Tuesday 22 February 2011

Chapter 2 - Chasing the Past

Picking myself up off the floor was the easy part - making sense of what the hell was going on, was not so easy.

"You told me he was dead, you said my Dad was dead  - why when he clearly isn't??!!"

What was her name again.
Great isn't it I gain another daughter I never knew existed and I don't have a clue what her name is!!


"Charity I'm sorry - it was just the easiest way around it, I never thought I would see him again I didn't know how to explain it all to you!!"

Charity - Charity is that her name?!
"Suzie how - why - I don't understand!!"
"Well if you or Lex had even bothered to show up at the hospital, which neither of you did,  you would have known - I had twin girls"
TWINS!!
TWINS!!
Me and Charity both spoke at the same time.



"Yes twins, I got one and you got one it was only fair!!" Suzie said sarcastically!!
"FAIR - FAIR - and you think any of this is fair on any of us - I am never going to forgive you for this!!!"
"Well what else do you want me to say"
"WHY Suzie, why did you do this - and HOW, I don't understand how did you hide a baby?"
"Have I got a sister??" Charity said suddenly

"Yes you have a half brother and a twin sister, it looks like your mother has forgotten to mention to you!!"  I said to Charity then turned to glare at Suzie
"Don't look at me like that Chase - you are not exactly innocent are you Chase"
"I know I am not - but HOW Suzie, how did you do it"
"I saw what Lex did to you, I visited you while you was in the hospital but you wouldn't know because you was still out of it.  I was scared - of what he would do to me once I had had the baby.  I was glad when neither of you came to the hospital, I know you couldn't but he could have, as soon as I had had the baby I planned to run anyway, I had to work out a way to get Evan and I was gone.  It was your Moms fault you even got your hands on Kayla and it was your brothers fault I ended up having to leave them both behind."

"What did my Mom do??"
"She turned up at the hospital, my brother had  taken Charity out of the room a few minutes earlier to the car, when your Mom walked in, he was bringing us here to Twinbrook because my parents were here.  I was just finishing off packing my bag.  So your mom only saw Kayla, I never told her about Charity.  Your mom took me home, I couldn't escape.  Lex was drunk and ranted and raved at me all night I had to wait till he fell asleep.  I planned to take both babies and run"
"So why leave them and go alone?"
"He fell asleep holding Evan on the floor in the babies room, I could not get near either of the babies without waking him up and Chad was panicking he did not have a clue about what to do with a baby - I had no choice I ran and I left them"

"Did you not think for one minute about me!!!!"
"Yes but what help would you have been, you was not much more than a child yourself - you never even turned up at the hospital - you didn't love me - Lex nearly killed you - why should I think you would or could help me"
"Because they were my babies, we made the mistake we should have sorted it out together - I am not Lex you know!!!!!!"

"Don't think I haven't suffered I have suffered every single day - I have Charity to look at every day and she reminds me of you - every day - look at her - she is you!!"
I couldn't help but laugh out loud
"What's so funny!!"
"I was just thinking how ironic it is that you even made a mess of which baby you took and which one you left behind, because Kayla is you all but her hair, which is the same colour as my mom's"



"I hate you!!!" Charity said to Suzanna
"No you don't, you are just angry"
"I do - I have a sister and brother you never even bothered to mention once and a living Dad not a dead one like you told me!! - I hate you!!!"
"I did what I thought was best for you"
"Well you should have left me with my sister and my Dad!!"



"And who the hell is Lex???" Charity asked looking from Suzanna to me.
"Lex is my brother and also ... he was married, still is married to your Mom"
"YOU ARE MARRIED!!" Charity turned to face Suzanna
"Yes, unfortunately"

"Is that why you have always been alone all this time because you are married"
"Yes, partly"
"Then the other reason you gave me, was all lies"
"No they weren't lies, I meant it but this is not the time or the place for that conversation"
"Why not ... if you...."
"NO Charity please NOT NOW"


I hate it when women get their heads together and talk in riddles, what the hell are they on about I wonder!!!

"Where is my brother and sister - I want to see them"
"Evan is at home and Kayla is here in Twinbrook"
"Where is home?"
"Riverview, he lives with my parents and brothers and sisters."
"He doesn't live with his Dad?"
"No, Lex has been a little unhinged for quite a while - unfortunately me and your mother did that to him"
"Are you married?"

"I am now yes, and I have four other children besides Kayla - so you have another half brother and three half sisters - all  younger than you."
"Wow and here was me thinking I was an only child!!"
"Why are you and Kayla in Twinbrook - where you looking for my Mom?"
"Not exactly, it was accidental I found your Mom, I am here because of work and Kayla was dragged along for the ride"
"I think I know who you are you know!"
"You do!?"
"Your Chase Swan aren't you!!"
"Yes, for or my sins!!"


"Chase when did you change your surname" Suzanna asked
"When I got married"
"So Charity how would you know his name is Chase Swan?"
"You know those concert tickets you bought me last week"
"Yes"
"Well that's HIM!!!"
"Don't be silly!! - Chase??" she turned to me looking confused
"She's right, and those tickets, you wasted your money I am rubbish!!"
"No your not - your awesome, wait till I tell my mate" Charity started to get excited
"NO Charity - not yet - I need to tell my wife and kids first before the world finds out - the last thing I want them to do is read about you in the papers"
It had only just hit me - the paparazzi - I had not given them a thought till now - I really did not want Candy and the kids to find out before I have told them.  And I needed to get Kayla round here.

"Kayla what are you doing?"
"Still chilling on the bed good - I need you to be sitting down!"
"No, I found something you wanted me to look for"
"No not that, I have found your Mother"
"Are you still there?"
"Write this address down and you can meet me there"
"No you don't need a taxi you can walk from the hotel - ask the receptionist she should be able to point the house out from the hotel."
"178 Savanah Lane"
"OK!!"

"Suzie I will let you explain Charity to Kayla when she gets here!!"
"Thanks!!" 

It did not take Kayla long to get there, straight away she spotted Charity and could not take her eyes off her.

"Dad who is she? she has your hair!"
"Your Mom should be answering these questions - but this is Charity she is your twin sister."
"I don't have a twin sister"


"You do Kayla, I know its a shock and I only found out myself today, your mom did not tell anyone she had had twins and took one with her"
 

"This is another one of your windups right!!??"
"No Kayla - she seriously is your twin sister"
"Wow does Candy know - wait till Lea finds out shes not the only one with your hair - wow Dad she looks just like you - so I am just like Lacey and Laura - I have a twin sister, poor Leon hes already moaning he has too many sisters wait till he finds out he has another one!!!!!"

"Calm down Kayla - take a breath - you are getting giddy again, I'm just going to phone home and talk to Candy, before the paps sniff me out!!"

This was all getting a little too much for my brain to handle!!

It would have been so easy to introduce Kayla to her mother then for me to walk away - now with Charity in the equation this makes things more complicated, how am I going to walk away from this town now knowing that I have a daughter here.  The thought of going home was already a daunting thought, I need to go home and sort out my relationship with Candy which has been going downhill lately especially with the Cory situation - was it true or wasn't it - I just don't know!!!

The three of them were nattering away, I sat down and got lost in my own thoughts I hadn't even realised that Charity had sat down beside me and was just staring at me.

"What is your wife like - will she be mad at you because of me?"
"No don't be silly, you are the same as Kayla to her - you will like her I think - Kayla does"
"Is she famous too??"
"Yeah, actually her whole family are, she was born famous. she hates it, but she is making a name for herself she plays for the Llama's sports team in Riverview"
"So you get lots of hassle from the press then!!"
"Yeah, just a little, I wouldn't be surprised if there is any outside right now."
"And my brothers and sisters - do they get hassled by them too"
"Yes unfortunately they do - as Kayla will probably tell you!!"


"What family do I have in Riverview"
"besides your brothers and sisters, you have my parents, and I have 3 brothers and a sister."
"Who looks like you the most?"
"Actually you do!!"
"Really??"
"Your sister Lea has my hair colour but she looks like Candy - and I suppose Laura looks the most like me but she has Candy's hair colour."

"Why does Kayla have orange hair?"
"Its from my mom, my brother Lex has the same and your brother Evan too."
"Can I come to Riverview"
"Of course you can visit anytime you want to"

"I don't mean to visit I mean I want to move there"
"Have you spoken to your mother about this?"
"Not yet - I wanted to see what you said first"


"Well you really need to talk to her first, and if she is ok with it then we can get something sorted out"
"I am an adult now, I shouldn't have to ask her"
"No, I know, but its best you talk to her first about it all and maybe you should visit for a while, you never know you might not like Riverview!!"
"I don't care I hate this town - why can't I come back and live with you"
This was going to be awkward!!  I gave her some money, told her to take Kayla out, show her around the place and I would leave tickets for them on the door at the stadium where I was performing a concert tonight.  While they were out I would try and sort something out with her mother.

"We need to talk Suzie, we have something to sort out"
"What is there to sort out?"
"Well for a start Charity has already told me that she wants to move to Riverview"
"OH NO!!! there is NO WAY!!"
"She is an adult, she can actually do what she likes and unfortunately I think she will whether you like it or not!!"
"Have you been filling her head with rubbish"
"NO!!!"



"You are not taking my daughter away from me!!"
"Oh you mean the daughter you took away from me how many years ago was it??"  I said sarcastically "You have got a nerve Suzie!!!" 
"Well at least you had Kayla - I didn't!!"
"Oh yes, I forgot I should say thank you to my mother for that, not you, after all it is her fault I got my hands on Kayla isnt that what you said!!!"
"She is staying with me and that's final!!"
"She will do what she likes, she is an adult and I don't think you are going to stop her no matter how much of a fight you put up!!  I am trying to sort this out properly, obviously all you want is another fight"
"She is not moving to Riverview - I won't let her!!"


Suzie turned away from me and was silent for quite a while, I don't know if she was crying, thinking, getting angry or what she was doing.

So when she suddenly span round I was pretty shocked to hear her say
"Chase, take those damn glasses off your face"
"What??!!"
"Stop hiding behind those glasses - take them off!!!"

"And what is this supposed to achieve?"  I asked taking off the glasses still baffled by her sudden request.
"Now I can see you properly"
"You could see me before"
"Not your eyes I couldn't and I can tell how you are really feeling from your eyes - your eyes say what your mouth doesn't"
Oh no - here we go - she is off - I wandered how long it would take her!!

"I think I know you better than you know yourself!!"
"DON'T start with all that rubbish again Suzie, I am trying to have a conversation with you about Charity and Riverview - quit with the flirting,  I am not that stupid little kid any more!!"
"Shame!!"


She was unbelievable, and had not changed any!!! 

We sat for a while drinking plasma juice in silence.

"How long have you been a vampire?"
"Too long!!" she said
"Seriously Suzie how long?"
"If you are wandering how old I am I have not long become a mature adult"


"And why is Charity a vampire"
"Because she wanted to be one"



"You should move back to Riverview"
"Not on your life will I"
"Well how else are we going to sort this out?"
"You move to Twinbrook"
"That's impossible for me - my whole family, wife, kids, work, my wifes work, Kayla's work and boyfriend - I couldn't do it - there is only the two of you, it is more practical for you and Charity to move to Riverview"

"There is no way I am living anywhere near that crazy brother of yours"


"We could always swap them around for a while!"
"Please tell me that was a joke!!"
"No I was being serious"
"Well, that has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life!!!  Are you mad??"  Then I started laughing I couldn't help it it was just so ridiculous!!!
"Shut up Chase!!"
"You haven't even though about what you have done have you - its one thing keeping her away from me and removing yourself from Kaylas life - they are twins - twins need to be together, I have a set of twins at home so I know how they tick - keeping them apart now will not do them any good at all!!!"
"So we have a problem then don't we!!"
"Finally the penny drops - earth to Suzie - is there anybody in there??" 
I knocked on her head like I was knocking on a door and she just slapped me.

"I am not moving to Riverview"
"You might have to unless you let Charity come to live with me and Kayla"
"No"
"I somehow think by the time they get back they will be inseparable - and I think the only decision you will have to make is whether to move to Riverview or stay here alone."
"I'll talk to her when she gets back"

"You know what is bugging me most - you have not once mensioned or asked about Evan - do you forget you also have a son in Riverview!!"

---------------------------
Chapter 3
---------------------------

4 comments:

  1. Julie this is an awesome side story. I really hope Charity does go live with Kayla and Chase! Funny about him being a rock star and she had tickets to see his concert. lol Your sims are so dramatic, it's funny. Can't wait to see how Candy takes the news and how the thing with Cory goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying your story line. I think all the drama is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really good, cant wait to read what happens :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, what a mess! I wonder what the family at home will think of Charity!

    ReplyDelete