Thursday 7 April 2011

Second Chance - Part 2

"Well thanks a lot Nial a fine mess you have got me into!!"
"I thought you would have been pleased to have Noah back"
"Yes Noah, but really, does that look like Noah to you??!!
"Sorry I thought he would be his normal self again - they did not exactly tell me he would not be complete and that he would still look like a ghost!!"
"What am I going to do with him??  How the hell can he live the rest of his life looking like that - it isn't fair on him is it??!!  How are we going to explain this to people - Natasha - what is she going to think!!"
"Well what can we do - you know we can not send him back, its something we are just going to have to cope with, I am sorry if I had known it was going to be like this I would never have done it!!"
"You mean something I am going to have to cope with, your moving next door and leaving him here with me aren't you!!"



"So what did they say?"  I asked them
"Oh Noah, I thought you was in the basement" Neo jumped like he had not expected me to be there
"No I was playing with Ole and Codie, and don't worry I did not scare them they actually thought I was quite funny!!!  You said you had three kids, there are four in this house!!"
"Codie is mine"  Nial said
"YOU HAVE A KID!!"  I was shocked but I did not know why
"Why are you surprised by that?"
"I don't know, I just feel like I should be!!"
It was strange how I seemed to sense things without even knowing why, like subconsciously I knew things that I could not actually remember.
"Are you married Nial - who too???"
I noticed Nial and Neo quickly look at each other.
"Do you remember Shantel?"
"Should I?"
"Violets sister?" I saw them look at each other again and felt like I needed to change the subject for some reason.
"No I don't - Anyway you still have not told me - what did they say?"
"I am sorry Noah - you are stuck like this until you die - you will live a normal life like we will, but you will never be yourself again, you will always look like a ghost"


I was struggling to come to terms with what had actually happened to me.  Me and Neo had spent hours talking and my head was hurting me so much I was finding it hard to think.  I had been normal once, before I died, I kind of remember it that time of my life, but it is very vague.  I died years ago when I was a teenager in a fire - that I don't remember at all.  I remember being a ghost, and thought that was normal, I think the longer you are a ghost the more you forget till you have completely forgotten the life you had in the first place.  I have been wandering around a graveyard at night, not really having a purpose and not really knowing why or what I was, I saw other ghosts there and till Neo explained it to me I had not even realised that they were my family.  My parents and two sister and other swan family members that have had their gravestones placed there since they died.

  It was a lot for me to take in and a lot for me to get my head round.  My current state did not bother me as much as it seemed to bother Neo, it was very upsetting for him to see me like this.  I told him I did not mind, but he said I would as time went on, seeing that I was different to everyone else, and if all my memories came back of the life I lived before I died he said I would get more upset being the way I was now.  So I settled into my third life as Neo called it, I just wish he would stop looking at me with pity like he does!!  He would just have to get used to the way I am just like I did!!


I did not have to be taught how to live my life because I instinctively knew that I had to eat, sleep, use the toilet, keep myself clean, brush my teeth, I did everything that they did,  I was normal just like they were except for the way that I looked.   I could just do a few extra things they couldnt.  I could see and walk through walls, and I could glide instead of walk, one think that Neo pointed out to me that I would not know about is that I seemed to have lost my vampire ability for quick learning, he was not even sure I still was a vampire.  This we could not be certain of until I became a young adult which was years away.  It was strange to think that we were twins and should be exactly the same age, I am still a young teenager and he is a young adult with three children and another on on the way.



The thing I hated most was the way that people reacted to me when I was away from the house.  As far as everyone was concerned I was a ghost and we decided that it was probably better that I let everybody think that I was just a ghost, then nobody would pay much attention to me and I would be left alone.  We never even told My nephews and nieces that I was alive, as far as they were concerned I was the ghost of their dead uncle who just lived in our house instead of the graveyard.


I quite often visit the graveyard and stare at the space where my gravestone used to be - that used to be my home once, but now it was gone and I had a whole new different life.  Neo thought it might be better if I stayed out of sight during the daytime, but I did not feel like I could visit at night, I really could not face bumping into the ghosts of my family, I would feel guilty for having a second chance at life, as odd as my life was,  when they were still stuck in their afterlife.  Neo was mentally torturing himself over this, knowing that there was a way to bring back all of our family but could not subject them to the life I was having to live - he still thought it was a lot more awful than I actually did, but as I could not really remember the alternative, I was happy with what I had.



I went to school, but not every day - they kind of got used to me wandering around the classrooms, they just thought I was a ghost haunting the school.  Neo did not want me going to school at all, he thought it might attract attention to me, but I kept telling him he was not helping me live the bit of life I did have.  What did he expect me to do stay in this house forever and never go anywhere or do anything??



 I had actually resigned myself to a life of being different, that was until Nial phoned Neo with some information and an idea that might change things altogether!!!


"Don't be silly Nial that is impossible!!!"
I thought Neo was never going to stop laughing
"Ok - Ok - I will read it - but I think you may have read it wrong!!
Then he started to look angry
"No you won't go and see Kandice I will - you keep away from her,Nial!!"
"What did you say the name of the book was?"
"Just Wishes - ok - I will go and ask her!!"


---------------
Part 3
---------------

4 comments:

  1. Noo!! You can't just leave me hanging! I must know what happens. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - you will find out as soon as i finish part three lol its 3am and instead of sleeping im writing :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!?!? Why do they need Kandice? Why...why...why....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I wonder what their business is with Kandice?!?

    ReplyDelete