Thursday 7 April 2011

Chapter 6 - Gen 6 - Neo

"So what are you going to do now Nial?"
"What do you mean?"
"Isn't it about time you did the decent thing and got married"
"Woow - not - so - fast!!"
"Not so fast - you have a baby together for god sake!!"
"Me married - come on Neo get real"
"Its you that needs to get real Nial, you have got responsibilities now especially to that little girl!!"
























The one good thing about Olivers awful sleeping routine I got to spend a lot of time with him, he was never sleeping in the evening so after work I had plenty of opportunity to play with him and teach him his talking walking and potty skills.  He picked it all up pretty quickly



 The worst part of his routine was making it very hard for me to keep up at work.  I had a lot of research to do everyday, and I was having to do it when I was exhausted, some days I was not getting to do it at all which really was not helping me get the promotions that I needed.


"Who do you miss the most?" Nial asked me out of the blue
"You what?"
"From the fire - who do you miss the most"
"All of them really"
"Yeah but which one would you want here the most if you could chose one"
"I suppose it would be either Dad or Noah"
"Dad or Noah"  he said thoughtfully
"Nial is this conversation leading anywhere?"
"No - no - I was just wondering"
"You don't just wander something like that without a reason"
"I was just thinking thats all!!"
I get a horrible feeling he is up to something!!
"Your not planning on bringing graves back here are you?"
"No!!"






Codie and Ole both had their birthdays.
 She has Shantels hair colouring and surprisingly my eye colouring
which comes from mine and Nials Mother.



Ole shocked us all with Shantels hair colouring which comes from Violet and Shantels Mother
he has Violets eye colouring



It was pretty funny to watch them playing together with them having the same hair colouring you would think they were brother and sister not cousins.  I can see these two being the best of friends when they grow up.  They actually stick together and exclude Oliver.



It was nice to see Nial taking some responsibility for his daugher, he taught her how to walk and talk.


But the most shocking thing he has done recently is propose and get married to Shantel
I never thought I would see the day that Nial actually made a commitment to somebody -
I just hope it lasts!!!!


Things were a lot easier with Ole, he had a normal sleeping pattern so he slept through the night mostly, but sometimes Oliver would disturb Ole's sleep banging on the xylophone in the middle of the night, so we had to remove it from our room - so Ole could sleep without being disturbed by Oliver playing while we were all trying to sleep.


We have another baby on the way - as soon as Ole turned into a toddler I wanted another baby, because having Codie around had really made me want a little girl of my own.  I am really happy too that this baby is going to be a girl, Violet doesn't know though I am leaving it as a surprise!!


I am now a trauma surgeon at work and things have been getting pretty hectic for me, longer shifts and lots of emergancy call outs.  At the moment this coffee machine is my best friend, with three demanding toddlers in the house and so much work - I don't know how I would get thought it all without coffee!!




But I still managed to fit in the time to help Violet with Ole's skill training - even though I was not getting to spend as much time with him as I had with Oliver


Oliver had his birthday and he gained the party animal trait
 almost straight away he went off to find a radio and started to dance



I found him down in the cellar gigging away to the music when he should have been in bed.  I had to explain to him that he really needed to do something about his sleeping pattern now, he had too go to school in the morning and he was not going to do very well if he spent the day sleeping in class!!  He seemed to understand and took himself off to bed.



It was not long before the baby arrived - it was a girl and we called her Ocean.  The two traits she acquired at birth were Slob and Virtuoso.

 "The house next door is nearly ready we will be moving out soon"
"I just hope you are going to make it work with Shantel Nial"
He did not say anything - mmmmmmmmmm


Oliver is doing pretty well at school, he does his homework without being told, but most of the time he crawls into bed when he gets in from school, then gets up in the middle of the night and does his homework.


Nial came to me just before he moved out next door with Shantel and Codie.
At first I thought he had been messing about - but I was certainly not prepared for what was to come!!



"Neo I have something to tell you, I have done something"
"Oh God Nial, I knew it was too good to last!! What have you done?"
"No its nothing like that - you see I got this phone call ................"

----------------
SIDE STORY
Second Chance
Part 1

Chapter 7
---------------

2 comments:

  1. Yay! For baby girl Ocean!! What did Niall do??? *quickly hits side story link*

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that both Nial and Neo's babies have the same color hair?!? It's pretty though. Oh man, what in the world has Nial done now!

    ReplyDelete