Thursday 19 May 2011

Chapter 18 - Gen 9 - Rio

I just stood there frozen to the spot
Mom and Dad were panicking
Maizie was screaming
Me I was in a world of my own
"Wake up Rio - I need the hospital - come on!!"

Many hours later we arrived back from the hospital with our new little boy Simon.
"Is that better!!"
"Yes its great!!"
"Hopefully you won't get any more backache!!"
"I hope not it has been awful!!"


Simon was smothered by everyone, the poor kid never got a moments peace!!

Sara was the worst - she could not leave him alone for long!!

Simon even got to hear all about her homework every night when Sara came home from school.  But I was pretty certain she had not inherited her mothers awful trait of disliking children.

Then Dad dropped a bombshell
"I need to have a word with you Rio, its pretty important"
The look he had on his face worried me a little!!  He just sat there saying nothing
"Come on spit it out!!"
"I am not really sure how you are going to take this, but now that me and your mother can see you are happy and settled we have decided to go away for a little while"
"What do you mean - go away - where?"
"We are going back to Riverview to visit my family for a while.  My Dad does not have long left and I would like to spend some time with him before he goes, and my brothers and sisters and of course make sure my Mom is ok after Dad goes."
"How long are you going to be away for?"
"That we don't know - it could be months, a year, even more - we don't know!!"
"You will be coming back won't you!!"
"Yes of course we will, as much as I miss my Riverview family, our life is here with you and Rhia and our grandchildren"

"When will you be going?"
"We have a flight booked tomorrow evening"
"That's sudden"
"Not really, well not for me and your mother anyway,  we have been planning it for a while, we just had to wait for the right time"
"I'll miss not  having you around!!"
"Well its time you had your own space - which leads me to the next thing - when we come back from Riverview we won't be moving back into this house, I have bought another house in a nice quiet part of town for me and your Mom to live in when we return"
"But what about the house over the road, I thought .......?"
"That is for Sara, when her time comes if you want to stay here or you move there and leave Sara this house it's entirely up to you."

So Mom and Dad moved out and it was pretty strange not having them around.

"I have been thinking, maybe we should have another baby straight away"
"What's the hurry?"
"Well I hated the age gap between me and Rhia, it would be nice for Simon to have a brother and sister he can grow up with and play with.


"Ok - I don't mind" she said smiling
"Good so that's settled then, put Simon down and come upstairs"
"Now?"
"Yes now"


One of the first things I did after my Dad left, besides trying for a baby,  was installed an easel in the livingroom.  We no longer had to worry about Dad freaking out over art and we could paint openely now as much as we liked and as my parents were not moving back into this house, the walls could now be filled with pictures and there was nobody to moan about it!!

Straight away again Maizie became very sick

"Whats all the excitement about?"
"I have been sick - I think I am pregnant again!!"

"I want a girl this time"
"I don't care I have got one of each so it does not matter to me!!"
"I can't wait to tell Sara"

"Slow down, you have only been sick once, it could be bad plasma or something"
"I doubt it"
"Well don't you think we ought to wait till we know for sure"

"I'm sure!!!!"
She said running off to throw up again

"If its a girl can we call her Sugar" Sara said
"She's told you already!!"
"Yes - its great"
"Well its not definite yet so don't get too excited"

Sara was like a mother hen, I don't know how she managed sometimes to get into our room in the middle of the night when Simon started crying to pick him up before we had even managed to get out of bed.

Simons birthday was fast approaching, and the baby bump was growing huge.
I did worry about Maizie being heavily pregnant and coping with a baby, but she handled it just fine.

I came out of work the one night to be greeted by a grim sight!!
One of my work mates also coming out of work had just ran out of time
I watched the Grim Reaper come to collect Parker Prudence

My phone started ringing, it was Raven
"Rio I need you please help me"
"Raven can't you phone your parents or Brad"
"No please I can't look after it!!"
"Look after what?"
"The monster - it won't stop crying!!"
"Raven have you gone mad!!!!"
"No - I don't know what to do with it"
It was then I could hear a baby crying in the back ground

I told Maizie about the phone call and went round to Ravens to see what was going on.  Our baby was due any time and Maizie did not want to risk leaving home so I went alone.
When I got to Ravens she let me in and all I could see was a crying baby on the floor
"Who's baby is this?"
"Mine"
"Are you mad!!  Did you not learn anything from having Sara!!"
"Yes but he said he would look after it now he's gone"
"Who has gone? - the babies Dad?"

"Who is her Dad Raven?"
"Parker"
"Parker? not Parker Prudence from work!!??"
"Yes"
"Oh, so now you do have a problem then don't you!!"
"Yes he died"
"I know I was there"

"What's her name?"
"Lucinda I think"
"You think!!  You mean you don't know - How could you be so irresponsible - like with me, you said nothing and didn't have a clue you had a problem until it was too late!!!"
"I did not know he was going to die on me did I"
"Come on Raven not even you are that stupid, you knew he was elderly!!"
"I forgot humans have such a short life!!"
"You need to get a crib, you can't leave her sleeping on the floor"
"Well she has managed so far!!"

Now what was I suppose to do, leave this baby here for Raven to neglect??
I changed her soggy nappy, fed her and played with her till she stopped crying
I couldn't decide what to do I would feel awful walking out of here and leaving this baby to the misery Raven would inflict on it!!!!  This baby was after all Maizie's and my Neice and Sara's half sister.

But then my phone rang, and I had no time to make a decision, 
I had to leave the baby and run


"Ive got to go Maizie needs me, the baby is coming"
"Another one - how many kids do you want?"
"Just look after this baby me or Maizie will sort you out tomorrow"

-----------------------
Chapter 19
-----------------------
Well isnt story progression MESSED UP - getting a sim who hates children to have one!!!  I could not believe it when I checked on the family tree to see Raven had a baby!!!!!  
I tried to work out a way to remove the baby from the house so Maizie and Rio could look after it - but at the time I could not work out a legitimate way to do it within the wishacy rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment