Thursday 7 April 2011

Second Chance - Part 1

I could not help it I just had to pick up the phone, I wanted to speak to my sister.
"Hey Nat, its Naoh"
Neo was waving his arms frantically at me telling me NO!!
"Your brother"
CLICK the phone went dead and all I could do was stare at it.
"She hung up on me"
"Well now there is a surprise!!"  Neo said sarcastically























"YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!  I told you to wait and I would do it!"
"I know but ........."
"But Nothing!!!!  Her husband has just died, I told you she is very upset and you are just going to send her into a permanent state of shock if you are not careful!!  Imagine it is going to be hard enough for her to understand as it is, that is why I need to get her round here sit her down explain it while you keep yourself out of the way while I am doing it."
"So when are you going to phone her then?"
"Well I am going to have to do it now aren't I you idiot!!  She is going to think she has just had a prank call!!"
"I am sorry!!"
" Just a little patience I am surprised at you Noah, you used to be so calm, sensible and collected about everything!!"
"Well things have changed!!"
"Don't I know it!!"



 "Nat its Neo"
"Calm down, calm down, I am sure it was just some idiot messing about forget about it!!"
Neo cut his eyes at me
"Listen Nat, I could do with you coming round, I have something I need to talk to you about"
"No nothing too serious, just need your opinion on something"
He cut his eyes at me again, he made me feel like a naught little school boy!!
"No I don't have work today come round when Kristin gets back from school"

Why did I think it was going to be a lot easier from here?
This is my life now - but back in the beginning things were a hell of a lot different!!

 -------------------

I sort of became aware of my surroundings stood on the pavement looking up at the science facility, a place I vaguely remembered  from a hazy time I could not quite understand.  Now I was feeling differently somehow,  I felt like something had changed again, not that I could explain it, but I felt like I was half way between the two times in my life I could remember - how it used to be and how it had been recently.  There was a man standing by me staring at me with a strange look on his face - do I know that face?  It seems familiar some how but I am not really sure who it is!!  My heads hurting, searching back trying to work out who this was, but it came to me as soon as he spoke to me.

"Come on Noah, get a move on"
"Nial is that you?"
"Yes Noah, come on I need to get you home"
"Home?"
"Yes home, come on Noah, I need to get you to Neo"
"Neo?"
"Snap out of it - I hope they haven't turned you into an idiot - you are still there aren't you Noah?"  He said peering closely at me
"I don't know - where am I?"
"Oh just come on - the sun is burning me"
























We jumped into a car that Nial was driving and we drove in silence most of the way but every now and then Nial flashed me a look.
"You ok Noah?"
"I think so I am confused"
"You'll be fine soon!!"
We pulled up outside a house I did not recognise.
"This is where me and Neo live now, the old house used to be there" he said pointing at a house next to the one we were sat outside I did not recognise either house.  "But that's a new house I had the old one flattened after the fire and this is a new one that I have had built, I will be moving into it soon"
"Fire?"
"Oh come on, Neo will explain - once he has got over the shock!!"
"Shock?"
"Yes he does not know you are coming!!"

I followed Nial up the driveway towards the front door.  I started to get nervous I could sense already that there were strangers in this house, people that I did not know.  I get nervous and uncomfortable around people that I don't know.  He walked through the front door then turned to me and said
"Wait here - DONT MOVE - I will call you in in a minute!!"




I stopped where I was, I looked down and I could feel myself hovering off the floor.  It was then I realised I was in a different room to Nial and Neo, but I could see them, I could actually see them through the wall, and doubted that they could actually see me.  I was looking at Neo, it did not look like how I had expected  Neo to be.  Nial did not seem any different, but Neo was looking years older, I pictured him as a teenager not the man stood in front of me.  How many years has it been??  I could not only see them, I could also hear them.

"Neo I have something to tell you, I have done something"
"Oh God Nial, I knew it was too good to last!! What have you done?"
"No its not what you think, see I had this phone call, an opportunity that I couldn't turn down - the science facility are running this experimental programme"
"What experimental programme?"
"On ghosts"
"Ghosts?" Neo looked surprised
"Maybe you should sit down Neo"
"No, just tell me what have you done Nial?"
"Well I took one of the gravestones to the science lab and the result is in the hallway"
"Who's gravestone - what is in the hall??"
"Noah"
"Noahs gravestone is in the hall?"
"No  - Noah is - well sort of"
"SORT OF - What is that supposed to mean"
"Well, its like Noah but not Noah if you know what I mean - he kinda seems a little strange at the minute and it did not turn out exactly how I expected it too, but he's here, he's not dead exactly - look Ill show you"
"I think you better had!!!!" Neo did not look pleased at all

"Noah get in here"  he shouted at me

I drifted into the room where they were standing and stopped just infront of Neo
He just started at me for the longest time, then they started to have a conversation about me like I was not even there.

"That's just his ghost Nial"
"That's what I thought at first but it isn't he's alive again"
"He isn't how can he be, look at him, that's a ghost"
"Its daytime"
"And ??"
"Ghosts don't come out in the daytime"
"That does not prove anything - where is his gravestone Nial"
"He does not have one anymore"
"This is madness Nial"

Neo slowly put out his finger and moved it towards me like he was trying to touch me, or maybe put his finger through me to prove I was just a vision.

"Look Nial Ill show you  he isn't real, I know this because when Dads ghost hugged me that once there was nothing there - ghosts are just a vision right"
"Yeah but ....."
he jabbed at me with his finger and of course it stopped as soon as it hit my body, but that was not what he was expecting to happen, I could see the look of shock on his face to find that my form was actually solid.
"OUCH NEO THAT HURT and can you please stop talking about me like I am not here!!"
"OMG - He talks"
"Well Obviously!!!"  Nial laughed
It was then that Neo started to talk to me
"Noah where is your gravestone?"
"I don't know!!"
"Why are you here?"
"Nial bought me here"
"See I told you he is a bit strange at the moment, its like he can not remember things properly - I don't think he remembers the fire even!!"
"Noah do you know who I am"
"Yes Neo"   I replied
"Who am I?"
"A doctor by the looks of it"
"No what am I to you?"
"I am not sure its hazy- my head is hurting, the lights, I need to lie down"
"See - ghosts don't get headaches"
"Shut up Nial - how would you know that!!"


I noticed a woman standing staring at us, her face looked familiar too, strange how as soon as they talk I know who they are.
"Neo, what on earth is that?" Violet said
"Her name is Violet - she is your girlfriend Neo"
"See Neo he remembers some things but not others, strange he should recognize Vi when she has changed so much"
"Vi, I really don't know, ask Nial he is responsible for this, he says Noah has been resurrected  - I am going to phone the Science Facility because I really can not get my head around this!!"
"That is going to scare the kids" she said
"What kids?" I asked
"Our Kids - am I really talking to a ghost??"
"I am not a ghost!!" I said
"Well you look like one to me"
"Which is exactly my point!!" Neo said
"You have Kids?" I asked Neo
"Yes three children" he said to me but was looking at Nial
"Nial I think you best had take me the science facility, I need to sort this out!!
"And what am I supposed to do?"  I asked  I was scared of being left alone here, there were strangers in this house and I felt very uncomfortable here
"I don't know go and haunt the basement or something but please, keep away from my children, I don't want you scaring them to death!!!"

Charming - he never used to be like this with me when we were kids!!!!!   Then it came to me
"Neo - your my brother!!"

He just looked at me, then followed Nial out to the car.

----------------
Part 2
---------------


4 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay Noah! =D I love this side story already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! So what is he?? I've never brought a aim back to life. Crazy. *hits link to next chapter*

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my he brought his brother back! Yikes! The one that Shantel had a crush on too, hmmmm.. was that on purpose?

    ReplyDelete