Thursday 21 April 2011

Chapter 4 - Gen 8 - Paige

Razzle66 : so you are new to town then?
PuplePaige : yes, I come from Riverview, ever heard of it?
Razzle66 : I have actually recently isn't that where our new celebrity has come from?
Oh dear - now I wish I had not said anything because I guess she is probably on about  me.
PurplePaige : yes - so where do you work?
Razzle66 : at the sports stadium
PurplePaige : snap, I start tommorrow
she was quiet for a while and didn't reply, then i could see she was typing and sat waiting
Razzle66 you are probably going to think I am silly but - your name is Paige right, you come from Riverview, you are starting at the stadium tomorrow - you are not Paige Swan are you??
PurplePaige : Busted !!  Yes.
Razzle66 : OMG!!!!!!!
Just what am I supposed to say to that - then I noticed her typing again
Razzle66 : OMG - REALLY??!!  - you are really Paige Swan
PurplePaige : yes really!!
Razzle66 : so what would a rich and famous celebrity be doing killing time on chat - that does not make much sense?
PurplePaige : Probably because I am new to town, rattling around a big house on my own, don't have any friends in town yet, all my family is thousands of miles away and even the rich and famous get lonely sometimes - and I am not special just because I am rich and famous I am just a normal person like you who likes to kill time on chat!!
Razzle66 : WOW! 
Razzle66 : so you said you are alone - are you not married?, got a girlfriend?
PurplePaige : no neither
Razzle66 : left any broken hearts in Riverview
PurplePaige : mmmmm probably one
Razzle66 :   shame just as it was starting to get interesting - I have to go  - work is calling - so I guess I will see you tommorrow at work then!!!
PurplePaige : I guess so
Razzle66 : well I am Razzberry by the way but you can call me Razz like everyone else does - or Office Geek as you will find out tomorrow, at work,  they think I don't know what they call me behind my back!!!!  lol  Catcha tomorrow!!
PurplePaige : bye Razz

What a strange woman!!  I am not sure if I am or not looking forward to meeting her at work tomorrow!!

 I killed a few hours watching a game on tv then thought I would go and have a wander around town, try to get a feel of the place, I did not have a clue where anything was yet.


Normally I would have gone jogging, but while you are jogging you don't really take in much of your surrounding, I fancied going to the park, and I had spotted one a few streets away, so I started walking down the road.  I had got quite a way from home and pretty close to the park when somebody called my name.

"Paige - is that you??"
I turned round to see a strange looking blue haired woman waving at me.
"Sorry do I know you?" I asked
"Sort of - I am Razz" she said
I guess I was meeting her quicker than I had expected to, and it was not hard to see why they might call her the office geek at work - the hair and the glasses, and the clothes!!!!
"Oh Razz - this is a small world, is this where you live?"
"Yes for the moment, but I should be moving soon"
"Anywhere nice?"
"I don't know yet, I need somewhere to rent, like this place but I am having problems with my landlord, I need to get out of here!"



"So your going for a stroll?" Razz asked
"Yes I thought I would have a wander to try and get some bearings of this town"
"Your a vampire!!"  she said in a shocked voice and took a step backwards
"Yes - my whole family are vampires"
"I didn't know that - you can not tell from your photo's"
"This is usually the big give away" I said pointing to the mark on my neck
"Oh I thought that was a tatoo you had"
"No, its a birthmark - all vampires are born with one"
"Wow!!"
"You look a little worried - you know vampires are not as bad as some people make out - well most of us aren't, anyway we are just normal like you humans, we have a few differences like our diet and we have to avoid a lot of sunlight, we don't dream and we can read minds, see in the dark, that's most of it really!!"
"Hang on you just said you can read minds"
"Human minds yes"
"oh"  she looked embarrassed and I knew why!!
"Your favourite colour is purple"
"oh my"
"Your favourite music is indie - mine too incidentally"
"nice"
"Your single"
"Didn't I tell you that already on chat?"
"No you didn't - you love Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches"
"good guess"
"I am not guessing - your star sign is Cancer - ha! so is mine!!"
"Really!!"
"And if you don't believe me I could always tell you what just made you go red back then!!"
"Ok - Ok - enough already - I get it!!" her face going red all over again
"So  you have never met a vampire before then?"
"Not really there are three other vampires in this town but I avoid them!!"
"Three you say?"
"Yeah their surname is Strong they are brothers"
"River, Pheonix and Nial"
"Oh so you know them!!"
"Yeah they are my uncles - not that I have ever met them!!"
"Oh yeah cause your Chase Strongs grandson aren't you!!"
"I am indead!!"
"So he is your mom's Dad his name being Strong and yours being Swan?"
"No my Dads Dad, Chase was born a Strong, changed his name when he married my Grandmother to Swan, he was only known as Chase Swan in Riverview, then when he married Suzanna he changed his name back to Strong - very complicated story, I might tell you another time!!"
"Cool!!"
"Your tired!!"
"I am!!"
"I will see you at work tommorow then!!"
"You will, night Paige"

I never did get to the park - I turned around and wandered back home.  Giggling to myself as I walked.  I had spent so much time around other vampires, never really interacted that much with humans, there are hardly any vampires in this town, 4 including me from what Razz was saying. but if this is what humans are like I might just have some fun in this town!!!!

First day at work and I suppose it was better knowing someone who worked there, even if it was Razz, I felt like a nervous schoolboy going to school for the first time.

and as the days rolled by I was making new friends and enjoying my new job, now playing in Wednesday and Sunday games which I loved it was not long before I got a promotion to team Captain.  Now Razz was I suppose my best friend but at a distance, I saw her at work but never out of work, she did not feel comfortable around me knowing that I could read her mind any time I wanted too, she only felt safe talking to me online which sort of became a habit unintentionally.  Most nights I would turn on my computer and a few minutes later there would be a ping and a flashing box and up popped Razz on online chat, it happened every time I turned on my computer, I was even beginning to think she might be stalking me.  That would just be my luck too - being stalked by the "Office Geek".  The lads at work really did take the mickey out of her, she was geeky and unattractive, very much the tomboy, I even took a ribbing sometimes because they thought I was "too" nice to her at work, I dread to think what they would say to me if they knew I chatted to her most nights in online chat!!!!  Even the boss was pretty cruel to her - she worked really hard but he never gave her a promotion - she was stuck at the same level and had been for a long time!!

 In a way I felt sorry for her because they should not be treating her this way!!!  
She was actually quite a nice person underneath they just never looked past the way she looked.

-----------------
----------------

3 comments:

  1. I think Razz is cute! Anyway, I love Paige, he's so calm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i didn't do a very good job of making her geeky looking did i - lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you did. She looks like a geek but you can tell that underneath it all is a knockout waiting to snag Paige's heart...hehe

    ReplyDelete