Thursday 28 April 2011

Chapter 8 - Gen 8 - Paige

On my way out of work that next night I was stopped by someone who used to work at the stadium but had left suddenly a while back because of ill health.
"Hiya Paige"
"Oh hey Buck, how you doing, how's your hernia??"
"It's getting there slowly - I am hoping to be back fairly soon!!"
"Oh, that's great!!"
"So, who is she then, you going to spill the beans??"
"Who's who?"
"That woman running round your garden in just her underwear -
have you not seen the paper today"
"No I haven't seen it yet"  I started to laugh, she was going to die of embarrassment!!
"Come on then - who is it - someone from the town where you come from??"
"If you really must know it was Razz"
"What Razz - as in Geeky Razz"
"Yes Razz who works here at the stadium"

























"Please Paige your killing me!!"
Buck was laughing so hard I thought he was going to rupture his hernia again!!
"Your pulling my leg right - that was NEVER the Geek!!"
"I'm warning you Buck, don't EVER call her a geek again - her name is Razz, use it!!"
"Seriously Paige, come on, that was not Razz!!"
"Seriously it is Razz!!"




Our conversation was interrupted by a man asking me for my autograph.
It was then that I noticed the bloke stood close with the purple and blue hair which rang alarm bells in my brain - I knew that hair colouring.

When he turned and spoke to me I took one look at his eyes and I knew exactly who he was
 "Excuse me, I am sorry to interrupt, but did he just call you Paige?"
"Eeerr - yes, I am Paige Swan, and I think I know who you are!!"
"I am Nial Strong - your Uncle, Leon told us you were moving to Twinbrook"
I was a little shocked looking at him he looked so like Grandad Chase it was spooky!!
"Are you ok, you look a little shocked?"
"Sorry - it just you look so much like Grandad Chase and my brother Payne has the same eye colour as you and it just made me think about how much I miss him!!"
"I am always being mistaken for my Dad!!, you should pop round and introduce yourself to River and Pheonix - we still all live together in Mom and Dad's old house, we moved back here after Dad died, we were never too struck on Riverview"
"Yes I will pop round, I was planning to find you all anyway because there is something I need to discuss with the three of you."
"Ok, well maybe we can expect you later then!!"
"I will come round tomorrow daytime, I have the day off work"


 When I got home even though I was tired I needed something to steady my nerves.
Seeing Nial had upset me in a way because he made me think about my family back in Riverview and how much I missed them!!




Razz made me jump - I was miles away with my eyes closed and had not heard her coming
"Hey don't get falling asleep in there, you might drowned yourself!!"
I sat up quickly she had startled me a little
"mmmmmm this is nice did you make it?"
"Yes, I learnt all about mixology when I was a teenager"


 "Full of surprised you - aren't you - anything else I don't know about you!!"
"Probably loads!!"
"So I heard you won your game today in style!!"
"Yeah - 15 - 0  pretty good!!"
"Guess who got another promotion today!!"
"Did you - that's great!!"
"I will soon have saved up enough to get my own place"
I was a little dumbstruck for a moment



"Your not going anywhere!!"
"I am not??"  she asked
"You don't need your own place - your living here with me now aren't you!!"
"Yes but we knew it was not going to be forever."
"Maybe before - but - not now things have changed between us"
"So what are you saying - what is going on with us?"
"What do you think is going on here? - 
oh let me guess, I can just imagine what you are thinking - 
its this celebrity and geek think again isn't it!!"
"I just presumed ...."
"I can imagine what you presumed - I am just having a little fun while your under my roof because its convenient and once you move out that will be it, I'll dump you  - that's it isn't it!"
"Well, basically yes"
"Well your wrong! Very wrong! I love you Razz, but if you don't drop this hang up of yours you are going to make me very angry!!!!!"
I stormed off upstairs and left her in the hot tub.
"Hey Paige wait ....."
I ignored her


I lay on the bed for ages waiting for her to come in - I could not believe that she could even think that way about me, how is it that I seem to know her a lot better than she knows me!!??  She didn't come and I fell asleep for a while, when I woke she still was not here.



I turned on the computer and  when I signed in I noticed Razz was online

PurplePaige : What are you doing on the computer this time of the morning?
Razzle66 I couldn't sleep - so why are you on the computer?
PurplePaige : the same I couldn't sleep - why didn't you come to bed?
Razzle66 : I thought you was angry with me!!
PurplePaige : so have you even tried to sleep?
Razzle66: yes I am in my bedroom
PuplePaige : I thought we shared a bedroom now!!
Razzle66 : we do but ....
PurplePaigewell you can turn that computer off and come to OUR room - we need to talk!!


"I can not believe you went to sleep in your old room"
"You stormed off, you looked angry so I left you to it, I don't want to fight with you Paige"
"I don't want to fight with you either - that's why we need to sort this out once and for all!!"


 "This is not easy for me Paige - only a month ago I was homeless, starving, no home, no friends, nobody cared about me - my life has gone from one extreme to the other and it is hard for me to trust anything, any minute the rug can be pulled from underneath me and I could be back were I came from, sleeping on a park bench - I keep having to pinch myself to make sure this is not all a dream!!"
So we talked for what seemed like hours until we had come to an understanding.

 And when there was nothing left to say we progressed onto other things.



 "So are you going to stop being stupid from now on"
"Yes!!"
"All you need to remember is that I love you - none of that other stuff matters"
"I know -  I get it, I love you too"


As I had promised I went over to my Uncles house
"Hiya Paige, I am glad you could make it, Phoenix and River are looking forward to meeting you, though I must warn you Pheonix might alarm you a little, seeing as my resemblance to my Dad shocked you so much, Pheonix is going to shock you somewhat!!"  he laughed


"The last time I saw you, you was just a toddler - and I can not believe how grown up you are now!!!  I see you take more after your Mom than our Leon!!"
"Yes, Penny takes after Dad the most, but Poppy has your hair colouring and Payne has your eyes, in fact Payne is a lot like you except for his hair colour"
"So has your mom had the latest baby yet?"
"Yeah she's had twin boys, though I haven't seen them yet!!"
"So yesterday, you said there was something you wanted to discuss with the three of us?"
"Yes, its the vampire situation here in Twinbrook, I think there is a vampire in this town who is turning humans against their will"
"Really??"  he looked shocked
I explained from the beginning what had happened to Razz while Nial listened, I had not even noticed that another of the brothers had walked in and was stood behind me.



When I finished explaining, the brother behind me spoke
"Hiya Paige, I am Pheonix"
When I turned round to face him - I was very shocked!!
"OMG!!"  Was all I could say - Infront of me was stood a younger thinner version of my Dad!!
"I told you he would shock you didn't I!!" Nial started laughing
"My Dad was always calling me Leon by mistake - it was so annoying!!" Pheonix said

" Paige can you go in and introduce yourself to River, just follow the piano music and you will find him.  Me and Pheonix need to have a talk about something"
"Yeah ok"  I suddenly got the feeling they might know something about this rogue vampire that they were going to discuss between themselves and didn't want me to hear.

 River was in the living room playing the piano and he stopped playing when he saw me walk into the room

 "So you must be Paige, I am River"
"Hiya - nice house you have here!!"
"This is the house Mom and Dad lived in before Mom died, until he moved us to that awful town you come from, I still will never understand why he did that!!"
"You did not like Riverview then?"
"Not really, but I suppose it was more the people we didn't like rather than the place - especially that Kandice woman - I will never forgive Dad for remarrying her - I bet my mother was turning in her grave!!"
"I think everyone was surprised when he remarried Kandice"
"Sorry I should learn to keep my mouth shut - I forgot for a minute she is your grandmother isn't she!!"
"Its ok, I never really knew my grandparents very well I was too young!!"
But I did know their story and the history behind it all very well from reading the books my mother gave me.  I felt I knew them because of the photo's I had spent hours looking at.
"So, none of you three are married then?"
"No, not as yet!!"
"I thought I might have a load of relatives living in Twinbrook, I am surprised that I only have three uncles here"
"Well actually, you do have an Aunty, Charity, but she is elderly now and you have a cousin Molly, but take my advice - steer clear of her - she is just evil!!  Your Uncle Evan died a while ago, his son, Edward,  has moved to Riverview, he has five Aunties and Uncles  there - your grandmother again and Uncle Lex - its all so complicated, but I expect you know that already!!"
"Yeah I know - one of the reasons why I left Riverview - too many Swans and too complicated a family tree, I did not want to be part of it!!"


I actually enjoyed my visit to my Uncles house even though I thought maybe the three of them were maybe a little strange at their ages still living together unmarried and without families - but still that was there business!!!  Nial said they would discuss the vampire problem with River and let me know if they found anything out.  But I was confident it wasn't any of them because all three of them seemed so nice!!

"So how did it go with your Uncles?"
"Ok I guess - I don't think it was any of them"
"Good!!"




"So your not dressed yet?"
"No I actually don't feel very well!!"


-----------------
-----------------

1 comment: