Tuesday 19 April 2011

Chapter 10 - Gen 7 - Ocean

"So what are you planning to do with yourself now you have left school?"
"I want to be a Superstar Athlete so I am going to apply for a job at the stadium tomorrow"
"So you did not fancy a Law Enforcement career then?"
"No, it doesn't appeal to me really!!"
"Never mind sports is good"
"Why don't you go to bed Dad, you look exhausted, I'll sort the girls out!"
"Thank's son I am half asleep on my feet"



























We have three birthdays tomorrow, Poppy, Petal and Penny.  
I am a little dissapointed that we did not get Poppy potty trained in time, even though Paige is having a go before her birthday we still did not manage to achieve it in time.



 The three girls have their birthday.
Poppy first and she gained the Clumsy trait, just like her Dad!!




 Next it was Petals turn.
She has my Dads hair and my Moms green eyes.


 Penny was last
She has Leons hair and eye colouring.

 I was going a little stir crazy, I needed to get out for a change of scenery  I still wanted to master the gardening skill and since the twins had been born it was hard to find time to actually go out into the garden, by the time it was dark enough I was always too tired.  So I decided to go off to the library and do a little reading up on gardening.



I left Leon to put the girls to bed.

 But I had to laugh at Poppy, instead of spending her first night in a proper bed she did not go upstairs to sleep in her new bedroom, she spent the night napping on the couch - I will have to make sure she goes to bed properly tomorrow night!!


As Paige is now an adult we thought that he would want his own space, so we managed to make use of the waste of space landing and had another bedroom built.  I did not think he would be too keen or comfortable sharing a room with a teenager and a child.  Even though we knew he has plans to move into a place of his own shortly, but the extra room will come in useful for when Perry becomes a young adult, because if his teenage antics with girls is anything to go by, he is definitely going to want his own space!!!

Things have actually worked out quite nicely with work hours and we don't need to hire a babysitter to look after the girls while we are working.  Leon goes to work in the mornings with me and as Paigne does not work till the afternoon, Paigne looks after the girls in the morning and Leon is home an hour before Paigne starts work then Leon looks after the girls till I get home. 


Life is a little more relaxed now that we just have two toddlers to take care of and I finally managed to get out and do a little gardening.   It had been so long half of the plants were dead.  It took me a lot longer to sort out than I thought it would.  It was actually after 3am and I was still out weeding, that's when I heard the giggling.

We had put a swing slide and climbing frame in the garden to encourage the kids to make the most of what outside time they had while they were children.  I found Payne and Poppy playing on the swings at 3am in the morning.

"What on earth are you two doing out here at this time in the morning, you should be sleeping you both have school in the morning!!"
"We are playing"
"Not at this time of the night you aren't - Get to bed"
I think I can already see that Poppy is going to be a little rebellious, she has this mischievous glint in her eye and I can see her dragging Payne along for the ride!!

 My second day back at work after maternity leave I got the promotion I needed.
I have achieved my Life Time Wish and am now a DNA Profiler.
I could not wait to tell everyone when I got home!!


"Thank you for my promotion"
"Your welcome!!"
"And the payrise"
"Paigne is going to be moving out in a few days"
"Yeah I know, there has been something I have been meaning to talk to you about"
"What's that then?"
"Well, as I have now achieved my Life Time Wish and Paigne is moving out, we have room for another baby don't we!!"
"I suppose but isn't six enough - I am happy with six"
"Well yeah but I would actually like ten"
"Ten kids??  are you  mad and don't forget in a weeks time its my birthday, I am going to become elderly, am I going to be up to looking after any more babies!!"
"Of course you are - so can we??!!"
"We'll see - let me think about it!!"



----------------
Generation Eight
Chapter 1
-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment