Saturday 9 April 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 6 - Neo

I felt physically sick looking at Noah, whatever possessed Nial to do this I will never know!!!
I suppose in a way thinking about it I probably would have done the same thing myself, if I had been given the opportunity - thinking I could get Noah back in the land of the living.  I suppose I should not blame him - how was Nial to know he would end up like this - alive and back in the land of the living but with the body of a ghost and a blank memory that was very annoying!!!   I felt sorry for him more than anything remembering what he was and what he is now - how on earth is he going to live the rest of his life normally looking like he does?????  But we had to carry on and just cope with it, I think I was having a harder time with it than Noah was, he seemed to be taking his new life on the chin, but he admitted he could not remember any better and was happy as he was. 



The children were growing up - another birthday, Ocean was now a toddler, she had my eye colouring and Violets hair colouring.  I was pretty surprised that the children actually did not bother too much about Noah, he did not scare them at all, they just took the fact that he was there in the house and got on with it.

I caught Noah helping Oliver with his homework, teaching Ole how to walk and Ocean just loved him.  As soon as she learnt to talk she would ask for him - "Noah, Noah" she would cry for him, he soon became her new best friend!!

"Violet, why have I not seen Shantel yet, I would like to see her"
"Its not such a good idea Noah"
"But why?"
"Ask Neo - he will explain!!"
Noah kept bugging me over Shantel, something was nagging at him even though he kept telling me that he could not remember her.  Everytime he brought up the subject of Shantel I had managed to change the subject away from her successfully, but I was not going to be able to manage this forever.

I was not happy about him going to school, so he did not go everyday.  I know he is alive in every sense of the word other than his body was not right - he had the body of a ghost and that is how everyone saw him, as a ghost - it was too much to expect anyone to understand, and if word got out about what he really was - I am sure he would  have attracted more attention than we could have coped with. 
I felt like we were in a right mess that could never be solved!!!




Then everything changed when Nial phoned me - he gave me hope - he gave Noah hope.  
I just hoped he was right!!!!

"Neo - I just remembered something - Kandice has a book - I read a little bit of it once - it was on about someone feeding a ghost something that would bring them back to life completely."
"Don't be silly Nial that is impossible"
I was laughing so hard my sides were killing me
"You need to ask her for it, ask to borrow it, it was not a fiction book or a novel, it was hand written, like a  journal - like the book you have - its worth a try Neo, stop laughing I am being deadly serious about this!!"
"Ok - Ok - I will read it - but I think you may have read it wrong!!"
"Your not taking me seriously are you - I'll go and see Kandice and get the book and I will read it"
"No, you won't go and see Kandice I will - you keep away from her Nial!!"
"Fine whatever, just make sure you read it!!"
"What did you say the name of the book was?"
"Errr I think it was something to do with Wishes - errr Just Wishes - yeah thats it"
"Just Wishes - ok - I will go and ask her!!"
"Phone me and let me know"

After visiiting Kandice I returned with a book - "Just Wishes" as it turned out I needed to keep hold of it anyway and pass it along with the book and the teddy bear I had.  It was a journal of seven generations of the Swan family from a different town which Faith Swan was the from.   I was looking for what Nial said was in this book - someone was making something to feed to a ghost that would bring them back to life.  I had a lot of reading to do to find it - seven generations worth of reading!!  I just hope Nial was right!!!!


I was surprised to read a story from the 5th generation, "A Quest for Life" were Damen, Edwin and Aleksey had gone on a mission to make Ambrosia to resurrect Casey Swan's ghost, Alekseys Wife and Damens Mother.  They made the Ambrosia but Casey's ghost slowly stopped appearing and after they had made it she never reappeared so they never knew if it worked or not.  We had  a lot of clues from the book on how to make it but it was not going to be easy!!!!  We needed lifefruit.deathfish and the recipe for Ambrosia, none of these were going to be simple to obtain.  We did not have a clue if it was going to help Noah or not, but we decided to try it - we had nothing to lose!!!!


Noah already loves fishing so we decided that he would be the one to brush up on his fishing skills, so eventually hopefully he would be able to catch the deathfish that we needed. 


I went off to the bookshop to see if I could find the recipe for Ambrosia, I was quite surprised that I found it but it cost $12,000 - it is no wander it was not a well known recipe!!!  But sometimes it pays to be a 5 star celebrity - because when I went to the cashier she was a little starstruck and I ended up paying nothing for the recipe she said I could have it on them!!!!  Amazing!!!!  I got a $12,000 recipe for free!!!!!


Violet is back at work, after having three lots of maternity leave, she has missed a lot of work and is a long way from becoming the World Renowned Surgeaon that she wants to be.  We are pretty happy that we have actually got a really really good babysitter Marcel.  He loves Ocean and looks after her very well so we never have to worry about her when we have to leave her  alone with Marcel.



 Oliver and Ole both have their birthdays
Oliver is now a teenager


and Ole is now a child


Noah is now spending every minute that he can fishing in the back garden.  He is improving his fishing skills quite a lot, but he still has a way to go.  Most of the time he has company because me and the two boys are all actually enjoying fishing.


Of course I can only go fishing at night but the three boys can fish day and night.    So if I am not working I am brushing up on my cooking skills, to try and get this Ambrosia recipe learnt and mastered and cooked when we get the ingredience we need.  Oliver and Ole do not know what we are up to of course, they just think we are fishing for fun!!


I have achieved my Life Time Wish
I am now a World Renowned Surgeon!!



Ocean has her birthday
She is now a toddler.


Violet has managed to work her way to being a Paramedic at work.  I can not believe how time seems to be flying by, It seems like so long ago that I was a paramedic and our three children are quickly growing up.  I felt a little guilty, because I know how Violet wanted to achieve her Life Time Wish like I had, but when we no longer had any toddlers in the house I started to want another baby.



Violet actually did not mind because she wanted one too and we started trying straight away and it was not long before she started feeling ill and we knew the morning sickness had started.



Noah thought he would make the most of his teenage years of being out in the sunlight and made a start on learning the gardening skill.  Gardening and Fishing are not easy for vampires because of not being able to do either of them during the daytime because of the sunlight.
We needed lifefruit, which apparently are hard to grown and you need a high gardening skill to actually grow them - that is if you could find the seeds to grow them!!


 When it was confirmed that Violet was pregnant again, I could not help but determine what sex the baby was.  I wanted another boy and Violet wanted another girl.  I won that one because the baby is going to be a boy - Violet was going to be a little dissappointed.



I took every opportunity I could to brush up on my cooking skills, I needed to try and get as much done before the new baby came.


Noah decided he wanted to find some seeds so he went out hunting in the hope that he would find some lifefruit seeds I think this was what was worrying us the most lifefruit seeds, as it was only going to be by chance that we actually would find any - we did not have a clue where to start looking for them.
He went off in the car which made me cringe a little, I can imagine the shock that people would have seeing a "ghost" driving a car around town!!!



I was pretty shocked when Noah came back late at night pretty excited, after curfew I might add, with not just lifefruit seeds but actual lifefriut itself!!!!   He had found some growing in another graveyard, not our graveyard, just there for picking, I can not believe how lucky we had got with the lifefruit.  Noah still wanted to learn how to plant and grow it thought, so he carried on with his gardening.



It did not hit me until it was happening - Ole was having  his birthday - he was changing from a child to a teenager already - where have all those years gone!!!



I was watching Noah brush his teeth, the stupidest of things to do for us but it looked so strange for a "ghost" to be doing it.  It was then that I wandered with his body being in ghost state is Noah going to have birthdays and is he going to age up.  He is a teenager now but would he have a birthday and become a young adult.  It made me shudder, this ambrosia just had to work!!!!


If this ambrosia does not work - is he going to be a teenager forever???

--------------
--------------

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they are getting closer and closer to the ambrosia! I can't wait! I hope it works. The kiddos are all so cute. I wonder what the new one will look like?

    ReplyDelete