Sunday 22 May 2011

Chapter 3 - Gen 10 - Sara

"I've had a great idea!!"
"What?"
"Move in with me"
"I don't know I ........"
"Oh come on - you said you was ok with the vampire thing now and tell me when was the last time you actually spent a night in your home - you practically live here anyway - so what is stopping you??"
"Nothing I suppose"
"So you will move in then??"
"OK, OK, If I say yes will you please let me get some sleep??!!"


Getting Leo to feel comfortable about me being a vampire had actually been a lot easier than I thought it would be!!  Leo's problem was he was ignorant, he knew nothing about vampires other than all the scary stories that give vampires a bad name.  My Dad had suggested that I should maybe introduce him to family members like my Mom and Grandmother who were not born vampires but turned vampires, they knew what it was like to be human and to be a vampire.  I think once he realised that we were actually normal people with a few slight differences and not monsters that would tear out his neck at the slightest chance he started to relax a little.  My next mission was convincing him to let me turn him into a vampire - I am not sure that was going to be so easy!!!!

"I hate that stuff you have to eat - it brings flies round the bin!!!"
"You will probably find its that blood  you drink that attracts the flies"
"This is plasma, its not actually blood"
"Is it not, I thought you vampires needed blood to survive"
"This stuff in these cartons believe or not comes from a fruit, the plasma fruit, it does the same job as blood, we can drink human blood, but this way no one needs to get hurt"
"Ooohh I did wander where it came from"
"Did you think we milked humans of their blood?
"Truthfully - yes - Oh and I have a bone to pick with you!!"
"What?"
"The coffins in the basement - you might have warned me, I thought you was joking, I wandered what was in that room and I damn near had heart failure when I walked in and saw there really were coffins down there!!!"
"Sorry - you looked stressed out when I said I slept in one, I brushed the subject aside I did not want to scare you off!!!"

Leo's life time wish was physical perfection, which means he has to master the Athletic and Martial Art skill.  I was actually surprised that he had chosen a career in music, he constantly worked out and I would have thought he was more suited to an Athletic career.  Even though he has the virtuoso trait his guitar skill level was a little lacking and he needed to do some serious skill building to help him at work.


I wanted to paint a portrait of Leo, so while I painted and he strummed away on the guitar, while we talked.
"Is it true what your Dad said about your age - 
will you really live 100 years before you become a mature adult??"
"Yes why?"
"Well I have been thinking - I will be dead before your next birthday"
"One of the downfalls of being human, a very short lifespan"
"Are you going to still like me when I am old and wrinkly?"
"I will love you no matter what you look like, but you know you don't have to stay human,
you have the opportunity to live as long as me"
"Oh, I don't know"
"If you love me you should do it - think about me your going to die and leave me for 100's of years without you!!  You do realise don't you if we have children they will be vampires, not human, I don't understand why any human would chose to live a shorter life when they don't have to!!"
"I know your Dad has already told me all this - I'll think about it!!"
"He did when?"
"The other day he popped over when you went to do that book signing and when was you
going to tell me that Maizie was not your real Mom?"

"Maizie is my Mom as far as I am concerned, did he tell you about Raven and her problem and how much of a bitch she is?"
"Yes he did"
"Well there is no need for us to talk about her then is there?
"No not if you don't want to, but I suppose while we are on the subject of mothers, I should tell you about mine"
"Whats her name?
"I don't know"
"Didn't your Dad tell you"
"He doesn't know either"
"How can you have two children with someone and not know their name!!??"
"Have you ever heard of a time machine?"
"Only what I have read in books"
"Well my Dad had one and he travelled back into the past"
"Those things are for real?"
"Yes, well anyway this one time he travelled to the past and while he was there he saved the life of an orphan, when he came back, I came back with him, because my Dad altered the past it altered his future and I am apparently the result of an affair he had in the past with a French woman."
"That can't be true - hang on - Megan you said she remembered your mom"
"The second time he used the time machine to go back meddling in the past he came back with my sister"
"Your having me on!!"
"No, its true, I wish I was having you on but I'm not!!"
"Well don't get telling too many people that story they might think you are insane and lock you up!!"
"You don't believe me?"
"I want to but it sounds like something you would read in a sci fi novel!!"
"Is that supposed to be me??" he said pointing at the painting
"I know its terrible isnt it!!"
"I am saying nothing!!"


"So what do you fancy doing for the rest of the afternoon"
"mmmmm I'll let you decide"

"Ok" he said as he picked me up into his arms
"Hey put me down, where are you taking me!!"
"Where do you think!!" he said throwing me on the bed


I laughed at him diving out of bed and straightening it all up nice and neat again.
"Just leave it - it will probably only get messed up again in a bit"
"No, I need to do something about my guitar skill, you keep distracting me!!"
"Me??"
"Yes you!!"


"Well can I distract you for 5 more minutes"
"Sara what are you doing?"
"Will you mary me"
"I eerrrr ......"
"Well say something!!"
"Yes - ok"

"I thought it was the man who was supposed to propose"
"In the past maybe!"
"Ha! ha! are you taking the mickey!!"
"No I wouldn't dream of it!!" I said smirking
"OK - you can do it if you want"
"Do what?"
"You can turn me into a vampire"

"Are you sure??"
"Yes"
"Your really really sure"
"Yes"


"Sara did you know I have been publically disgraced?"
"Really what for?"
"Wahooing with the Occult!!"
I could not help but laugh "How embarassing!!"
"Its not that that bothers me its the celebrity thing - where did that come from all of a sudden?"
"You've attached yourself to our family haven't you, there is me  and you know my Dad, Mom, grandparents, then there is Pheonix at work, hes grandads uncle."
"What about this public disgrace?"
"When you become a vampire it will stop"

"Are you feeling ok?"
"Yeah my neck is very itchy and I feel like my blood is boiling"
"It won't be long"
"You have had another promotion and I am getting nowhere!!"
"Don't stress about it your guitar skill will come quickly when your a vampire, 
you will learn everything double time, you will love it!!"


It was great not having to be into work until the afternoon, we had all morning together to do what we wanted, as coming home after work it was late and we were always too tired and usually jusst crawled into bed.  Leo has gained a fascination for the hot tub, for more than one reason.


 "Sara I feel really strange"
"Why whats the matter?
"I thinks its time, your Mom told me how it felt, my eyes are killing me"




He scrambled out of the hot tub
"AARRR my eyes"


Leo is now a vampire



------------------------
-----------------------
Sara and Leo are driving me nutz at the moment all they want to do is automatically maul each other, wahoo and play musical instruments :(

1 comment:

  1. Thats funny that's all they want to do. He is very different in my game with Merry. Oh and he looks great as a vampire!

    ReplyDelete