Saturday 9 April 2011

Second Chance - Part 4

I caught a death fish and suddenly became excited and scared at the same time.
We had all the ingredients we needed to make Ambrosia.
I could not help but stand and stare at it for quite a while, thinking just how was this going to help me get my body back, I was scared we had pinned our hopes on a plan that was never going to work and I wanted it to work so badly.  At first I had been happy with the way that I was, but not any longer, I lived around my family who were alive in every sense of the word - fully alive and that is what I wanted to be.  I had no future living this way and I did not think that I could see it through if it had to stay this way for the rest of my life. 
I had pinned all my hopes on Ambrosia - but if it did not work, I had another plan that not even Neo knew about that I would carry through if this is how I would permanently be.

























I had to kill time while I was waiting for Neo to finish his cooking skill and to learn the Ambrosia recipe.  I know all this has been probably harder on him than it has on me.  Coping with me, his children, his work and his life - going out of his way to learn was taking time that I was grateful he was willing to waste on me.  I was so aggitated waiting I tried to do a number of things, but I just could not take my mind off what was coming - was it going to work or wasn't it!!!

























Finally the time came when he sat down to learn the Ambrosia recipe.  I could do nothing other than sit and watch him reading I would never have been able to concentrate on anything else. 

"Its done - are you ready!!"  Neo said
"Yes, No, I am just so nervous!!"
"Come on the quicker we do this the quicker we will know if it works or not"




"How long is it going to take to cook?"  I asked
"About an hour"
"OMG I don't think I can wait one whole hour for it to cook"
"How can you say that when we have already waiting god knows how many years to get this far - one more hour will not kill you - I HOPE!!"  He said
"Thanks!!"

 When he placed the cooked Ambrosia on the side we both just stood and stared at it.
It had this wierd glow around it that made me feel even more nervous.



"Come on Noah - its time - just do it - delaying it is not going to make it any easier, I am as scared as you, and I don't know if this stuff goes off at all!!" 
"I need to say something before I eat it"
"What?"
"If it does not work and it does kill me, can you promise me something"
"I'll try but it depends what it is!!"
"If it does kill me can you please not take me to the science facility again, just put my gravestone back where it was and leave me there and forget about me - I don't want to live the rest of my life this way.  I am more scared that this is not going to work and if it doesn't I would rather it did kill me !!"
He just stared at me and said nothing.
"Please Neo Promise me!!"
"Ok - I promise!!"
But I could see he was not happy


 As I picked up the plate Violet walked in.
"Have you done it - is that that stuff you plan to eat?"  she said
"Yes"
"I am not going to watch - I can't"


"Hey this is actually quite nice - probably the best thing I have ever eaten!!"
Neo just laughed but I could here it was only a half hearted laugh

I ate it all and stood up - nothing happened
I slowly made my way across the kitchen - nothing happened
I put down the plate - nothing happened
"See Neo - I JUST KNEW THIS WAS NOT GOING TO WORK!!"
"Do you feel any different?"
"No Nothing - nothing at ........."


It was then that I felt it a horrible feeling washed over me like a similar feeling to the one I had felt in the science facility just seconds before I became concious that something was changing.  I could feel myself lifting off the floor and I couldn't stop it - I had lost control of everything and everything went black.


I suddenly became consious with a jolt.  I felt my feet hit the floor hard and my body jerked forward it took all of my strength to stop myself falling forward.  It was then that I noticed my arms, my hands, I was no longer glowing and red I had skin and clothes and that stupid noise had gone out of my head the noise that sounded like thousands of lost soles screaming in hell!!!

"Is this really me? - am I back Neo? - is this what I look like??  Neo this feels wierd - OMG!!!
"We did it Noah - it worked!!"


"We did it didn't we - your not just saying it - we did it didn't we!!!

"Yes we did it!!" 


"OMG!!!!! You know what this means don't you!!
"No what??"
"I think maybe I should give you a minute to get used to being you again before I tell you what I am thinking"
"No just tell me - I feel fine!!"

"Dad, Mom, Nicole and Naomi"
"What about them?"
"Do we leave them where they are - or do we get them back too???"
We both just stood staring at each other

"Maybe we should get Nial and Natasha round here they should have their say too"
"Maybe your right!!"
We had a decision to make and it was not going to be easy!!!


--------------------
THE END
or is it???
--------------------

3 comments:

  1. YaY!! It worked! The look on their faces was so funny...lol

    The whole family huh....that would be interesting bringing them all back. Great story Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! *claps excitedly* I'm so happy! *tears of joy* Glad it was successful!!! Bringing back the whole family would be quite a task! Great side storg Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It worked! It worked! YES!!! Woo! I"m so glad Noah is back. Of course, I kinda want to see him and Shantel reunite, but also, there doesn't need to be more drama, so ya know.
    Man, what a tough choice to bring back the others or not. Eek.

    ReplyDelete