Tuesday 26 April 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 8 - Paige

"You cheat!! your not supposed to do that!!"
"I just did!!!" she giggled
"Well, your a cheat!"
"Your only winging cause your losing"
"No I'm not!!"
"You are so being a big baby!!"
























"So why don't you like art?" she asked randomly
"I know what your doing missy and I am not falling for it again?"
"What am I doing?"
"Your trying to put me off because I've just overtaken you again"
"Your so childish!!" she giggled
"I'm right though aren't I"
"You can have the game little boy I need to take the trash out anyway"
"No I'll do it - you stay there!!"
BANG!! CRASH!!
"AWWW now look what you have done!!"
"Sucker!!!!" she was giggling
"You snake!!"
"Ha! Ha! gets you every time!!"
"I'm not playing with you any more - you don't play fair you know how easily I get distracted!!"
"Baby!!"



I really don't think I need to spell out exactly what is going on here do I!!!!!!

"Paige what did you do? she asked quite sharply
"What now? - I am always in trouble with you aren't I"
"No your not in trouble - but I got a promotion today!!"
"Well that's good isn't it!!
"Yes but strange!!" she said frowning
"What is strange about it, you deserved it didn't you!!"
"Yes but - you said you would sort it and now all of a sudden I get a promotion after a year of not having any, that's a bit of a co-incidence don't you think - you did something didn't you!!
"Not really!!"
"Not really - I don't want you buying my promotions for me!!"
"I haven't bought anything - all I did was had a word in his ear, and maybe flashed my teeth a little"
"PAIGE - you didn't threaten him did you!!"
"No I just told him I thought he was being a little unfair on you with how hard you work and you are capable of a lot more and would be quite an asset to have on the team more than some of the lazy oafs he is putting his faith into!!  I did not verbally threaten him - Ok so I flashed my teeth, but if he took that as a threat then that's his problem!!"
"I am warning you Paige - I want to earn my own promotions - I don't want you pulling strings for me - I have to do it on my own - ok!!"
"Ok - I understand!!"
"I don't think you do!!"
"Oh I do, believe me - I get it, you know you and me are not so different you know."


She stepped closer to me like she was about to say something but I did not give her the chance, on impulse I quickly kissed her.
"What did you do that for?" she looked shocked
"Because I wanted to  - sorry did I upset you?"
"No, its just .... nobody has ever kissed me before!!"
"Me neither"
"Paige Swan you are such a liar!!"
"I AM NOT seriously I have never kissed anyone before"
"Get out out of here - you must have!!!!"


"Why must I - oh let me guess because I am rich and famous right!!"  I said sarcastically
"Well yes partly but your also ..........."
"Also what?"
"Nothing it doesn't matter"
"Come on tell me, you can't start and not finish!!"
"Just shut up and kiss me again!!"

she pulled away suddenly
 "I'm sorry I shouldn't have told you to do that!!"
"What's wrong Razz??"
"This is wrong!!" 
I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach
"Well it doesn't feel wrong to me!!"
"Until you come to your senses maybe!!"
"and what is that meant to mean?"
"What are they going to say if it was to get you , YOU with the Geek!!!"
"Are you mad!!??  Does it really matter what anyone else thinks!!?"
"But its not going to do a lot for your reputation!"
"What reputation??!! - I seriously think you have a hang up about me being rich and famous that you need to get over!!"
"I don't have a hangup!!"
"Oh yes you do - I am sick of you keep reminding me I am rich and famous!!!  YOU with the Geek - that says it all doesn't it!!!  I am not anybody special and you are not a geek!!"
"But ..."
"But nothing - if people call you a geek its your own fault you know - it beats me why you would want to make yourself look ugly to people, when you actually are quite beautiful and Me - who am I? Nobody special you know, just because I am rich and famous doesn't make me better than everyone else"
"But the paparazzi are already hounding me and following me just because I am living here"
"Ignore them, you will get used to them!!"




"Are you not bothered about what they are going to say"
"No and neither should you!!"
"But I can not help but worry!!"
"Well don't - look most of what they write about people is rubbish anyway, they will probably have us married off and a baby on the way before the end of the week, then next week it will be someone else's turn and they will forget about us - there is nothing to worry about - they can say what they like it is not going to make a difference to us is it!!"
"I suppose not"


"So you are going to stop being stupid?"
"I'll try!!" she said
"So we can carry on then"
"Carry on with what?"
"I was kissing you before you rudely interrupted me!!"
"Your mad you know that!!"
"If you say so!!"
Even though I wanted to go a lot further than just kissing, we were both really tired and went to bed alone in our own separate beds.


The next morning before work I found her sat in the kitchen looking glum
"What's up with you Razz,?"
"I've just done something really stupid!!"
"What?" I asked
"I took the trash out to the bin dressed like this, didn't think about the pap's outside"
I started laughing because all she was wearing was underwear.
"Its not funny - they took photo's!!" she seemed upset
"It's not the end of the world -  maybe next time you will remember to get dressed first!!"
"I am glad you find it amusing!!! 




We both started work at the same time but I finished an hour earlier than Razz does.  As I walked out of work my agent phoned and asked me to go to the Pinapple Dance Club and do some dancing.  So I decided to hang around outside work and play my guitar until Razz finished work and if she was not too tired take her with me..

 "What are you doing here still?" she asked
"I was waiting for you to finish, do you fancy coming to the pineapple?"
"Oh don't I need to get changed first"
"No your fine as you are - I'm going in my work clothes"
"You sure you want to be seen out with me?"
"Shut up and don't start that rubbish again!!"



 The Pineapple Dance Club was actually the only club in town - so it was pretty packed.


 We had a drink which was pretty naff the mixologist was not very good.
I mastered the mixology skill when I was a teenager and thought I could do a better job!!!  It made me want to mix a party drink - which I probably will do when I get home!!


We spent the next 4 hours dancing.



 "Are you tired yet?" I asked
"Not really, why are you?"
There were hot tubs downstairs in the club, which gave me an idea, but best we go home because what I had planned would not go down very well in public!!!
"How do you fancy going home and jumping in the hot tub?"
"Yeah if you want"
I went to put my arms round her to kiss her but she backed away
"What are you doing - someone might see us!!" she said looking round nervously
"Your at it again - I don't care if anyone sees us - Just come here!!"


 "You need to stop fretting about what other people are thinking!!"
" I know I am sorry - I can't help it!!"
"Unless its me, your ashamed of being seen with me!"
"Don''t be ridiculous!!" she sounded shocked
"Well get over it then before you start giving me a complex!!"


"There were hot tubs in the dance club you know"
"Was there really - Where I didn't see them"
" Downstairs where the toilets are"




"So why didn't we use the club hot tub?"
"We would probably have been thrown out"
"Why?"
"Because what I have planned wouldn't go down very well in a public place"
I started to pull her towards me
"And what do you ... " she started to ask then the penny dropped
"ohhhhhhhhhh"




"Your sleeping in my room from now on arent you?"  I asked
"If you want me to!!"
"Come on then - follow me"  
I took her hand and led her upstairs


 It was 8am before we finally went to sleep and we both only had
5 hours before we were due into work.

------------------
---------------

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww!!! They're so cute! I love this generation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look on both their faces in the hot tub was so funny!

    ReplyDelete