Sunday 17 April 2011

Chapter 8 - Gen 7 - Ocean

I've heard an old wives tale.  So I am going to give it a go in the hope that we will have a girl this time.  When I found out I was pregnant in the middle of the night instead of  telling Leon I went off to the grocery store to buy some watermelons.
























I have heard that if you eat watermelons it helps you have a girl and its apples for boys.
Anything is worth a try - even if it does mean eating human food!!



I now have a little helper in the garden.  Paige comes out and helps me some nights.  He quite enjoys the gardening.  I am very close to finally mastering the gardening skill.

I managed to get near the easel a few times during this pregnancy.  It has been hard lately because Perry spends most of his free time painting.

 He has painted a few brilliant pictures and is aiming to paint a masterpiece which is something I havent achieved yet either!!


Payne has his birthday and becomes a toddler - another one with my Dads hair colouring.


"Why are you upset Leon?"
"His eyes"
"I know they are a bit of a funny colour but what is  wrong with them, OH NO! he isn't blind or anything is he??"  I started to panic!!
"Don't be silly its the colour - he's got my Dads eyes"
"Oh yeah he has got Chase's eyes hasnt he!!"
"Im happy he has my Dad's eyes, it was just a shock and it reminded me he's gone!!"


"OMG!!!!!!"
That was strong - I think this baby is in a hurry!!



Perry heard me moaning  and started to freak out
"Perry go get your Dad quickly!!"


He's too late - SHE is here already!!

When Leon came running down the stairs
Poppy had already arrived.



Poppy is Artistic and Neurotic - and a GIRL!!!!!

Paige instantly fell in love with his new little sister.  He had not really bothered with Payne much!!  Leon now had some competition as they started fighting over who was going to get to Poppy first.

Payne still had all his skills to learn which kept Leon pretty occupied so Paige made the most of it!!

and when Paige was at school I managed to sneak in and play with her for a bit.

Perry is doing really well he has got onto the honour roll and never fails to do his homework as soon as he gets in from school every night.

I  actually got to make a start on Paynes walking skill

It was not long before we  had two teenagers in the house
Perry has his birthday and gains the Hopeless Romantic trait.


Its pretty mad how a birthday and a new trait can change a person.  Perry who has been a very good boy up until now is now pretty distracted.  His school grades are slipping and he has stopped doing his homework, he now walks round like he has his head in the clouds.

"You haven't done your homework again have you Perry"
"Not yet Dad"
"I really don't know what's happened to you lately"
"What do you mean?"
"You look like you are in a day dream all the time and are letting your school grades slip, is there something wrong Perry??"
"No Dad I am fine"
"I notice you have the Hopeless Romantic trait you are not busy mooning over some girl are you"
"Eeerrr, well there is one ........"
"I thought as much!!  You need to forget about the girls and concentrate on your schooling, school is only a tiny part of your life - you have the rest of your life to worry about girls - now get your homework done!!"



Poppy has her birthday and is now a toddler.  Leon cracks up.
"Don't tell me - your Dads hair"
"Yeah and my eyes - my Mom's eyes"



It is nice to see Poppy and Paigne playing together - they will be toddlers together for quite a while.


Paige still makes a beeline for Poppy and hardly pays any attention to Payne unless he is crying.


 But when Dad is around he does not get a look in.  Poor Payne is pretty neglected by the both of them since Poppy has come along - the poor kid will be getting a complex!!!!



 Now I grew up with a houseful of brothers and did not like it very much, I always wanted a sister.  I did not want Poppy to grow up being the only girl, and thought maybe just one more baby before I went back to work.  I was convinced the water melons had worked so was sure we could have another girl.  Leon did not need any pursuading!!




---------------
Chapter 9
--------------
ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr  ginger (orange)  kids - I hoped I wouldn't get any more!!!!  Chase is making sure he haunts me - lol - his hair and eye colouring appearing in his grandchildren :) and Perry I think has THAT Swan gene that Kandice and Nial had - lol  And Ocean and Leon are getting mighty boring all they want to do is wahoo and babies!!

1 comment: