Saturday 26 February 2011

Chapter 5 - Chasing the Past

I picked Evan up from the airport and took him straight to Suzies house, filling him in on what was happening on the way.

He got really nervous and at first I thought he was not going to go inside, he has the shy and loner trait so it makes meeting new people hard for him even if it is his mom and his sister.


"Come on Evan - are you ready to go in I can not stand out here for much longer - I am going to fry!!"

"Yeah, sorry Chase, I'm ready"







The first thing that Suzie said probably didn't make for the best of starts - but I think Evan was used to hearing it by now.

"My word you look so like Lex it is scary!!"  Suzie said

"Yeah I know, I am always being told that"

"God you have grown so big!!"


The last time Suzie had seen Evan he had been a toddler and I suppose he must still be a toddler in her mind, so seeing Evan as he is now was quite a shock for her.

I just hoped him looking so much like Lex was not going to cause a problem for them!!




and of course Evan and Kayla needed no introducing, they started giggling and gossiping together like a pair of school kids.







Meeting Charity was a bit of an ordeal for him - he was still trying to come to terms with the fact that she even existed.









Meeting Evan also affected Chartiy in a way too - her neurotic side came out and she went round the house checking everything.

Its funny how Charity has virtually the same traits as I do - she is virtually a female version of me.





"Chase, everyone is a vampire except for me - even Lex" Evan said
"Yes I know why is it bothering you that we are all vampires?"
"No, but I think I should be one too - can you turn me into one please"
"Oh I don't know Evan, have you really thought about it properly"
"Yes, I want to be a vampire"



"Please Chase - turn me into a vampire - if you won't do it I will get Kayla or Mom to do it - please Chase"
"Oh ok - give me your arm"
"Is this going to hurt?"
"Just for a second so I have been told"
























Evan settled in pretty quickly, and we decided that it would probably be best that he stayed at Suzies house rather than in the hotel, it would help him get to know Suzie and Charity better.

Deep down  I was hoping that Evan would help solve a few problems, that he would want to stay and live here with Suzie rather then go back to Riverview to the tormenting Lex.  This would make Suzie a little happier about letting me take Charity with me even if it was for a short time at least.  The future was pretty unpredictable right now, I did not know if the future would be me and Candy or me and Suzie - I really do not know what is going to happen to any of us!!































"Hello"
It was Lex
"Its none of your business where I am"
"Your not my Dad, you never have been and you never will be!!"
"Get lost Lex!!"
"I am not coming back - you will never be able to torment me again!!"
"You can try - but you wont!!"



"You wont drag me back because you arent never going to find me or see me again"
"Goodbye Lex and don't phone me again, because I won't answer it!!"

He cut off his phone, a big grin on his face.




  I had never seen him speaking to Lex like that before, he has always cowered and when Lex says jump he jumps.

"Its about time you stood up to him!!"
"Well he can't get to me here can he - he won't find out where I am will he Chase?"
"I hope not - your mother doesn't want him to find her either - I doubt he will as long as you both stay here in Twinbrook"





"That is what I wanted to talk to you about do you think Mom and Dad, I mean your Mom and Dad would mind if I stayed here permanently??"

"I am sure they will be fine with it - remember you are an adult now you can do what you want to do with your life"

I have always worried about Evan, he is like a fragile doll, easily broken, he is so timid and shy.





Charity took Evan and Kayla round town so it gave me and Suzie some alone time.

I had to go to work in a while, a concert at the sports stadium this afternoon and one at the theatre tonight







I only had two days left in Twinbrook, then it would be time for me to go home to Candy.  The closer it got the more I dreaded it and the more I really did not want to go home and leave Suzie.

I still did not have a clue what was going to happen with Charity, whether she was coming home with me or staying here and visiting - this still was an ongoing discussion.

Arranging to meet Suzie in the hotel bar after the theatre concert was a very stupid idea but at the time it seemed like a good one.

I wanted to make the most of the time we had left and we could not do it at her house with Evan, Charity and Kayla being there.




The hotel room would have been a better place to meet I never gave the paparazzi a thought, I had not been hassled as much in Twinbrook as I was back home, I never accounted for a pap with a camera.


When I walked in she was sitting at the bar drinking but immediately jumped off her stool and grabbed my hands as I got close.  I never even noticed the pap lurking in the corner - and I was too wrapped up in Suzie to even think to have a quick look around for any paparazzi






Kissing Suzie in a public place was not a very clever thing to do.  I never even noticed the camera flash - I was totally oblivious to the paparazzi in the corner taking pictures of us.








"You hungry - do you need plasma?" I asked her
"No not really"
"Come on then lets go upstairs"

He was there and how I never saw him I don't know!!  Talk about being blind and stupid!!






Of course we were blissfully unaware of what was about to hit us and the night flew by













I no longer cared everytime I betrayed my wife, I no longer cared that what I was doing wrong.  The only thing I cared about at the moment was making the most of what time I had left in Twinbrook doing the only thing I wanted to be doing.






We slept but not for long, with an alarm set to wake us so that Suzie could sneak home just before the sun came up and the kids got up to notice her sneaking back into the house.







"Have you seen the paper this morning Mom?"
"No why?"
"Well I think you and Chase might not like a certain story they are running"
"What about?"
"How long have you and Chase been .... eerrr carrying on?"
"What are you on about?"



"Look - just look at the story, the photo's don't leave much to anyones imagination and I am not happy I like Candy and I doubt very much Kayla will be mighty pleased either!!!"

I got to Suzies and straight away she told me to sit down, she was stood there holding the newspaper in her hand

"Chase you need to see this"
"What is it?"
"Turn to page 4"
She handed me the paper
"Evan is pretty mad!!"




I opened page 4 and was shocked to find a full page article about me and Suzies relationship the kids and everything, the photo's of me and Suzies from the hotel bar last night, there for all the world to see.
OMG!!!!
"Where the hell was he hiding"  I asked Suzie
"I don't know I was not really paying any attention to anyone in there."
"How Stupid - I should know better!!"
"HOW THE HELL do they know all this??"
"I don't know!!"


"You know what this means Suzie don't you?"
"No what?"
"I have to go home - NOW!!"
"No Chase!!"
"I am sorry I have no choice - I am going home TODAY as soon as I have arranged a flight and cancelled tonight's concert"
"No Chase please!!"
"Sorry Suzie I have no choice I am going home today!!"



-------------------------------------
Chapter 6
-------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Busted!! I wonder if Candy will be that upset, maybe she has been caring on with Cory all this time.
    It is like Chase is living a double life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! Well it had to come out in the end, best get it over with!

    ReplyDelete