Thursday 21 April 2011

Chapter 5 - Gen 8 - Paige

Razzle66 : Hi you
PurplePaige : so come on, how do you do it??
Razzle66 : do what?
PurplePaige : how do you manage to pop up a minute after I turn on my computer EVERY TIME?
Razzle66 : oh, sorry, I spend most of my time on the computer I work from home a lot and I notice you sign in I get a pop up box so I just say hi
PurplePaige : for a minute there I thought you was stalking me!!! what do you mean you work from home?
Razzle 66 : Im a workaholic I thought you knew that!!  Not that it ever gets me anywhere!!
PurplePaige : how would I know!!
Razzle 66your reading mind thingy that you do
PurplePaige : like you ever let me get close enough to you - you act like I have the plague!!
Razzle 66 : sorry you just make me feel uncomfortable
PurplePaige : does that mean you have secrets in there you dont want me to dig out!! :)
Razzle66 : actually yes!!!!!
PurplePaige : I was only joking you know!!!  I didn't really think you was hiding anything from me - but now you have let the cat out of the bag - spill !!!!
Razzle66 : change the subject!!
PurplePaige : no I want to know your deep dark secrets :)
Razzle66 : change the subject or I am logging off!!
PurplePaige : EEWWW where is your sense of humour tonight?
Razzle66: I don't have one anymore!!
PurplePaige : has someone or something upset you?
Razzle66 : I gotta go - see ya!!

Women, I will never understand them!!!  I wander what has rattled her cage??

























I never really thought much of Razz and her mood swing until the next day when she was not her normal self at work, she looked like she was trying to keep even further away from me than normal, and after work outside the stadium she just gave me a blank look, not her usual smile, and shot off when I started walking in her direction.  I swear her face looked all red and blotchy!!!  That night she was not online and the next day she did not turn up for work at all, which was not like her at all.  I tried to phone her but she never answered her phone.  I was beginning to think maybe I had upset her in some way, but even still a workaholic just does not turn up for work without good reason and me upsetting her would not be a good enough one!!!



 I had the day off work the next day, so out of curiosity I signed in online but she was not online.  It was bugging me more than anything that she had suddenly gone off with me, she was avoiding me completely, could not even bring herself to smile at me the last time she saw me, she didnt turn up for work, didn't answer her phone and was not stalking me online - there had to be something wrong!!  I was browsing the web when she suddenly popped up.

Razzle66 : hay
PurplePaige : where have you been? I have been worried about you!!
Razzle66 : nice to know somebody cares about me!!
PurplePaige : are you going to tell me what's wrong, maybe I can help!!
Razzle66 : you have enough to do you don't need my problems!!
PurplePaige : come on Razz
Razzle66 : just leave it Paige ok!!
PurplePaige : have I upset you in any way?
Razzle66 : no what makes you ask that?
PurplePaige : I don't know just that you have been a little offish with me online and at work
Razzle66 : its not you - honest - there is other stuff going on 
PurplePaige : which I might be able to help you with - so tell me what is wrong?
Razzle66 : what makes you think something is wrong anyway?
PurplePaige : you've admitted you have problems and you just dont not turn up for work unless there is something wrong - you wouldn't do that - your a workaholic remember!!!  I know I haven't known you that long but long enough to know you are not yourself at the moment and something is wrong!!!
Razzle66 : and why do you care so much??
PurplePaige : well I thought we were friends
Razzle66 : I am the office geek remember - geeks don't have friends
PurplePaige : now you really are being stupid!!  Look, let me come and see you!!
Razzle66 : NO!!!!!
PurplePaige : I promise I wont read your mind if that is what is worrying you!!
Razzle66 : you will because you want to know what is going on and I don't want you reading anything in my head - you won't like it!!!
PurplePaige : you are aggravating me now Razz, just tell me!!!!!
Razzle66 : I can't Paige, I am sorry!!!!

BING
that sound ringing loudly in my ears - she had just gone offline leaving me feeling even more aggravated than I was before.  I just lowered my head onto the keyboard and started bashing in frustration until I broke it!!


The computer was not the only thing I broke that day, I also broke the sink somehow.  Fixing the sink made me think about my Mom, she always used to have a wrench in her hands and I remember Dad laughing at her because she would upgrade everything to self cleaning rather than actually clean it.  This gave me the idea, maybe I should upgrade everything to unbreakable, I could cope with the cleaning it was the breaking I could not cope with.

 I was part way through upgrading the sink when my phone rang
The caller ID told me it was Razz
"So have you calmed down yet??"
"I am sorry Paige, I hate to do this but I need  your help and I did not know who else to phone"
"Why what's wrong?"
"Can you meet me somewhere?"
"Like where? I don't really know this town very well, where are you?"
"I am by the park - you know the one you was walking to that day"
"Ok stay there I will be there in a minute"
"Thank you!!"


 I saw her standing on the pavement when I got out of the taxi
"So whats wrong - your going to tell me now right, your not going to go all cagey again are you!!"
"I really don't feel well - something is wrong"
It was then that I noticed I was getting nothing when I tried to pick her mind I hit a brick wall and the only time this happens usually is when you try to pick a vampires mind
"What do you mean you don't feel well?"
"I am tired and I ache and everywhere is burning, I am in so much pain and my vision its gone well weird, my eyes are burning , I phoned you because I blacked out and I panicked"
I think I knew exactly what was wrong with her, i ran my finger down the side of her neck along the mark that was now clearly visible
"Hey what are you doing?" she backed away from me
"Who did this to you Razz?"
"Did what?"
"Who bit you - who turned you into a vampire?"
"Don't be silly - I am not a vampire"
"I am afraid you are - here eat this"  I pulled a plasma fruit out of my pocket
"What is it?"
"Just eat it!!"  I snapped
"Ok Ok keep your shirt on"
I watched her eat it, she was pulling faces, and I felt sorry for her cause she is going to have to get used to that taste!!!

" Let me look in your mouth"
"Paige have you gone mad!!??"
"Please, let me look at your teeth!!"
She opened her mouth slightly and straight away I could see her fangs
"I am sorry Razz but you have been bitten, you are a vampire"
"But I can't be, you have got it wrong, I haven't been bitten Paige"
"Show me your arms"
She gave me her right arm - nothing 
"Now your left arm"
"This is silly!!"
"Look Razz - see those two red marks there by your wrist"
"Yes - oh what is that?"
"That's a vampire bite"
"But....." she was staring at her arm
"How the hell can you not know you have been bitten by a vampire - it hurts like hell, tell me two or three days ago, what happened to you??"
"I don't know, I ...."
"THINK!!!  Razz you have to think!!"
"Don't shout at me - why are you so angry?"
"I am sorry, its not you, I am angry at whoever did this to you, because you see its vampires like this that give all vampires a bad name - doing this to you and you not knowing Razz do you realize you would have died if you had not phoned me when you did - the burning has gone now hasn't it"
"Errr yes, I hadn't noticed till you just mentioned it"
"That feeling was starvation - human food will not do anything  for you now, you can eat yourself silly and you will still starve - you need plasma to survive!!"
"I think I am going to be sick"  
As she said it she started wobbling on her feet - so I held onto her arms to steady her
"I need to take you home"
I felt her body stiffen and she slowly looked up at me
























"What's wrong, why are you looking at me like that Razz"
"I don't have a home"  she said so quietly I was not sure I heard her right
"What?!"
"Paige I am sure you heard me and you probably already know because you have probably picked my mind clean by now"
"You will be please to know I can no longer read your mind now you are a vampire and as for what I heard - you did just say you don't have a home, didn't you!!"
"Yes" she said looking down at her feet.
"Everybody has a home"
"Not everybody"
"But ..."
"Look - I got kicked out of my rented house a while back, I don't have any money, I get paid less than what my rent is - I do not have a home, no roof over my head, no bed to sleep in, and I am not on my own you know!!!"
My brain really could not take it in - how could anybody not have a home
"So where do you sleep?"
"On a park bench mostly"
"Shower?"
"at work or the gymn"
"Wash your clothes?"
"Launderette"
"Eat?"
"Various ways picking fruit, cook fish in the park, grocery store when I get paid"
"Hang on, how do you talk to me online"
"Library computer"
"RAZZ!!"
 "What?!"
"Why didn't you tell me!!!"
"Well why should I?"
"And this is what you did not want me to pick from your mind?"
"Partly"
"So there is more??"
"Nothing important!!"


 "Your going to have to come home with me then"
"Oh No I can't the last thing I want is for you to take pity on me"
"Well I can't leave you out here on the street now can I!!"
"Why not - I can survive you know!!"
"I can't you don't realise being a vampire you will never survive - you will die!!"
"I will be fine honestly"
"No you won't - you need plasma you can not get that off the streets and the sunlight it will kill you - I would never live with myself if I left you here, your coming home with me whether you like it or not!!"
"But I ,,,"
"Just shut up Razz!!"

-----------------
----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment