Wednesday 9 February 2011

Chapter 10 - Gen 3 - Kandice

I got up earlier than Chase so wandered down into the basement.  I looked at the relics I had found in the tombs while I was in China and it made me think of Shen.








I had a play at the bar and managed to make another unique drink which I called "Blue Chase"

I had quite a few hours before I had to go to work 







I bumped into Chase when I went back upstairs

"Come on Candy I need to go home, you have had your fun now where are my clothes."

Mom was talking to Grandma Faith on the phone - when all of a sudden a commotion broke out outside the front door.



"OH NO - NOT UNCLE TOMMIE!!"

I did not realise he had stayed over and was pretty shocked to find him outside dying on our doorstep!!





He died of starvation and now all that is left of him is a pile of ash.











NO this isnt fair not Uncle Tommie!!!
Why does this have to happen.

I felt sick, the Grim Reaper stood right by me and he smelt awful!!




At least he went gracefully!!

We all stood there not quite believing that this had just happened!!

I was really upset and went back to bed, I tried to sleep, but I couldn't so I got up again and went looking for Chase.




"Dad where is Chase?"
"I sent him home in a taxi - he was quite upset"
"Did you give him his clothes"
"No - we don't know where you have hidden them do we - how childish Kandice!!"


I went down into the basement - I needed a drink.  I knew how to make all sorts of mood drinks and there is one I wanted to try - a mood drink that was supposed to wash away all your sorrows - well it has not done a damn thing for me!!!

I am not really sure why suddenly I had the urge to go and buy a music box - must be a comfort thing.
I went to the consignment store to buy the music box that I wanted.

I was petty shocked to see victim number 3 standing there behind the counter talking to the cashier.

"Hey Cory"  I waved to him then started making my way round to the back of the counter.



"Whats up Kandice, you look upset"
"My Uncle just died "
"You look like you need a hug"


 He probably meant a friendly hug but I took my chance and hugged him amorously.

Before I knew I was kissing him and we were making out behind the counter for all the world to see.







"I'm sorry - I shouldn't have done that I feel like I've just taken advantage of your grief"
OMG - Where is the Cory I used to know the inappropriate, obnoxious git!!
"Its fine - it was my fault, I wanted to kiss you"
"Well, that's ok then!! - you fancy hanging out for a bit and I'll try and take your mind off your Uncle."


"Sorry Cory I have to work - but maybe after work - I fancy going to a club - you want to meet me there - say 10pm."
"Yeah cool - which one"
"The vampire lounge if thats ok with you"
"Yeah cool - 10 pm it is then"


 I kissed him again before I left him and went home to get ready for work.

It was only when I got half way home that I realised that I had not brought the music box that I had gone there for in the first place.  Bumping into Cory there had totally thrown me.




But - hey - I did it Ive kissed all three of them and there has been no trouble - YET!!!  I still have the fact playing in the back of my mind that Chase had told me that he loved me.  I am sure he is not going to just leave it there.  I had promised to phone Lex again and Cory, well who knows what is going to happen later when I meet Cory at the club!!  I must not forget Shen - but then again, he has not bothered to phone me has he - I bet I am just one of a number of travellers that he spends all afternoon making out with - if he thought anything of me, surely he would have phoned me by now!!  I have feelings for four blokes - what the hell am I going to do about that now!!!



I had took clothes to work with me to change into, so as soon as my shift was over I changed and headed to the Vampire lounge.  I phoned Cory to make sure he was still meeting me there and he was already there waiting.





 "Cory what on earth are you wearing"
"Clothes"
"You do realise they are not going to let you in dressed like that don't you!!"
"What's wrong with what I am wearing?"
"You need formal dress to get into this place, and all you are wearing is swimming trunks."
"I don't have any formal clothes - can't afford any"
I looked at his chest - wow - he has an even better body than Lex's, then I spotted his tatoo's.
"You have the same tatoo's as Lex"
"How would  you know - when did you see Lex's tatoo's??"
Oops that was a stupid mistake for me to make!!!
"Eeerr can't remember - come on lets get in the elevator, we can try and see if they will let you in"
Elevator - mmmmmm - I suddenly had a naught idea pop into my head


I wander what it would be like to wahoo in the elevator with Cory??

As the elevator doors started shutting I wrapped my arms round Cory.

"What in gods name do you think you are playing at Kandice??"

Ooops!!


Before I could say anything Cory pushed me out of the elevator and I ended up flat on my backside.  I quickly picked myself up to see a crowd of people waiting for the elevator staring at me with disbelieving eyes.

Oh the shame!!!!

I knew at some point during this 3 kiss thing I would end up flat on my face - flat on my backside is close enough!!!

I was so ashamed, being watched by all these people, I couldnt look up I kept my eyes down and tried to shuffle away, I wished the floor would open up and swallow me away from the glare of all those disapproving faces stood in front of me!!  OMG - is my Dad going to find out about this??!!





Thankfully the elevator doors opened, empty so Cory must have carried on up alone.  The crowd shuffled past me into the elevator and I was left alone in the foyer with only one other person.

When I looked up at him I was surprised of all people to be standing there watching me make a right fool of myself - Shane Leon.

Oh god, I remember when I was a child having a mad crush on Shane, Kians mate.

"Kandice is that you?"
I should deny it and run
"Yes, Shane its me"
"I recognised you by your hair, my, you have grown up into a beautiful young lady"
Oh god dont you start I thought to myself.
"Thanks Shane"
"Are you going up or just coming out?"
"Im just heading home" I said to him, maybe he had not seen me flying out of the elevator before.
"Thats a shame - maybe I will see you here another time and I can buy you a drink"
"Yeah that would be nice!!"


The elevator door opened.  Shane stepped in as Cory stepped out.
Cory stolled to where I was standing.
"I'm sorry Kandice"
I didn't say anything I just cried on his shoulder for a while.






Then he started kissing me - this suddenly felt all wrong!!

"Cory I need to go home"

"OK - I'll take you"








It was early morning and the sun was just starting to come up.

 I was really shocked to see Chace standing on the front garden looking very upset and still wearing that towel.

"Candy I don't feel well at all - I think there is something wrong!!"




"CANDY!!  This is Candy???"  Cory shouted at Chase
"Yes, who else did you think I was on about"
"OMG Chase you are an IDIOT!!!!"
"What???!!!"
"IDIOT!!"  Cory said then walked out the front door.




Chase started moaning then I realised what was happening to him, he was changing into a vampire.











I just stood and watched and waited until it was all over.










"Chase are you ok?"
"I think so what happened?"
"You have just changed into a vampire"
"I feel strange"
"You will do for a while - you will get used to how you are feeling"   I said
"Chase - why are you still wearing that towel??"
"You have my clothes remember"
"You have been home haven't you"
"Yes"


"You have clothes at home"
"No - they are the only clothes I have, we can't afford any more"
OMG - what have I done to him!!!
"Chase I am so sorry - if I had known!!"
"Its ok Candy can I please just have my clothes back now!!"
"Come upstairs - they in my room"




This was becoming a habit and I did not know how to break it!!

I went downstairs to get plasma juice and Chases phone rang.

"Candy I have to go - Lex wants me home for something"
"I have to work soon anyway" I told him


"Heeeey whats wrong you look upset"
"I'm ok"
"No your not Candy what is it"
"Nothing I am fine"
"Is it still your Uncle"
"Yes its my Uncle" I lied.
"Do you want me to stay till you go to work?"
"No you go - I will be fine, phone me tommorrow" 
"OK - I love you" he said and he left.

Any time now everything was going to blow up in my face - I could see the signs - its coming - now all I could do was wait!!!!  Cory and Lex have obviously spoken by now and I can see that the minute Chase got home he would be hit with a bomb shell.


-------------------------------------
Chapter 11
------------------------------------

I was having absolutes hysterics when Chase turned up on the doorstep still wearing the towel.  I couldn't believe my eyes!!!  I am also really kicking myself for not being quick enough to get a picture of Kandice being thrown out of the elevator and landing on her backside - i was too busy laughing again!!!


3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! Kandice is such a troublemaker! I can not wait to see how this all turns out. Haha...Chase is still in the towel! Good grief. I feel bad for his family. It makes me want to build them a bigger house with dressers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least one of the brothers isn't quite as easy! haha! I wonder what is going to happen when the brothers get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy, she is in BIG trouble. I'm not sure if ANY of them will want her when they figure things out. I hope my wishacy is this full of drama. How absolutely fun!

    ReplyDelete