Saturday 9 April 2011

Chapter 8 - Gen 6 - Neo

"Will you come out with me later Neo?"
"Where to?"
"Well, I am going a little stir crazy just fishing in our pond, I could do with a change of scenery.  I need to try and catch some Angel fish - they are good bait for deathfish so I read in a fishing book"
"Yeah ok, I suppose I could"
"We need to find out where there are actually deathfish to catch too, we never even thought that far ahead have we!!"
"Well remember what Edwin did in that book - he caught a load of vampire fish and put them in thier pond, death fish just appeared - we could always try to do that - you never know"
"So do you know where there are vampire fish to catch then?"
"No not really"
"That helps a lot then does it!!"
"Do you two every talk about anything else - you know the kids are going to overhear you one of these times and ask what you are up to."   Violet had been quietly reading a book.  She knew what we were up to and thought we were mental to even try, she was more worried that eating ambrosia might turn Noah into some sort of deformed monster or something.
"Something neither of you two have thought about either - what exactly are you going to tell the kids if this thing actually does work - how are you going to explain why the ghost has become normal again??"
She had a point!!!

























Since becoming a teenager, Oliver has been spending a lot of time with his cousin Codie.  I was actually surprised that Codie and Ole were not a lot closer, like they had been when they were toddlers, but now they were older it was actually Oliver that Codie prefered to hang around with.
Nial and Shantel have not had any more children together but the are still married and Nial is still behaving - as far as I know.  Shantel has not hinted to Violet that anything is wrong with their marriage either.



Violets baby bump is becoming quite huge.  Ocean loves to keep feeling the baby and is hoping she is getting a little sister, like Violet is hoping for a girl, unfortunately they are both going to be disappointed. 


I think it is funny how the three children have just accepted Noah for what he is.  They are not bothered in the slightest by him and never question why is there permanently acting like he is living.   Maybe they think this is normal behaviour for a ghost with them not having experienced any before Noah.


Violet woke us up the middle of the night in pain the baby was on the way.

I am a surgeon at the top of my field, this is the fourth time we have been through this and I still panic like I don't have a clue what is going on or what I should do!!

 Owen arrived pretty quickly.  He had the automatic traits of Neurotic and Genius, which I thought was quite a strange combination!!  Owen is also the darkest skinned child we have had so far, but I am pleased that his skin is no where near as dark as mine!!!  I had always hoped I would never inflict the dark skin and bright orange hair combination on any of my children!!!



It seems like it has been such a long time since we had a baby in the house.  Of course we had quite a few willing pairs of hands who were quite happy to help take care of Owen.  We did not allow Ocean to pick him up we thought she was too young to be handling a baby, but Ole and Noah, could not leave him alone.  Strangely there was only Oliver who was not really interested in his new baby brother, and I say strange because he is actually the only one amongst us with the Family Oriented trait!!!


 I was getting a little fed up with the state of the house.  It was getting me down, Violet was busy with the baby and then she would soon be back to work, me and Noah were too preoccupied with our Ambrosia mission and the children, just did not know how to tidy up after themselves.  So I decided I was going to hire a butler - then hopefully we would live in a clean and tidy house.  I prepared a bedroom in the basement for the butler because we were going to get a live in butler.


So Jill arrived - and I quickly learned that I had probably made a huge mistake!!!!
Straight away she refused to clean away any of the tonnes of plasma juice cartons that were scattered around everywhere and all she wanted to do was cook - and cook - maybe clean one thing - then cook.
We are vampires we don't need you to cook for us!!!!!!

Jill permanantly had her head stuck in the oven and we had enough macaroni cheese in the fridge to feed the whole town!!!   



Ole and Ocean were well away trying everything that Jill was cooking but I worried they might get fat.  Silly I know but while they were eating the food they were also living on plasma juice and their bodies were really not used to all this food they were eating - three or four meals a day Jill was preparing.
 Oliver was not really too impressed with the food situation and showed her how he felt by putting  bowls and plate fulls of freshly prepared meals into the dishwasher before anyone had the chance to eat them.  That did not deter her though because every time Oliver did that she just prepared another meal!!


I was trying to explain to her that she did not need to cook us any meals - we were vampires, we did not need food, all we wanted her to do was tidy and clean, especially the plasma cartons away.   I had found her stood by the cooker I suppose I should have guessed that she would be cooking something!!!


I had distracted her away from what she was cooking trying to tell her not to cook and it was only when the smoke alarm started squealing that I realized her next batch of food was on fire and taking the oven with it!!

Fire does not sit well with me!!  It instantly reminded me of when my parents, sisters and Noah had died.  I started to panic because I have never been so scared in my life - my family - I was scared I was going to lose more of my family to another fire!!!

While yelling everyone to keep away me and Jill set about extinguishing the fire.  I could hear Noah behind me - he was muttering a load of rubbish and kept saying "Dad, Nicole, Mom, Naomi"  I had an awful feeling he was going to remember the first fire after this!!

We managed to put out the fire just as the fire fighters arrived and nobody was hurt, we just had a ruined kitchen.  It was then I heard Owen screaming.  Someone must have been holding him when the fire started and just placed him on the floor

Everyone just stood around look at each other in relief when it was all over.

We  put the kitchen right and removed the cooker - on purpose.  If there was no cooker there then Jill would not be able to cook us any meals - she would have to get the message wouldn't she!!!

Oh no - she did not get the message at all - she prepared macaroni cheese in the microwave and produced hundreds of plates of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!!  It was getting ridiculous!!

Noah became very quiet and withdrawn after the fire.  

"Are you ok, you have been very quiet - since the fire?"
"Yeah I know as soon as I saw the flames in the kitchen it brought everything back to me!!"
"I thought it might do somehow - how much do you remember?"
"I remember us having a conversation about you going out when you were grounded, I should have gone to see Shantel shouldn't I that night - you called me a wuss!!"
"Yeah but you were too chicken because I was grounded"
"I think I know now why you are keeping us apart - what I don't get is how she ended up marrying Nial, I remember her now and she really is not Nials type is she!!??."
"No not really but its a long story - tell me what else do you remember??"
"You had gone out and Dad had not noticed he was on the computer when Nicole started screaming, we all ran upstairs to see what was happening, Nat didn't she said " I bet someone has creased a page in her book!!" I actually laughed at what Nat had said"

"I watched them all die Neo, Dad went first trying to get Naomi out of the flames, she was sat at her computer that's where the fire started, I think she might have been trying to fix it.   One by one I watched them die, we could not get out and I was the last one - I heard you Nat and Nial shouting outside and it hurt like hell Neo - then everything went black."
-----------------
-----------------

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Noah's retailing of the fire is heartwrenching. :( *tear*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor think had to remember the fire. What a tough memory. I'm glad this second fire didn't hurt anyone.
    Oh come on, guys! Hurry and get the ingredients for the Ambrosia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noah's story is so sad - good writing!

    Jill is hilarious! I laughed so much.

    ReplyDelete