Sunday 6 February 2011

Chapter 5 - Gen 3 - Kandice



"OMG!!"

"What do I do?"

"OMG!"











"OOOUUCCHHH"

"OMG!!"

"Stop freaking Kandice - go and fetch Kian - quickly!!!"




"OMG - come on lets get you to the hospital"

"NOOOOOOOO there isn't time for that!!!  AAAWWWWW"

"What do you mean there isnt time?"

"She is coming NOW OOOUUUCCCHHH"




Seconds later little Jasmine arrived, to impatient to even let Symphony get to the hospital.









I am killing time down in the basement, its mine and Jakes birthday today, just waiting for Dad to return from the grocery store with our birthday cakes.

I created another unique drink and decided as Jasmine had been born yesterday -  I would call it "Blue Jasmine"



Jake has not been potty trained, Kian put him on the potty for the first time this morning - but I think it is just a little bit too late - dont you!!!








This is the birthday I have been looking forward to the most!!

I made my wish before I blew out the candles.

No - I am not going to tell you what my wish was!!!!







Well I don't think I look that much different, and I haven't turned out too badly, I don't think!!!


Happy Birthday to Me!!








Now its Jakes turn to blow out his candles.

Happy Birthday Jake!!











I found out as soon as I got to talk to him that Jake has No Sense of Humour trait.

Poor kid - I would not like to go through life not having a sense of humour!!!






 
"So have you decided what you are going to be doing with yourself yet?"

"Yes Dad, I want to be a Superstar Athlete, so I am going to go to the Sports Stadium and apply for a job"

"Thats great!!"  Dad said



"First, I would love to visit china and go to the Martial Arts Academy, so I thought I might do that before I get my job and start work"
"That is probably a sensible idea - take a holiday then think about a job!!"
"Why don't you come to China with me Dad!"
"I am sorry love, I would like to but I have things going on at work, I am really close to getting my final promotion, and we are close to finalising an important experiment that we have been doing for months, and now is not the time for me to take a break!!"
"Never mind - maybe next time!!"



But there was something else I wanted to do even before I took a holiday in China.  Hit the dance club, that I was banned from going too when I was a teenager.

To say I was a little dissappointed was an understatement!!



 The place was dead - I was the only person actually in the club besides the two bar staff.   Then when the mixologist served me the drink I had ordered she said "Oh its you - no discount for you buddy!!"  So I get my first taste of public disgrace - apparently I have peed myself in public - news to me!!



The drink she gave me was not all that good either - I can make better!!   When I return from China I am going to have a go at moonlighting as a mixologist - I'll show her!!








Then to top it all off the only other person who came into the dance club was my Uncle Justin and he had only popped in for a quick drink after work on the way home!!







 
I danced a little wildly for a while, alone, then decided I had had enough a few hours before closing time and went home.  What a let down!!  Why is it the things you most look forward to in life are always the biggest disappointments!!





So the next morning I was not in such a good mood, public disgrace hanging over my head, disappointing night out.  Sitting in the car being driven to the airport, I just hoped China was not going to be a big disappointment too!!







When I arrived at the hotel, the sun was blaring - it was so hot!!  This is one thing about being a vampire that I am really not gong to enjoy - not being able to be out in the sunshine anymore.  It kind of spoils things in a way because most outdoor activities have to wait till after dark




The first thing I did was check out the hotel, to see what it was like, had a quick shower and something to eat.

My phone started ringing - my agent -  I had the opportunity to do a little work for someone, and do some tomb exploring at the same time.  I had to go and find Hiu Young Kim for my instructions.


I made my way to the address my agent had given me and quickly found Hiu.  She gave me a map and a stone key and told me to make my way to the tomb of the Lost Army - there, somewhere,  I should find a chest containing some treasure, a relic she was desperate to get hold of.  I had never been inside a tomb before and did not have a clue what to expect!!  Hui told me when I enter the tomb there is stone on the floor that has foot print shapes on it, I was to stand on the stone and this would open up a staircase.  At the bottom of the staircase I would find on the wall a stone which the key would fit into - and that was all she could tell me from then on I would be alone.

I was quite excited at the prospect of exploring a tomb.  I followed all the instructions that she had given me, and when I put the stone key into the stone wall slab, there was a load snap, and the sound of breaking chains.  I quickly realised that I had just unlocked the door to my right and I should go through it.



I quickly realised two things.  The first, this was not going to be easy and secondly, I was definitely not dressed correctly for tomb raiding!!

Standing in a room with two doorways, the one I had just walked through, the other one was chained.  The only other things I could see in the room were an odd looking stone tile on the floor and a stone statue stood by the wall.

When I stood on the white tile the door unlocked, when I stepped off it the door locked again.   mmmmmmmmm now that's a little tricky!!!  I needed to put something on the white tile so keep the door unlocked long enough for me to sneak through it - but what??  Looking around I looked at the statue, I doubted I would have the strength to move it - but I would have to try.  When I managed to find a ledge to get a good grip on the statue - I pulled - aaaaawwwww - it was really heavy but it moved slightly - AAAAAAWWWWW - with all my strength slowly I managed to pull the statue over the top of the floor tile.  The lock snapped open and stayed open. Well I am a genius remember!!!


Quite pleased with myself, I walked through the newly unlocked door, to find another room virtually identical to the last.  This time I had to push the statue from the middle of the room to rest on top of a white floor tile by the wall.  Its definately a lot easier to push these statues!!




Eeeeewwww I dont like the look of that!!!!

How am I going to get past that electricity without frying myself??

Only one of the statues was moveable, and the only thing I could think to do was to push the statue over the floor tile producing the electricity.


It worked!!  As soon as the statue started to move over the electrified tile, the electricity went off - I just hope it stays off!!

On the other side of the statues was another area with just a locked door and a pile of rubble.  A pick axe - very convenient - doesn't take a genius to work that one out does it!!!  I picked up the pick axe and started to smash at the rubble, there had to be something underneath all that stone to open that door!!



"OUUUUUUCH!!"

Swinging the axe back too far and the point stuck in my backside!!

Eventually when the rubble was cleared it revealed a white floor tile with footprints in it.

Standing on it I expected the door to unlock, but instead I heard a loud rumbling noise behind me.

When I turned round I was amazed to see a secret door had opened up in the wall, that I couldn't see until now.

In this secret room all I could see was statues and treasure chests.  Hopefully I would find something to open up the chained door that I needed to get through.





Three chests and all I found was lots of gold coins and a few cut gemstones, nothing that would help me open the chained door!!

Now what??!!







I wandered back into the first room that I had been in and the solution hit me straight away - there was a whole in the wall that I had not noticed before.

I put in my hand and started to feel around gingerly!!






Scream - I have never screamed for so long and so loud!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRR

GET OFF!!  

Shaking violently and stamping my feet, I was trying to get all those horrid bugs off my arm


OMG!!!

GET OFF!!  GET OFF!!

Finally the creepy bugs fell to the floor and all scurried away into every little crack till there was not a single one visable.

YUK!!!

Just thinking about them made me shudder!!


I was not pleased that I had to put my arm back into that hole again!!!  But I really had no choice, it was either that or give up.  Thankfully, no more bugs, as I groped around in the dark hole I felt a lever which I pulled.  I was pretty relieved when I heard the sound of chains breaking, I knew the locked door was now unlocked.

All that was in the next room was a dive pool - a locked door and a stone plaque on the wall with a star shape cut into it.

I really did not like the look of this - I knew there was only one thing for it - get into the water - hopefully I would find the star shaped key I needed in the bottom of the dive pool.

OMG that is cold!!!

I dived down into the water, it was dark but being a vampire I could see, there was nothing down there - just a tunnel, which I swam through and surfaced in a different dive pool in a different room.

In this room I was pleased to see a treasure chest.


I found the star shaped key I needed in the chest.

Back into the dive pool and back through the tunnel to the room where I could use the star key.






Putting the star shaped key into the hole, the chains snapped and the door unlocked.

Boy am I getting tired!!!







When I went into the next room I opened up the chest and finally found what I had been looking for.

One more floor tile to stand on, one more set of stairs to climb and I walked out of the tomb and into the night.

Have I really been down in that tomb so long??!!





I delivered the relic to Hiu, then headed off back to the hotel.

Toilet, shower, food then bed in that order.

The first day of my holiday in China was over already and I was exhausted!!









-----------------------------------
Chapter 6
----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment