Friday 8 April 2011

Second Chance - Part 3

by Neo

A book had been found in amongst her belongings when Faith Swan died.
the book was called "Just Wishes".

At first nobody was sure what should happen to this book, at one point they thought they might return it to Wishacy Bay, but it had been decided that this book should be kept along side the book that I had.  Kandice just had never got round to giving it to me.  I was pretty shocked to find out that this book was exactly like the book I had and that this is not the 6th generation of the Swan family, it is actually the 13th generation.

"Just Wishes" was a journal of seven generations of our family based in Wishacy Valley and Wishacy Bay, Faith had the book because she was the 7th generation Swan.  She had left Wishacy bay to start a new life in Riverview where she carried on the journal of her new life in a new book - my book - "A leap of Faith"  I noticed that both books had written in the middle of the front cover "you get what you wish for"

  As I had to keep "Just Wishes"  normally I would have all the time in the world to read it - but there was information in this book that I needed urgently and having no idea where abouts in the book this information was, I had to start at the beginning and read every word till I found what I was looking for.

Somehow I think Nial must have got it wrong as I read throught the generations I could find nothing that could help me.  He said he had been at Kandice's once and he had picked up the book, he said he had just opened the book, he does not have a clue what page or even who had written it but he is convinced that the answer to our problem is written in this book.

So I sat for days - every second I was not sleeping or at work I was just reading.























"Have you found it yet??" Noah asked
"No go away Noah, quit bugging me every five minutes"
"What generation are you on now?"
"Four"
"Only three left you should find it soon, if you find it at all!!"
"Can you believe we have had vampires in our family for nine generations now - it all started with Aleksey - good name for a vampire that don't you think, and you know Nials problem - after reading this I think it is genetic - and Kandice - its all in the genes!!!"
"I will sleep better tonight for knowing that!!" he said laughing
"It does not hurt to know about your past!!"
"If you say so, but I can not remember my own, let alone worry about anyone else's!!"
"Actually - you know something, I don't know why I did not think of it before, you should read my book, you can read Dads generation and what I have written so far - just don't pull me up on anything I have written, you should learn quite a bit about yourself and everyone else from reading it.  And if you want entertainment - generation 3 - Kandice is highly entertaining!!!!  Just don't leave it lying around anywhere, guard it with your life!!!"

So now we were both reading - looking for answers from the past generations of our family.



------------------------
by Noah

I had read my Dads generation and Neo's so far, I had learnt quite a bit but not enough.  I was a little upset to think there was so much of the life I had when I was living the first time that I could not remember.  Shantel - why was I having trouble remembering her - now I know why Neo and Nial had kept looking at each other uneasily!!  I had not seen Nials wife since I returned and I felt like they were keeping her away from me for a reason.  Neo was still reading so I amused myself and started reading from the first generation of the book.

"OMG - he was right"  Neo was screaming
"What?" I asked
"Nial was right - there is something in this book that could help us, generation 5, Damen Swan, A Quest for Life.  It is exactly what we needed" 
"What does it say?"
"Hang on let me finish reading it then I will tell you"
"You could have read it first then told me - I am going to get all agitated now!!"
It felt like forever, watching him reading and waiting, but finally he looked up at me.
"I think maybe you need to read it for yourself"
"Why?"
"Its actually pretty sad" he said looking pretty miserable and passed me the book
"Why?"
"Just read it and you will see!!"
"You big sap, you are not going to start crying are you"
"Don't be stupid - just read it - it will have to be your decision whether or not we go through with it"

So I read it.  Basically the story goes - Casey Swan died and Aleksey wanted to bring her back.  Dean their son who was a scientist had read some secret experimental papers at the science facility about feeding ghosts ambrosia to restore them to a full living state.  They went to all the trouble of learning how to make ambrosia and getting the ingredients, which was not easy.  Finally making it for Casey's ghost to never reappear again and Aleksey so love struck gave up and died himself.  They never achieved what they set out to do.
"So we don't know if it will work still"
"No, that's why it is up to you if we do it or not"
"One thing bothering me - if the science facility did do experiments and it had worked surely it would be public knowledge that there is a way to bring back the dead completely - so why have they let me go out into the world in this state?"
"I don't know but if you think about it logically - just imagine if they did discover something like that - they would need to keep it hush hush wouldn't they - just imagine what would happen if everyone knew you could resurrect the dead completely - everyone would be doing it - it would cause mayhem!!
"I suppose"
"And think about how many centuries ago was it when Dean Swan found those documents at the science lab - everyone who knew the secret, if there was one, would be dead and gone now - the scientists today are just probably trying to do what they were doing or did way back then, today's scientists would not know it may already have been achieved centuries back and think about it they can not know about it - you were an experiment remember!!"
"So what do we do - do we try it or not?"
"That is up to you isn't it - it is your life we are risking, I can not make that decision for you - I can't"
"Well what is the worst thing it can do - kill me, I have already been dead once remember and it is not as bad as you think, so I am not scared of dying again!!"
"But we have to think this may not work at all - you already have life its only your body we need back"
"Well we are never going to know unless we try it"
So we are doing it then?
"Yes - lets do it!!"


So what was it going to hurt trying - catching a death fish, growing life fruit, finding and learning the recipe for ambrosia - we already had a lot of clues from the book.   It was going to be a mission, but I suppose it would keep me occupied!!!!!

And there is hope at the end of it all that I could be me again!!!!
I might have a second chance to live a normal life!!

--------------------

The final part of this side story will be coming after a few Neo Chapters

Chapter 7
--------------------

For anyone who has not read my first wishacy "Just Wishes" and does not realises or understand what I have been waffling about in this part - I have connected my two wishacys together
A Quest for Life is here
When Nial got the opportunity to take a gravestone to the facility I was so happy - because since I installed Ambitions I have not once had this opportunity appear (I presumed because of the ghost hunting career as the graveyard ghosts are all messed up now all they do is rarely appear and jump into a taxi somewhere it is hard for you to actually catch one to talk to)  whereas before Ambitions the "oh my ghost" opportunity used to constantly appear.  I thought why not having a controllable ghost around the place would be fun in the wishacy - it would give me an excuse to move Nial out and Noah can be the entertainment as Neo is just boooooring.  Noah likes fishing and kept doing it on freewill - Neo joined him a few times and when Neo rolled a wish to learn a recipe containing fish - this made me smile.  Not a wish I can say I have seen before - but I instantly thought - Ambrosia contains fish. :) so the plot formed for Neo to learn the recipe for ambrosia and because of his fishing Noah could catch the death fish.  I have already been through one wishacy attempt to resurrect a ghost which failed - so here goes with my second attempt - ha! ha!

2 comments:

  1. I think it makes for a great side story. It sucks when your sims are boring. Maeve was dreadful all she ever wanted to do was have babies....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant way to bring their wishes together to resurrect a ghost!!! Wow! I can't wait to find out if they succeed!!!!

    ReplyDelete