Sunday 1 May 2011

Chapter 11 - Gen 8 - Paige

"So let me get this straight - She was married so you would not let anything happen between the two of you, even though you liked her, so why arrange to meet her even if you knew you was never going to turn up?"
"I was a coward - I could not risk meeting her I couldn't trust myself, and she was going on and on it was a way for me to get away from her without any fuss and without having to face her"
"So what are you going to do if she turns up with the Riverview team?"
"I don't have a clue!!"
"So do you think about her often?"
"No, to be honest I haven't thought about her for a long time!!"
"Do I need to be worried about her?"
"No don't be stupid - I love you!!"
"And did you love her"
"NO!!!! I fancied her maybe but it was never that serious for me!!"
"Well maybe you should find out if she is still actually on the Riverview team before you start panicking over seeing her again!!"
"Yes, I suppose your right!!"























"Come on little man - you have watched way too much tv for one day"
"Leave him its not hurting!!" Razz said
"It is when he still can not do his logic block yet"



"This one Rio look"
"No this one" Rio said trying to cram it into the triangle hole
"No - he circle goes in the middle look"

"What shape is that Rio?"
"Tangle"
"No say Triangle"
"Trangle this one" wrong word but right hole
"Yes, that's it -  clever boy!!"


"Your at it again Razz, over doing it!!"
"Stop fussing Paige!!"
"You know I don't like you working out when the baby is nearly due!!"
"It won't hurt!!"

"AAAAWWWWWWWWW"
"Whats wrong??"
"The baby is coming!!"
"See I told you!!"
"SHUT UP!!!! OOUUUUUUCH!!"


I was not around when Rio came, I did not have a clue what I was supposed to be doing - 
all I could do was start panicking!! 
"Calm down and take me to the hospital and don't forget to call a babysitter for Rio"


We returned home later with our new baby girl
Rhia  is  Athletic and Good


The day after Rhia was born Rio had his birthday


 Rio gained the Neat trait which quite amused me, with me and Razz also having the Neat trait and now Rio too I knew the house would stay clean and tidy!!


Even though I felt I had had a close relationship with my parents and most of my brothers and sisters while I was growing up I could now see, that we had not been as close as we could have been.  Mom and Dad never really had enough time to spend quality time with us because there were too many of us.  Raising six children was constantly time consuming for them.  That is one reason why I could be happy with just two children.


"Hiya Buck"
"Paige I have got the Riverview Team sheet for you"
"Just tell me is there a Shantel Swan on the list"
"Swan's there are quite a few on this list - Aisha, Lilly, Ben, Noah - arrrr yes Shantel shes on the subs bench with doubtful written in brackets next to her name"
"Thanks"  this did not really tell me anything!!
"Can I ask, are you related to all these Riverview Swans?"
"Unfortunately yes!!"
"Well I was wandering whether it would be such a good idea you played in this match"
"Why shouldn't I?"
"Well its your old team most of them your relatives - there could be a conflict of interests going on there"
"Don't be stupid!!!!!  All the more reason for me to play, I am well up for beating them and don't forget, I know how most of them play, you need me on the team, you know they are not going to be a walkover, you do realize they are ALL vampires don't you!!"
"Oh - do they all move as fast as you and Razz?"
"I am afraid so!!"
"Mmmmmmmm we need Razz too then - I know she is still on maternity leave but do you think ...?"
"She'll play - don't worry if it was up to her she wouldn't have had any maternity leave!!"


"Put Rhia down a minute" I said to Razz
"Why what's up?" she said as she placed her in the cot
"Did you hear that conversation?"
"Well your half yes"
"Well, first thing, Shantel is on the team sheet but only on the subs bench with doubtful written next to her name, so what all that is about I don't know, I think I will have to phone Mom or her Uncle Noah see if they might shed some light on it, Noah would probably be my best bet as he is on the team himself!!"
"Yes, you should phone your Mom - put your mind at rest - and mine"
"You know you have nothing to worry about don't you!!"
"I hope so!!!"
"Well DON'T worry - I love you and you will be playing in that game anyway!!"
"My maternity leave runs till after that game"
"Well Buck asked if you would cut it short - we need another vampire on the team, its going to be a hard match because they are ALL vampires!!!"
"You know me I would go back to work today if I could!!  Paige I can trust you not to do anything stupid if this Shantel woman does turn up can't I"
"I promise you can trust me!!"

























"Hey Mom, how is everyone?"
"Oh Paige I wished you was still in Riverview"
"Why Mom, whats wrong?"
"Your brother, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you which one, hes making me and your Dad ill!!"
"Why what has Perry been upto?"
"He's leaving a right trail of upset through the family"
"Tell me Mom, what has he done??"




"Where do I start - he has been bouncing backwards and forwards between Codie and Destiny for quite a long time now"
"Yeah those two were on the scene when I left"
"Well, Codie and Destiny, they both knew about each other which has caused hell"
"I bet!!"
"Then he went and got Codie pregnant"
"OMG!"
"Yeah, Perry about to be a Dad, what a joke!!  Anyway, just when we thought he was going to go and do the right thing for a change - he got engaged to Codie, we had hope - until Codie caught him sleeping with her mother!!"
"Shantel???"
"Yes Shantel, my Aunty - and what a nightmare we are having!!"
"O -M - G !!!"
"Yeah, your Dad is really upset and Codie, the poor thing is in turmoil, her mother and her fiance, her babies Dad, I am so ashamed of my son, I hate to say!!"
"So what about your Uncle Nial - what does he think of all this?"
"Oh well, of course thier marriage is over, not that it has not been over for years anyway, Nial went off the rails about the time you left town, back to his old ways sleeping around - unfortunately I swear Perry and Nial have the same bad gene.  But then Shantel is not so innocent in all this - you know she went off the rails too apparantly  - Perry reckoned that was all your fault her going off the rails - why would he say that Paige?"
"She told me she had feeling for me but I was not interested in her because she was married  - she knew that and so did Nial, that's all it was Mom honestly!!!  Shantel, have you spoken to her?"
"No to be honest, nobody has seen her - its like she has vanished, shes quit her job and well, nobody knows - I think she is probably keeping her head down, maybe she is ashamed of what she has done - her daughters fiance - I ask you!!"

I had phoned my Mom for Noah's number, but I did not think I needed it, if Shantel has quit her job there is no way she would be turning up with the Riverview team - we could relax and forget about her!!



I am so glad I moved away from Riverview - I think it was the best thing I have ever done.
By the sound of what was going on there if I had still been there I could just imagine myself getting dragged into it all - seeing as Perry had already said it was my fault Shantel had gone off the rails.

Too busy with my own thoughts I never even noticed that I had a little shadow copying my workout routine!!


At the weekend Rio got to come to his first game and he loved getting in for free.  He has already decided that he wants to become a Superstar Athlete like me and his Mom.


After the game I had an autograph session arranged.  Luckily I sent Rio home to save him hanging around, because what was about to happen I never would have imagined in a million years!!


I never even noticed her walk past me.



I caught sight of her green hair while I was signing autographs
but still I never even thought about who it could be.


It wasn't until she stepped infront of me and spoke.

"Hello Paige"



"Shantel!!!!! - what the hell are you doing here??"


--------------------------
--------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Great several chapters. I can't wait to see how all of it plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete