Tuesday 15 February 2011

Chapter 18 - Gen 3 - Chase


 by Chase Swan


 I am so stupid!!!
If I had just told her instead of messing about I wouldn't have been in this mess now!!!!

I am talking about Candy - now I have got to hope she sticks to her word and keeps out of it until I can get to explain to her properly.

I am stood here waiting for Kayla and Evan to arrive and I have never been so scared in my life!!!

Finally it is going to happen, what I want to happen - but not this way - Lex again, and as usually has gone in like an idiot and done it all the wrong way!!!
The door bell rang - well here goes!!!

"I'll get it" Candy shouted
"Hiya Evan, come on in"
"Is it true Chase - what Lex says - it is true???"  Evan asked as soon as he got through the front door
"Hold on a minute Evan, Candy can you......." I so wanted her to go before she heard anything.
"I know I know, I'll give you some space, but I am warning you Chase ..."
"I Promise later!!"


I was so releaved watching her running upstairs - I just hope she stays there!!

"Where is Kayla Evan??"
"She's outside - Chase is it true is Lex my Dad??"
"Yes Evan it is true!"
"and Kayla??"
"I am her Dad"
"But WHY - WHY all the lies??"
"It was the easiest and best thing to do at the time"
"Why him - why does he have to be my Dad I HATE HIM!!!!"
"I need to find Kayla then I will sit down and explain to you both"
"Well I wish somebody would because all Lex has done has yell at us both!!"

Outside Kayla was just standing there looking pretty lost.

"Come inside Kayla we need to talk"
"If its true, I don't know that I want to talk to you!!"
My heart sank.
"Well come inside and listen then - just listen - when you have heard the full story then you can decide what you want to do with it."


"Is it true are you my ...."
She stumbled over the word Dad so I said it for her
"Dad - yes it is true, I am your Dad"
"You Can't be my Dad, your my brother and - My Mom??"
"Your Mom's name is Suzanna and we don't have a clue where she is she left and dissappeared Lex never found her."
"So you both dumped me!!"  she started to look mad
"NO NO NO I never dumped you, we just did what we thought was best for you and Evan at the time"
"Why Evan too - I don't get it??"
"Look I need you both to sit down and I'll explain everything to you both"

"Where is Evans mom??"
"What exactly did Lex say to you"
"He came round, drunk, and just started yelling - he kept being nasty to me, saying I would turn out a slut like my mother and Evan had a go at him then he turned on him.  Told him to shut up and keep out of it and when Evan said no - he rared at him and said its about time he started respecting him properly, he shouted "I am your Dad not that idiot who has brought you up!!"  Cory jumped in and told him to shut up and get out then he shouted at me "and the little slut in the corner - go ask your Dad how he managed to mess all of our lives up - Chase go ask Chase - he's your Dad!!"
"Sit down the pair of you and I'll explain properly"
Samir was in the kitchen, he already knew everything, and so had Taylor.  It had all came out the night he delivered the letters that Candy wrote us, and that is when they got dragged into it and Samir helped out with a few things.  He just shot me a look and started making one of his salads.

While they sat eating I started explaining, pacing up and down talking not looking in their direction because I was too scared to.

After I had finished explaining Evan left to go and find Lex.  Kayla stayed, but hardly said a word after that, just hung around watching me, everytime I looked up I caught her looking at me in a strange way.


"Kayla why don't you go to bed, you look tired and you have a lot to think about!!"
"No I am just going to go home, you don't want me here anyway"
"That's not true, I love you - I always have"
"How could you when you did not even want you admit that you was my Dad"
With that she ran out.




The last thing I wanted was for Kayla to hate me!!!













 And I really didn't want Candy to find me crying like a baby!!


"That's it Chase, I've got something to tell you then you have got a whole lot of explaining to do to me!!!







"I'm pregnant"  she told me
"Candy that's great!! I want a boy this time"
"I want a boy too!!"










"Lets have a feel of your bump"

"Stop trying to avoid it Chase, you can tell me now or I am going to see Cory, I am sure he will tell me what is going on!!"










It has been so long since I had a neurotic freak out - I almost forgot I had the Neurotic trait!!








"There is no easy way to say this so I am going to just come right out and say it "

"Go on then!!"

"Kayla isn't my sister - she is my daughter"

"She IS WHAT?????"

"Kayla is my daughter"



"YOUR DAUGHTER - YOU ARE KIDDING ME RIGHT!!!???"

No, Kayla is my daughter"

"Why the hell have you never told me this before now??"

"Because until today Kayla did not know herself, I have only ever been as far as she is concerned her brother"

"Well I am gobsmacked"

"That's why Evan and Kayla came round here today because Lex has opened his big mouth - finally but he has to go about it the wrong way - he told them in a nasty way and they were both really upset"
"Them - they are upset, what does Evan have to do with this please tell me he is not your son too!!???"
"No Evan is Lex's son"
"WHAT!!"

"Maybe you should sit down and I'll explain it to you from the beginning"
"I am fine standing - go on"
"Did you ever have a crush on somebody a lot older than you when you was young"
"I did actually"
"Well, so did I, on Lex's wife"
"WIFE - I didn't know he was married"
"Yeah still is as far as I know"
"Really!!!!!"

"Anyway remember the time I used to hang out with you sometimes after school - it was then, if I didn't come home with you I was round at Lex's house with him and Suzanna - I wish I had some sense back then to look at girls my own age!!!"
"and ....."
"Well, while I was still a teenager she said I may as well move in as I practically lived there already - so I did, I don't think I actually hung out with you after that"
"Charming!!"

"Well, when I became a young adult, she started flirting with me, Lex worked a lot and they had just had a baby, Evan, and most nights it was just me and Suzanna.  Thats when it happened"

"What happened?"

"The flirting went too far - I ended up sleeping with her"

"Oh!!"

"I know - and not just once either, the second time we actually fell asleep and when Lex got back from work he found us curled up together in their bed, obviously he went ballistic and threw me out - I went back to Mom and Dads"
"Chase ......"
"Don't say anything I know it was wrong, but I just couldn't help myself - and you aren't no angel yourself remember - me and Lex!!"

"Sorry I shouldn't have said that"
"Forget it - So what happened then?"
"Nothing - which quite surprised me - he left me alone but I knew he wouldn't leave me forever unpunished because that is not Lex's style.  He came for me in the middle of the night, I was asleep, he woke me up punching me"
"Did he hurt you??"


"Just a bit, put me in hospital for quite a while - the last thing I remember hearing was "You have got my wife pregnant,  you are going to pay for this!! - before he knocked me unconscious "
"Oh NO!!!"
"So, Evan is Lex's son and Kayla is my daughter.  They both have the same Mom."
"Did you love her - where is she??"
"No I didn't love her - it was just a crush and we don't have a clue where she is - after she had Kayla she just sneaked out in the middle of the night  and never came back, nobody has seen her or heard from her since"
"You don't think Lex did something to her do you?"
"I don't know - I have wandered that myself many a time!!"

"So how do Kayla and Evan not know who their parents are??"
"When Suzanna disappeared she left Lex with a toddler and a baby to look after - he couldn't cope, especially knowing that Kayla was my daughter - so he asked Mom and Dad for help!!"

"The only way they could help was to take the babies off us and raise them like they were their own children, but we were to hide the fact for thier sakes and from then on my parents were their parents and me and Lex thier brothers."

"How did you feel about that??"
"At first it suited me because, I was useless, I didn't have a clue what to do with a baby, but as she started to grow up it started to eat away at me, and lately I just have not coped with it well, moving in here and leaving her behind has nearly killed me!!"
"So why didnt you tell me??"
I didn't know how to and how you would take it and the less people that know the less likely it was to get out, I never wanted Kayla to find out the truth this way - too many people know already - I knew it would only be a matter of time!!!"
"Who else knows about this then?"
"Obviously my parents, Cory, Cassey, your parents"
"MY PARENTS!!!!!!!"

"WHAT THE HELL - do my parents have to do with this, I am your wife and your can't trust to tell me, but you can my parents - how does that work??"
"Its not like you think - there is more to this - just let me finish first before you start freaking!"
"OK - go on then"
"Me and Lex called a truce and Lex moved back in with us all and the two babies - Mom and Dad took over with  Kayla and Evan and me and Lex had to work on our relationship to make the farse work.  Everything was going ok till you happened"
"Well that is great!!"
"You have to admit it was a little wrong what you did - sleeping with Lex then moving onto me after.  Lex was very secretive about you - he did not tell anyone at first -- once bitten twice shy I suppose!!  By the time he had confided in Cory about you Kandice, I was already sleeping with you Candy and I made no secret off it.  Lex actually laughed and joked with me over you - because to him you are Kandice to me you are Candy.  Remember that day that Cory was here, he called me an idiot when he heard me call you Candy?"
"Yes I remember the day I gave you your clothes back"
"That.s when Cory put the pieces together and realized Kandice and Candy was the same person.  He went home and told Lex who had been fretting over why you had not phoned him.  He phoned me home remember, I never knew what hit me when I walked through the front door!!"
"You had another fight didn't you I heard that much"
"It was a bit more than a fight, after telling me what I had done and what I was he tried to kill me properly this time - hense all the scares you have never remarked about.  Your Mom had an emergency call out at the hospital - that night - that emergency was me  - and they didn't think I was likely to survive."
"Oh no what did I do"

"I was out of it for a while but apparently your dad came round the next day to find out if what had happened had anything to do with you.  My mom and dad were in a state and told him what had been going on with the help of Cory and your Dad then stepped into help, because he wanted to protect your reputation."
"How did he help?"
"He paid for Lex to go abroad, while they waited to see if I died, if I had he would have stayed abroad and never come back.  With Lex out the picture - and as far as everyone was concerned I  was jumped in a subway and nobody would question why he tried to kill his brother and nobody would get to you - because afterall you were partly the reason - the final straw!!"  
"You know when you kept phoning both of our phones and they were just being cut off - Cory had our phones,  me and Lex were silent because we could not contact you he was abroad and I was in hospital."
"Wow I never ......."

"The night I came out of the hospital, lex returned from abroad and your Dad came round with the letters - your timing was pretty good I must say!!  He was not happy I can tell you - he warned us both he wanted us to stay away from you - until he read the letters - it took us hours to sort it out."
"OMG - Please tell me my Dad did not read those letters!!"


"He did - I am sorry - our parents thought it needed sorting out properly!!"
OMG - I just wanna die!!"
"You don't trust me!!"

--------------------------------------
Chapter 19
--------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment