Wednesday 20 April 2011

Chapter 1 - Gen 8 - Paige

I think my Dad was a little disappointed that I was not going to follow him and my Mother into a career in Law Enforcement.  My Parents are both High profile Law Enforcement Officers, my Dad is an International Spy and my Mother is a DNA Profiler.  There has always been two squad cars sat on our drive, and I always hated it - a Law Enforcement career really is not for me, even though I have the traits it really does not interest me in the slightest!!  I have other plans - my Life Time Wish is to become a Super Star Athlete.




My parents are so well suited, so in love and NEVER give it a rest, they drive me mad sometimes, they really don't mind about showing each other affection infront of us kids, they have always been very open about their feelings for each other, in fact, I don't think I have ever seen then have a cross word with each other.  The age difference between them is pretty vast, my Dad is a week away from becoming elderly, my Mom, she is not even halfway through her young adult life - I worry about my Mom sometimes, I really do not know how she is going to cope after my Dad has gone, how close they are I don't know how she is ever going to manage to live without him!!

 So I am the oldest of six children, and as I am their first born child, I am the heir to the next generation of our family.  A responsibility that I have known about since I was a child, and even though I have known about it for a very long time, the thought of this responsibility has not become any easier as I have got older!!  Now that I am a young adult my time has come!!



I don't think I have done too badly with my traits.  I am Athletic, Brave, Hopeless Romantic, Neat and Can't stand Art.  The only trait that really causes me a problem living in this house is my Neat trait, because ther are eight of us and I swear I am the only person that ever bothers to tidy up.  In fact, I will be glad when I get my own place because as much as I love my family - I hate the pigsty that I am living in!!  I don't object to the cleaning and tidying and laundry that I spend half my life doing, that I actually enjoy doing, it is that nobody else bothers, it is a never ending task and I just hate the mess - the place never looks clean and tidy for a minute!!!.  My mother is a slob, we are always coming to blows over it, I irritate her with my fussing and she irritates me with her messiness - my Mom is definately the one who makes the most mess in this house.

 Being Athletic  I spend a lot of time working out and I now have a job at the sports stadium.  Luckily I know most of my work mates already as I am related to all of them except for my boss - Jamey French.  I am also working with Benjamin Ellington, Aisha Swan, Shantel Swan and Noah Swan.  Aisah is my cousin, Benjamin lives with my Aunty Lilly, Shantel is married to my Moms Uncle Nial and Noah is my Moms Uncle but is also the boyfriend of my Aunty Keisha (my Dads sister).  There are way TOO MANY Swans in this town!!



It was hard to leave my family, but, we all have to stand on our own two feet one day.  Me being the heir has an added perk of having your parents provide you with a house to live in, like their parents did for them, and I will have to do for my eldest child one day - a perk unfortunately that will not happen for my brothers and sisters, which makes me feel a little guilty in a way, because while I have been given a massive head start, they will definitely have to stand on their own two feet and make their own way in life.

So this is my new home and this is where my new life begins.


My parents must have had a sense of humour when they had this house decorated because every single room in this house is blue, I know blue is my favourite colour - but everywhere!!!???   The best part about having my own place is that it is clean and tidy and it stays that way and I love it!!!  The worst part about living alone in such a big house is the peace and quiet and loneliness, I am used to living with a house full of family, lots of noise, babies crying, laughter -  and now there is just me and silence unless I talk to myself outloud!!. So I find myself doing things I have never really done before like watching tv and chatting to any random person online just for a bit of company, but I suppose if things get too bad I could always ask Perry or Payne to move in.


My love life you ask - well basically I don't have one and to be honest with you, I am not sure I will ever get one living in this town that is already over infested with Swans who I am related to in one way or another.  Walking out of work to see a group of people, every single one of them a Swan, there are actually now very few people in this town that are not a vampire and don't have the surname of Swan - and if they don't that does not always mean they don't have Swan blood and genes, like the blue haired Gary Hess sat over their on the bench, he is my Dads Nephew, Kandice my Grandmother was also Gary's Grandmother.  There is something else going on with us Swan's that I don't feel comfortable with, even my own parents are guilty of it!!  Blood Swans marrying other Blood Swans this actually creeps me out a little and the one thing that makes this all possible is the fact that we are all vampires - with our extended lifespan there is always a span of four generations of Swans alive at the same time, so it is inevitable that family tree lines are going to be crossed!!  My parents are the perfect example - My Dad is a 4th generation Swan by blood and by genes, My Mom is a 7th Generation Swan by blood and by genes - the 4th and 7th generation come together to create the 8th generation - My Moms Great Great Grandad is my Dad's Dad - I really don't have to say any more do I - It is just wrong!!



So here I am sat with a responsibility hanging over my head, the same one my Mom had, the same one that her Dad had, and come to think of it, the same one as my Dads Mom had - you see there it is again - a family tree should run in a single line - the Swan family tree is just a jumbled up mess!!!  I think I have principals, am I the only person who can see it is wrong???  There is a word that is constantly bouncing around in my head that just won't go away - the only one way I can describe all this - INCEST!!


Every single Swan in this town knows I am the 8th Generation heir, they know I have the books, I have the teddybear and I have the wishes..

So I have to produce the 9th generation but I WILL NOT do it with another Swan!!!!
In this town it is virtually an impossible task!!!!

I just WISHED there was a way around it.............

 I was reading the news paper, something else I have started doing since I have been living alone.  Suddenly something jumped out at me - I read it twice, maybe, just maybe there is a way around my problem after all!!

I wished for a solution to my problem - now I am sat here staring at the answer
Maybe there is something to this wish thing after all!!!!

-------------------------
Chapter 2
------------------------

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay the start of the next generation! I can't wait to see what will happen in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to the new generation. So funny about the town be overrun by Swans. I still find it pretty funny that now my sims for my wishacy are Swans. Can't wait to see how the new version plays out.

    ReplyDelete