Monday 14 March 2011

Chapter 1 - Gen 5 - Mason


Mason Swan
Generation 5

Traits
Loves the Outdoors
Hopeless Romantic
Good Sense of Humour
Athletic
Virtuoso

LTW
Star News Anchor



 I was pretty surprised when my parents sat me down and told me that they had chosen me as the heir to the next generation of the Swan family, as all past heirs of the Riverview Swan family have been female - I am the first male heir.

My responsibilities being that I go out into the world - make a life for myself, achieve my lifetime wish and have a family of my own that will carry on the Swan family into another generation.
My Mom Kayla was the 4th generation heir only by "default" as she puts it.  She was not born a Swan, she became a Swan when her Dad married Kandice the 3rd generation heir, and although only a Swan by marriage she only became illegible as a possible Swan heir because of her marriage to my Dad, Anton Swan who is actually a second generation Swan.   
My parents gave me two things - the first being this book.  This book being very important and part of my responsibility - I am to document my life for future generations - this book I am to guard with my life and pass onto one of my children, the next generation heir of the Swan family.   And to say this book makes for interesting reading is an understatement - reading back from the very beginning past heirs have had a story or two to tell.  I just hope my life will be as interesting but maybe not as colourful as some have been!!  The title of this book - "You get what you wish for ...." by Faith Swan.  And like you don't really need a history lesson, but I will give you one anyway - Faith Swan the founder of the Swan family in Riverview, and the seventh generation of the Wishacy Bay Swan's.  Faith  is my Grandmother on my Dads side and my Step - Great - Great - Great Grandmother on my Mothers side. Faith is still alive and walking round this town today, because she is a vampire like all of us Swan's, although now she is quite elderly and coming close to the end of her days.


The second thing my parents gave me was this house.

Yes I know!!!! - that is why I am standing here staring at it myself.  
Whatever possessed them to buy me such a big house??!!  Probably to make sure I will never have to worry about having the space to raise a large family, which is now expected of me.

The first thing I thought was the bills - I am never going to be able to afford the bills.  The bills, I will never have to worry about - another perk of being the heir to the Swan family - I will never have to pay any bills on this house, because my parents will be paying them for me. 
All I have to do is keep up with Swan tradition and carry on the line.  I use the term tradition losely because there are some genes in the Swan line that I really hope I have not inherited which brings me back to the colourful lives that some of my Swan descendants have lived.  Marriage and commitment seem to be two things that do not bind together very well with most Swans, I really hope I have not inherited that genetic flaw!!

My Grandad Chase and both of my parents are famous Rock Stars, and even though music plays a huge part in my life, I never planned to follow in their footsteps.  I want to be a Star News Anchor and take a career in Journalism, don't ask me where that has come from or why, I don't know its just something I have always wanted to do since I was a child.  I suppose when I was a child watching my celebrity parents being hounded by Paparazzi was quite fascinating for me, but now I am grown up and a 5 star celebrity myself, the hounding Paparazzi are a big pain in life - but still I want to join them and become one.  My 5 star celebrity status I can here you asking - where does that come from??  Basically from being a Swan - I have done nothing to deserve it or even want it!!  Swan babies are born with Stars - its not what you know its who you know and as most Swan's now reach 5 star status by the time they become young adults, just from association - unfortunately it is something we have no choice but to live with.

I think choosing a career in Journalism just about sums me up really - because none of my traits are actually geared towards this career path.  In fact, none of my traits actually impress me very much, I could quite easily get through life without them.  I love the outdoors - totally wasted on a vampire!!!  I hardly go outdoors - so that's a waste!   I am Virtuoso - not really needed, only for amusement, and as far as I am concerned it is just a natural talent that most of our family inherit. I am  Athletic - yeah, I have got the trait, but to be honest, once I mastered the skill, after that it kind of bores me, I don't go out of my way to do athletic activities like I should.  I am a Hopeless Romatic - mmmmm - I have never even been kissed, not once have I even thought about relationships, love, girls - there has been none of that!!  Maybe as I get older I might change, but at the moment romance is the last thing on my mind!!!!  Which brings me to my last trait - a Good Sense of Humour.  This is probably the only one of my traits that I can relate to.  I would much rather go through life having a sense of humour than not having one!!   This trait helped me cause quite a bit of mischief when I was younger - my brother Marco has No Sense of Humour - so our personalities clashed, and he was sooooo easy to wind up I used to do it just for fun!!!

I just hope I am up to this responsibility that my parents have given me!!!

--------------------

So, I suppose you are dying to have a nosey round my new house!!
Follow me and I will give you a guided tour.

My new home.


The livingroom and kitchen are one big through room
The Living room



The Kitchen
























A bit of a waste for a vampire.

























The door in the kitchen leads out into the garage
not that I have a car to put in it!!!


The downstairs bathroom





The small Laundry Room
In between the bathroom and the kitchen



The Hallway


 and the best part of the downstairs
An Indoor Swimming Pool



 On the Second Floor of the house there are only three rooms that I want to show you because, two of the bedrooms are unfornished.  A nice thing about all four bedrooms is they have an outside balcony, but I will only be using those at night.

Bedroom 1
a little too pink for my liking!!!



Bedroom 2
The room that I will be using for now



The upstairs bathroom


The third floor Attic
This house does not have a basement (yet)
Instead it has an attic in the roof.


The attic is empty at the moment besdes an easel, but I am sure I will soon find a use for it!!


and that's about it really - there is not much else to show you.
--------------------------------

Now onto my life ..................

------------------------------
Chapter 2
------------------------------

I would like a little feedback - I have change the width of my blog so as I can place larger pictures.  I feel sometimes the pictures are never clear enough.  Now I am wandering if these are too large and if the picture quality is not a little blurry - could be just my eyes :S.

5 comments:

  1. I think the pictures quality is good enough :D I also have to say that their house is amazing, nicely built! Mason seems like an interesting fellow, fingers crossed that he succeed in becoming a star news anchor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures look good to me. I can't wait to see what Mason get into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the picture quality is fine! I love the new house, its gorgeous. A good introduction, I think Mason will be fun to read about :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the picture size is fine.

    I am looking forward to seeing what Mason does. Never been kissed...hmmm....hopefully he finds love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice house! I like Mason, I'm wondering how far into the drama he will find himself!

    ReplyDelete