Friday 13 May 2011

Chapter 11 - Gen 9 - Rio

Sara had her birthday
She has my hair and Ravens eyes.
Even though she was now a toddler Raven still paid no attention to her, in fact I think she seemed to be even more irritated by Sara's presence.

























I was spending less and less time in Ravens comany, Sara kept me pretty busy and occupied which suited me fine because I was happy when I was around Sara and miserable when I had to be around Raven.



I was putting Sara in the crib in my bedroom, Raven was relaxing on the bed which was not normal these days as she now sleeps in the spare room while me and Sara share a room.
 "So what do you want?" I asked her
 "Well thats a nice way to greet your wife!"
"Wife, is that what you call yourself!!"
"I've missed you"
"And who's fault is that?"



"So what do you want?"
"To spend some time with you"
Raven never took her eyes off Sara and Sara was just staring back at Raven, I doubt she even knew who this strange woman was lying on the bed staring at her.
"Can't you........"
"NO!!!!! She is staying where she is before you even ask me to move her, I am not disturbing her routine just because for once you decide to grace us with your presence."
"But she just keeps staring at me"
"She is probably wandering who you are - pretty stupid really when you actually live in the same house wouldn't you say!!"

 "Who dat?"
"Did It just speak"
"Yes SHE did just speak"
"Daddie who dat?"
"Daddies friend now go to sleep please Sara"
"So why didn't you tell her who I am"
"Because I don't want her confused"



"How will it confuse her?"
"As far as she is concerned she has no Mommie, she is too young to understand"
"That's not fair - she will know when she is old enough"
"She will also hate you when she is old enough!!"


"Isn't it time you ran back to your own bed!!"
"I could always stay here tonight"
"What for?"
"You know what for"
She leaned towards me and kissed me


But the minute I put my arms around her off she went
 "NO - DON'T TOUCH ME!!"
"Don't do this Raven please"

 "Why wind me up then flip out - just get out Raven"
"I'm sorry I ...."
"GET OUT!!!!!"


 Off she went to the spare room

 I went to sleep in a bad mood and woke up in a bad mood.
The TV on full blast suddenly woke me
"WHICH IDIOT TURNED THIS TV ON" I yelled not even thinking
Suddenly Sara started crying, until then I had not noticed  her on the floor watching TV

 "I'm sorry sweetie I didn't mean to shout!!"
"Bad Daddie"
"Yes Bad Daddie"
"Sara who let you out of your crib?
"Daddie friend bad lady"
I froze for a minute because I could only think she was on about Raven
"Did she hurt you Sara?"
"Bad lady"


"Hey you I want a word!!"
"Morning"
"You let Sara out of her crib - what did you do to her?"
"I put it on the floor it was squeeling I don't know how it doesn't wake you up!!"
"If I find out you have hurt one hair on her head god help you!!!!  In future leave her alone"
"I am not a complete monster you know!!"
"Your yet to convince me of that - I don't trust you round her - I am warning you leave her alone!!"

 "You are going to have to sort a babysitter out today Rio"
"Why Mom?"
"We are all out at the same time leaving Raven alone with Sara"
"Ok, but I thought Rhia was in today"
"Shes just gone off - emergancy at the hospital"


"No I don't want a different baby sitter, I want the one we had last time"
"Yes I know its short notice"
"Oh ok - ok - send her round straight away please"
We have a regular babysitter who knows the situation with Raven and Sara but at short notice she was not available which


Trying to explain the situation to the baby sitter sounded pretty crazy 
and probably made Raven appear insane.  I really hated leaving Sara with babysitters but I had no other choice.

When I got home from work I noticed Dad in the hallway talking to someone
I had to do a double take to realise it was Maizie.


"You braved a visit then!!"
"I suppose I had to sometime"



 We automatically hugged each other in our usual way, the way we always have done.
It was just a normal thing for me and Maizie but everybody else seemed to be a little displeased about it.


Especially Raven

Even my Mom looked a little upset, but we just carried talking and ignored them.

But I soon started to feel pretty uncomfortable when everyone had their beady eye on us.
I don't know what for because it was not like we were going to do anything we shouldn't have been, we were just two mates catching up - weren't we, well that is how I felt anyway!!


I put Sara to bed then came down for plasma, I bumped into Maizie as I was about to walk into the kitchen, she was just walking out and we were alone.

"you know she's no good for you don't you - why do you put up with her?"
"Because I love her and shes my wife"
"Deep down I think you know you have made a big mistake"
"What do you mean?"
"You know I love you don't you Rio and I would have treated you a whole lot better!!"
"Please don't do this to me Maizie!!"
"What are you two up to?"  Raven walked into hallway


All I could do was walk away - escape.

 I could quite easily have done something really stupid just then!!!!

----------------------
Chapter 12
--------------------

3 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for Rio, he really did pick the wrong sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping that Sara got mom's eye color and Rio's hair and she did. Poor Rio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see where this is going. Glad you changed Maizie's hairstyle lol. It's cute now. :) Poor Rio he's between a rock and a hard place.

    ReplyDelete