM!!!"
"I think I already know but I just want to hear you say it"
"Mom I don't know what you are on about"
"You were out all night and we know you weren't with Maizie, the problem is Rio there is a nasty rumour going around work that I don't like and neither does your father - so tell me Rio where were you?"
"With Raven - I am sorry Mom"
"How could you after all that woman has put you thought - and Sara!!"
"Don't worry Mom, I won't be seeing her anymore"
"You say that now because you have been found out!"
"No Mom, honestly I made my mind up last night - it won't be happening again - I promise!!"



 I could feel thier eyes burning into the back of my head
"Who are you chattng to Rio?" Mom asked
"Maizie"
"You not seeing her tonight?"
"No she's babysitting again, I am beginning to think Maizie spends more time with that kid than Rhia and Brad do, shes always babysitting"
"She likes babies - she wants one, she told me" Sara said
"Maybe I should have a word with Rhia,she does seem to be putting on Maizie a little too much"
"But out Mom, I am doing something about it myself I don;t need you interfering!!"
"Don't speak to your mother like that Rio!!"  Dad snapped



 "I think we need a talk son" Dad said
"Dad if its about Raven there is no need and if its about Maizie I know what I am doing!!"
"Well I hope you do because I am not so sure!!"













It was Sara's birthday today and she became a teenager



 "Sara I need to talk to you about something"
"What Dad?"


"How would you feel if I asked Maizie to move in with me?"

-----------------
Chapter 16
----------------

3 comments:

  1. Sara is so pretty! I can't wait to see what happens, I think I know how you flipped the suggestions....hmm....I will just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me above, I was signed into my other account :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't wait til Maizie moves in!

    ReplyDelete