Friday 18 March 2011

Chapter 9 - Gen 5 - Mason

The baby is due any time now, we have both read these pregnancy books from cover to cover already, but the waiting seems to be going on forever!!  I got another promotion today - I have now made level 8 and am a Lead Reporter.  I can not believe that my Life Time Wish is only two promotions away already!!!
























Finally the time arrives - in the middle of the night Scarlet woke me up screaming in agony



It took my sleepy head a few minutes to register what was happening - that's when I started panicking which really did not help Scarlet very much!!!  But I managed to pull myself together enough to take her to the hospital.

 Hours later, it was only hours but it felt like weeks, we walked out of the hospital with a baby boy.  We have called the baby Nial and he is Athletic and Artistic.


 It still has not sunk in properly for me yet I don't think - I am a Dad!!!


I decided to write a Romance Novel.  I did write a book when I was a child that was actually published but it has been so long ago now, I can not even remember what the book was called!!!!  Writing the novel gave me something constructive to do while I stayed within earshot of Nial, waiting for the second that he cries and needs something - I was pretty nervous about having a new born baby in the house!!

We have a sort of rota going - while Nial is such a tiny baby we don't go out together one of us always stays in to look after Nial, neither of us feel safe enough to leave him with a baby sitter just yet!!  

My agent thought he would take advantage of my good mood and sent me off to the Bridgemore Dance club to do a 3 hour dancing promotional job.  I warned him while I was in such a good mood I would do it but no more bar work this month - I had meant what I had said before!!!

The Bridgemore I had never been to before and was surprised  that the place seemed to be divided in half with two dance floors, two bars one half for celebrities and the other half for none celebrities.  So I spent my time split between the two.


When I went over into the celebrity part of the club, I spotted Keeley Swan who is my cousin.  I am already pretty good friends with Keeley - she is so different to her sister Kandice.  She made a great dancefloor parter and the three hours of dancing I had to do passed in a breeze!!

 I had a quick drink before I went home, but the mixologist was not much cop and the drink tasted awful!!!


 We actually had a pretty good night with Nial, I played with him when I got back from the Bridgemore and gave him a feed, and he never woke up again then till the next morning, so we did not get a sleepless night.


Since Nial has been born I feel like my life has suddenly gotten busy, too busy, I always seem to have something to do outside of home when I would rather be at home spending time with my wife and son.  Another day at work a head of me - and a big project that work want me to get into - photojournalism.


To do photojournalism obviously I need a camera.  After work I head off to the consignment store because as far as I know the only place I have a chance of getting a camera in Riverview is from a consigment merchant - which is basically a second hand store.  If I want a brand new camera I have to travel abroad to buy one - how stupid!!
As usual I found Juana Swan behind the till she did not have any cameras in at the moment, but something caught my eye that was a little intriguing, something I had never seen before a lump of Woohooism rock.  It was pretty expensive, but I was too intrigued not to buy it!! 


But all is not lost just yet, there is another consigment merchant in the local hotel.  This is where another one of my second cousins work - Jasmine Swan and luckily she does have a camera, not a very good one, but its a camera it will do the job for now!!

A few autographs later I made my way home to play with the camera.
And my adventures with my camera and having the ability to do photojournalism got me a promotion to Editor in Chief, which is level 9 - just one more promotion to go!!!

I smelt his dirty nappy as soon as I walked throught the front door - YUK!!
It will not be long before Nial has his birthday - this I am really excited about!!

I have never shown you this have I - I actually keep forgetting it is there now after I went to all the awkward trouble of having it built.  In the garage there is now a staircase that leads down into a small basement.  The basement is underneath the garage and under the garden not under the house.  I built it to store the nectar I collected in China and France and for that nectar making machine that I brought back from France.  One day I hope to get to grips with that machine and start making my own nectar



Nial had a pretty restless night and we were up and down like yo-yo's.

We gave up on sleep, and found something else to keep us busy till the morning.
Scarlet started off again about having another baby.  I still want a girl so I am not even going to argue with her, she will only drive me mad until I give in anyway!!


Nial had his birthday today.
He has white eyes - this can only come from my Mom
He has Scarlets hair colouring
and his skin is somewhere in between hers and mine

Nial mastered the xylophone pretty quickly

 I am now trying to teach him to talk and have brought a potty ready for his potty training.
He is being a little stubburn - he keeps just sitting there looking at me shaking his head.  I hope there is nothing wrong with him - because at the moment he really does not want to learn how to talk!!


Scarlet has started throwing up again quite regularly so hopefully Nial will be getting a little brother or sister soon!!

But she has something else going on in her life at the moment.  I knew she would not escape it forever, and I am really surprised that it has taken this long.  Scarlet is now a three star celebrity and is getting plenty of hassle from her agent.  The agency work gets her out and about and stops her from getting stir crazy.  She is doing a job tonight but with her sickness I really think she should have stayed home instead!!

----------------------------------

My agent has given me a job to go to the vampire lounge and order a drink from the bar.
All this celebrity stuff is all pretty new to me and it am finding it harder to adjust to than becoming and vampire and becoming a mother - Mason does it all so naturally, but I am really struggling with it!!!
I even make a fool of myself begging the doorman to let me in - he just laughed at me and said, no need to grovel Scarlet I know who you are I would have let you go straight in anyway.

Mason said I should not have come out tonight - now I wished I had listened to him, here comes another wave of sickness, and I really need to find a toilet before I make a total fool of myself in public.

Thankfully I found it just in time, but I really need to get a move on and order that drink and just go home, I might not be so lucky next time!!!  The hardest part of this celebrity stuff is knowing that every single thing I do in public, somebody will be watching - give them the slightest thing to write about and they will.  Mason had  made me laugh when he said "Don't even pick your nose in public, because the next day it will become front page news"  I thought he was kidding me at the time, but after keeping a close eye on what news and gossip is making it into the local newspaper - I now know he was not kidding!!!!

Waiting patiently at the bar to get served, this place was heaving tonight.  There was a man standing not far from me - he was pretty cute - but what ever possesses him to dress in that way?  Does he realise he is only wearing boxer shorts - did he forget to put his trousers on before he came out??

I did not realise it at the time but the cute man - is actually my brother in law - Marco Swan!!

Something else Mason warned me about drinking this drink.  "Pomegranate Passion".  He told me the story that his brother Miickey had told him so Mason said don't drink it and if I did to come straight home.  But as I am 99% certain I am pregnant and I already think there is a cute looking guy standing not too far from me, I am not going to drink it.  Ill just sit here for a while looking like I intend to then slope off home.

-------------------------------------

When I got home from work Scarlet told me she was definately pregnant
Our second baby is on the way!!!


------------------------
-----------------------

The Bridgemore club is a little glitchy in my game.  I was wandering while Mason was there why he had not changed into his formal wear like he should be wearing at this place.  I was having hysterics when he walked out of the club then span into his formal wear to go home in!!!
-----
It amazes me with vampires  and the photography skill.  Did you know that a vampire can pick up a camera  take ONE photograph - and that one photo masters the photography skill!!!!  They go from level 0 to level 10 with one photo!!!!
------
And here we go again!!!  Scarlet is a little more fascinated in Marco  than she should  be - THANKFULLY I don't have to fulfil her wishes. :)

2 comments:

  1. hehe, she will fit right in with being a swan! I have read back the last few chapters, nial is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nial is very cute! It sounds about right, Scarlet having wandering eyes... LOL, like you said, at least you don't have to fulfill her wishes!

    ReplyDelete