Wednesday 13 April 2011

Chapter 4 - Gen 7 - Ocean

At first when I started throwing up I thought it was bad plasma I had drank or maybe even all the exciting, because just before and since we got married it has been none stop excitement in our house.  Now Leon has got past his problem, he just won't stop - I am finding it hard to keep up with him!! 
It never even crossed my mind that I could be pregnant.
























When we were not at work, we did not find the need to wear clothes because they never stayed on for long enough anyway!!  But we did get out of bed for long enough to do other things.  We are actually a lot a like in a few ways - we both love music but didn't chose a career in music but in Law Enforcement - Leon's Life Time Wish is to become an International Super Spy which is on the Special Agent branch of Law Enforcement and I want to be a DNA Profiler which is on the Forensic branch of Law Enforcement.  So at the moment we work together, but when the time comes to take the route we want, we will no longer be working together as partners.  At the moment we are both Lieutenants.

I am still keeping up with my patch of garden which I can only do at night time, I want to master the gardening skill, which I am far from doing!!

I also do a lot of painting, rarely I hang a finished picture on the wall, most of the time I just sell them which is a nice little money earner for us!!

Finding out I was pregnant was a shock for the both of us. 

We both wanted a boy and we both wanted to read pregnancy books.  After Leon had got over the shock of finding out he was going to be a Dad he went off to the book store to buy some pregnancy books for us to read.


Leon's phone never stops ringing.  He has a huge, immediate family and they all seem to keep in touch by phone.  He has 17 brothers and sisters in total, only 15 of them are still alive but I don't have a clue how he manages to keep up with them all!!!! 

Kandice & Chase = Leon. Lea, Laura, Lacey, Lilly, Lilac, Chrystal & Keisha
Kandice & Lex = Alice, Annie, Alex, Andy and Aidan
Chase & Suzanna = Kayla, Charity, Nial, Pheonix and River

Chase is my Great Great Grandad and Kayla is my GreatGrandma


I was a little sad when Leon came home from work today he told me he had been promoted which meant that we would now be working apart.  He has now taken his first step up the ladder of the Special Agent branch of Law Enforcement and is a member of the Vice Squad.  I was pleased about his promotion but upset that we were no longer partners at work.

We now had a police car each and our driveway must look quite comical with two patrol cars parked on it.  I can safely say we will not be getting any more burglary attempts any time soon!!!!

"Ocean whatever are you doing I can hear you banging from upstairs"
"Upgrading the toilet"
"Why? and should you really be doing that in your condition??"
"Have you seen how dirty this toilet is?"
"Yes, well just clean it then!!"
"I don't need to, besides I don't do cleaning - I am upgrading it to self cleaning"
"So your telling me - you would rather spend hours upgrading that toilet instead of spending 2 minutes to clean it"
"Yes - I am a slob if you hadn't already noticed!!"
"I had, but I am too polite to say anything, so don't you do laundry either?"
"Not really"
"I thought not - so I guess its my job from now on then!!"
"I'm afraid so!!"


Bless him - Leon now does all the laundry!!

 Leon was at work when the pains started.    At first I was not sure what to do being in the house on my own, the pain was awful and I was pretty scared!!  So I called a taxi and went to the hospital.


Leon was allowed to leave work early and made it tot he hospital just in time.
We had the little boy we both wanted, who we called Paige.
Paige is Athletic and Brave, just like his Dad.

I put the teddy my Dad gave me in the cot.  He was looking a little old and battered so I made him some new clothes to wear, but still have the old ones put away safely.

Unfortunately, I don't really think I was made out of very good mother material, don't get me wrong, I love my little boy but, all the nappy changing, feeding, crying, I just can't be doing with it and don't.  Leon takes care of the baby most of the time.  Of course when I am left alone with Paige I take good care of him but if Leon is around its easier and better for me to just leave all the child rearing to him!!  Leon loves it and is actually quite the opposite to me because he just can not leave the little man alone!!

and its phone call after phone call and he can not wait to tell everyone about every second of Paige's life so far - all two days of it!!!

I think every single brother and sister he has knows all about Paige!! 


"Don't you think you should put him down to sleep"
"He likes me to carry him around"
"I bet he does -  but your getting him into a bad habit, you are going to make him too clingy, and there is nothing worse than a kid"
"I suppose"
"You can put him down and pay me a little bit of attention for a change"
"Your jealous!!!"
"I'm not!!"
"Yes you are don't fib!!"


"So is this enough attention for you?"
"Shut up - I was not jealous"
"We could always try for another baby"
"Already?!"
"Yes, why not?!"
"Oh I don't know ......  I have not got used to the first one yet!!"
"I don't want to leave it too long, its better for him to have a playmate to grow up with and if we had another baby now you can get all the maternity leave out the way altogether then you can concentrate on your career and I won't hassle you for any more kids, its up to you after that!!"
I didn't say anything I was too busy thinking
"Yes? - No?"
"Ok - just ONE more!!!"


While I was still on maternity leave I made good use of the time getting as many of the household appliances upgraded to self-cleaning.  I felt a little guilty that not only is Leon working hard at work, he is also working hard at home, looking after Paige, laundry and cleaning.  I started with all the sinks, baths, toilets and showers.  When I have mastered the handiness skill I plan to upgrade all the electrical appliances to unbreakable, which should give us something less to worry about, but at the moment I don't feel confident enough to start messing with electrics, not that Leon would let me anyway!!  That is how his sister Laura died tinkering with electrical stuff, it is a big NO - NO where he is concerned - if anything breaks, call the repair man or buy a new one.  He would kill me if he caught me trying to repair anything!!

I want to paint a masterpiece - and this definately isn't it!!

 I'm afraid to say I neglect my little garden patch more than look after it!!

Leon is having to concentrate on his body tone for work - they want him to maximise his body strength so has been spending a lot of time working out and you can already see the results.


He has got way too much muscle for my liking!!!  He seems to  have doubled in size.

and he still spoils Paige too much day and night.  Leon even gets out of bed sometimes in the middle of the night without Paige even crying for attention.

 Leon made sure he found a good babysitter for when I returned back to work.  His name is Lucas.  Even though I am not back to work until tomorrow he called him round to make sure he was good enough.  He is such a fuss pot!!!  Lucas is actually pretty good, he is another Leon and does not leave the poor kid alone for a minute!!



"So is there any sign of this baby we have been trying for yet?"
"No not yet" I said
"Maybe we need to try again then"


"Maybe we try a little too much and that might be the problem!!!
---------------
Chapter 5
---------------

Guilty as charged - the second time they did woohoo  I pressed the panic button (try for a baby)   I thought if he is going to keep on being so awkward it might not happen often and at least i would have an heir.  Then when they got married and he moved in - everything changed -they both constantly want wahoo so I need not have panicked  :/  I wish you could confiscate a sims phone - Leon's is driving me nuts keep ringing and 9 times out of 10 it is one of his brothers or sister.

3 comments:

  1. Kandice and her lovers really made a lot of kids didn't they, lol, good grief! Yay for baby Paige! I love that they are both cops and that she's sort of anti baby and cleaning. Such personality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great chapter Julie! I loved the part about them not bothering to get dressed because it doesn't last long. Reminds of Ambrose in his elder stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, Leon has a lot of siblings to keep up with! Yikes! I wonder if they will wish for any more kids after this one? Hmm..

    ReplyDelete