Friday 1 April 2011

Chapter 3 - Gen 6 - Neo

Life must go on so they say and it does for me slowly!!!
Nial and Natasha are now both young adults and both work at the music theatre in town, they both want to be Rock Stars one day.  They go off to work just as I come home from school, as neither of them are not around so much to bug me I have started spending less time at the cemetery and more time here with Violet, we get the house to ourselves until 9pm.  On their days off I tend to go to the cemetery just get away from their nagging.  It is not so much Natasha as Nial I am trying to avoid, but with most things she tends to take his side seeing as they are now both suppose to be the "sensible adults" and me still just a child.  They are in the hall now talking about me and they think I can not hear them!!!


"Nat you really need to try and speak to Neo again.  The cemetery - he was there again today, and the day before - he won't even talk to me"  Nial said
"You know Vi says he actually is not spending as much time there now as he was, she thinks he only tends to go there now to avoid you!!"  Natasha replied
"Thats stupid - he does not need to avoid me!!"
"Yeah well, he isn't going to forgive you for Violet in a hurry"
"He needs to get over it - I am not interested in Violet and she definitely is not interested in me - she can't see past him, god knows why - so what is his problem"
"The problem is it cuts a lot deeper than you just trying to steal his girlfriend, you are supposed to be his brother and his girlfriend is important to him and to you its just a game isn't it - you didn't care for one second how he might feel just as long as you got your fun - you could quite easily have wrecked things for them, you would have had your five minutes of pleasure or fun and move on like you do to your next victim - you don't really care who you are hurting do you!!  He is your brother!!!!"
"Well if they are stupid enough - and anyway he is just a kid - how the hell can he be getting so upset, he does not know what love is yet, not at his age!!"
"See that's just exactly it, you just don't give a shit about anyone but you - how do you know he does not know what love is - your the one who has never loved anyone but himself - your the one who does not know what love is yet - oh unless Kandice is the one!!" Nat then started laughing
"Don't you dare even start on about Kandice" Nial sounded annoyed
"eeeewww soorrry!!" she said sarcastically
then seriously she said  "You talk to Neo yourself!!"
seconds later she stormed into the living room, where I was, and plonked herself on the couch.


"You don't have to say anything I heard everything" I told her
"You did!!??"
"Yeah - he is just a jerk, don't let him upset you!!"
"I am not, but there is something I do want to talk to you about"
"What's that?"
"Our bed sharing, you have a perfectly nice bedroom of your own, don't you think its time you started to use it Neo"
"Yes - sorry Nat, I did not think - I will start using my own room!!"
I never even thought, because it has just become habit, I am still sleeping in her room with her and now she is a young adult I bet she would be too scared to bring a bloke home, me still sleeping in her bed!!

 We came down in the morning to see Kandice was here again.  Something that does not please me and Natasha very much.  We guessed that Nial had someone in his room because of all the giggling and noise they were making.  We have both told him we don't want to see her in our house, but he does not listen, and here she is again.  This thing Nial has with Kandice is very wrong!!!!  For a start Kandice is married to Lex.  Our family tree gets kind of complicated due to marriages in the second, third and fourth generations.  Kandice is a third generation Swan and we are sixth generation Swans and even though we are blood related to Kadices technically by law it is far enough away for it not to matter - but still it is not right!!  On the Strong half of our family she is married to our Grandma Kayla's Uncle, she used to be married to our Great Grandad Chase and was our Grandma Kayla's Step-Mother on the Swan side of our family she is our Grandad Antons Niece, our Dads Cousin and our second cousin.  Not to mension the fact that she has thirteen grown up children who are older than us and Kandice herself should soon be slipping into her Elderly years.  Nial really does not care about this because he is obsessed with the woman!!!!  And all Nial is to her is a play thing!!  She has only really loved two people as far as anyone can see and that is Chase and herself.



"What the hell was she doing here again??!!" Natasha shouted
"She's gone now so drop it" Nial spat back
"Nial you really are not listening to us are you!!"
"Well, why should I - it really is none of your business who I see and don't see"
"You do know she is only playing with you don't you - your a fool!!"
"Shut up, I am not poking my nose into who you are seeing"
"I am not as stupid as you are, I am warning you Nial, if you keep bringing her here I am moving out - I am not going to be here when Lex comes after you and I definitely am not going to be picking up the pieces when she has chewed you up and spat you out and moved onto her next plaything!!!"


"He is not listening to you Nat" I said
"I know he isn't"
"Look at him I think he has gone and fallen in love with her eeeeeeeewwwwwww"
"I think you might be right - he does look like a love sick puppy, staring after her!!"
"QUIT IT you two stop talking about me like I am not here!!"

I really don't  understand my brother, but if you look at him properly, the way that he was as a teenager and even before he started messing about with Kandice - Nial and Kandice are actually exactly the same, it must be something in the Swan genes they both inherited because Nial is no better than Kandice with the way he treats the opposite sex and the way they don't care who they are hurting,  They both have something that attracts people to them I suppose it was inevitable they should end up with each other, but it is definitely a recipe for disaster.



I am artistic, and mastered the painting skill when I was a child.  I don't actually spend too much time painting even though I suppose I should.  My life is too busy for me to spend too much time painting, I really never seem to find the time to fit it in.  With school and the cemetery and if I am not spending time with Violet I am usually talking to her online.  So painting is always the last thing on my list of things to do.


I spotted Natasha outside talking to a man I can not say I have seen before, and it looked like it might be getting a little heated, I was thinking about going out to see if she needed my help but she was back inside again before I knew it.
"You ok Nat that looked a bit heated"
"Yeah I am little shocked actually"
"Why who was that anyway?"
"Kane Swan, Kandice's brother, he came round to talk to Nial, Kane is worried Nial is going to get hurt by Kandice, bless him, he thought he was looking out for Nial"
"Strange!!"
"Not really - you will never guess who is back in town, go on have a guess!!"
"I don't know?  Just tell me"
"Chase Swan - Chase Strong - whatever you want to call him"
"As in our Great Grandad Chase"
"Yeah"
"Oh dear - if all the stories are true - then won't there be trouble"
"I would imagine so!!"





It is quite funny that my brother should be causing all the entertainment in my life, because when you look at my life at the moment it is pretty mundane all except for Violet of course.  My last term at school before I graduate and this homework seems to be getting harder and harder, thankfully though I am still managing to scrape a grade A so I am doing ok!!


Even though I knew it was coming, my birthday sort of crept up on me.  I was sitting watching tv when I started to feel quite strange, at first I thought something awful was happening to me but when I looked down at myself I realised after watching Nial and Natasha go through it, I realised it was time for me to become a complete vampire and my young adulthood was about to start.


I don't think I look too much different - even though I do feel a whole lot different!!!



To celebrate my birthday we decided to go to the local Dance Club, only I went alone to start with, Nial and Natasha both working till 9pm and unfortunately Violet not  having had her birthday yet was underage.  I am supposed to have the party animal trait but to be honest there has not really been much evidence of it in my life so far.


When Nial and Natasha turned up they just made their way to the stage in a back room of the club and spent the rest of the night jamming together, so they may as well not have turned up at all because I spent the night on my own anyway.


Sitting at the bar and ordering a drink it brought back memories, memories of when I had come here as a teenager just to try and provoke an angry shouting at from my Dad.  This really crushed the night, I was no longer in the mood for dancing and there was no way I wanted to go drinking myself silly again.  Sitting here just made me think of my Dad, made those horrible feelings come back again, I was having this drink then there was somewhere I had to go and something I had to do - even if I had to sit there all night I was going to make my peace with  my Dad!!!


I bumped into my Grandad Anton on the way out, so I had to stop and talk to him for a while, even though my mind was somewhere else, I was not really taking in what he was saying to me I was just looking for an excuse and the first chance I got I said goodbye and headed off over to the cemetery.


When I was a teenager I had never once seen any of their ghosts, probably because curfew time came way before they would have come out, if they came out at all.  It was nearly 3am in the morning and as I turned into the graveyard I stopped dead in my tracks.  I could see two glowing figures - Mom and Dad just hovering there staring at each other.  I was amazed that on my first attempt my Dad was there ready and waiting for me - maybe he knew somehow I was coming.

I slowly walked towards them not taking my eyes off them, they did not notice me coming, still hovering there staring at each other like they were transfixed.
"Dad" I said quietly not really expecting a reaction, but he swung round to face me and just hovered there looking in my direction.
"Neo is that you??" he said
"Yes Dad its me" 
"You are all grown up"
All I wanted to do was cry seeing them like that, but I suppose it is better than not seeing them at all.  My Mom vanished before my eyes, not even acknowledging that I was there, this made me panic, I did not want Dad to disappear before I had a chance to say anything too him, this might be my only chance.
"Dad, please don't go - I need to talk to you"


I could not help but notice how differently he looked in ghost form, somehow he did not look right - a lot thinner than I remembered him ever being.  But I managed to put things straight with him, he said I was being stupid and should not have worried all this time over the last things I had said to him.   I said I was sorry, and told him I had not meant any of , and when I told him I loved  him and missed him I started to cry I couldn't help it.  He hugged me and told me everything would be ok. 

When Dad just vanished leaving a mist before my eyes that slowly dissappeared, I realised the sun was coming up, I could feel it burning my skin, so I had to go home quickly, I really could not get used to this not being out in daylight, all through my childhood the sun had not affected me in this way.  It was going to take me a while to get the hang of it!!!  I sat for ages thinking about what had just happened with my Dad's ghost, suddenly I felt releaved, I did not have such a heavy heart now, knowing everything was ok with Dad, he knew.



I was too happy to sleep so I went over to the hospital to apply for a job.  I had to laugh to myself when I saw Symphony Swan coming out of the hospital heavily pregnant.  Symphony is third generation and she is married to Kian, Kandices brother



I spoke to Violet which at the moment was all that I could do, three days I had to wait for her to have her birthday and become a young adult.


Three days, what was I going to do with myself for the next three days!!!???


------------------
------------------

1 comment: