Thursday 3 March 2011

Chapter 3 - Gen 4 - Kayla

Now you know I have the neurotic trait don't you, well I am even beginning to wander about myself lately, my behaviour had become a little OTT (over the top!!)

Standing and sniffing the clean washing coming out of the dryer is a pretty normal thing, but not sniffing for over half an hour - that is too much and that is what I keep doing!!


Opening and shutting the fridge door about 20 times for absolutely no reason at all other than I think there maybe something wrong with the fridge door.

Anton has had to reasure me plenty of times that the fridge door is perfectly fine, before I stop.

"Am I going mad??"



"Will you stop stressing, you are acting oddly because you are probably nervous about the baby coming!!"
"I suppose"
Anton bend down and told the baby to hurry up and come out before I turned myself into a fruitcake!!  Charming!!

Washing my hands.  I want to wash my hands - not once like a normal person - I want to wash my hands three times.

Washing my hands once is not enough to get them clean, I have to wash them three times, before I am happy.





Yes, I am brushing my teeth.  

But this is not the first time I have just brushed them, this is the fourth time and I need to brush them four times before I will be happy that they are clean enough.

Which reminds me - I really need to check those taps, if ever they leaked they would flood the house out!!

I feel like I am going mad!!!!

I start turning the taps on and off on and off for ages  - the tap has just sprung a leak and there is water going everywhere.

"Anton the taps need ....... AAAAAAAWWWWW"

That hurt - a sharp pain tore accross my tummy.
 "OOOOUUUCCCHHHH"
I think the baby is coming!!!!


OMG the kitchen is going to flood and the baby is coming

"ANTONNNNN"
Where is he???!!!!











Anton came rushing into the kitchen
"What is all the yelling about?"

"The baby is coming"

"OOOhhhhhhhh"  The last thing I need is for Anton to start freaking out
"OMG - what do I do now?"

"Take me to the hospital!"


Outside the hospital we bumped into Samir.  Oh dear, I missed him!!

I had to stand and stare at him, he had changed a little, he had a different hairstyle, and he looked older somehow, maybe he has had a birthday.

"Come on Kayla, wake up, we need to get inside"





 I looked over my shoulder at him as I walked into the hospital.

He had a look on his face I had seen before.  If it had not been for another strong pain I would probably have gone over and hugged him.


Quite a few hours later we came out of the hospital with the little boy that I wanted.  Anton would get his little girl another time.

He was automatically given two traits when he was born, Virtuoso and Athletic.

We decided to call the baby Mason.



















Poor Anton was a little overwhelmed by the birth of his son.  He had been very quiet on the journey home, he never took his eyes off Mason once.

One minute he was excited the next minute he was crying.
"You can pick him up you know, he won't break" I laughed at him
"I know I am just scared I might drop him"



After letting him have a little cuddle I reminded him that the kitchen tap was broken and the kitchen was probably flooded out by now.  The broken tap had played on my mind all through the labour and birth!!




Of course the kitchen was not completely flooded out like I expected it to be but it was still bad enough!!













 So Anton battled through the jets of water and finally managed to stop the leak and fix the tap.






It took us ages to mop up the huge puddle even with the two of us doing it.

Crisis over - I could now relax  sometimes I hate being neurotic!!








Once Anton got into the swing of thing, I did not get a look in with Mason.  Anton was there everytime he made the slightest noise.









At first it was nice for me to get the rest I needed as I was shattered



























We put one of the cribs upstairs in our bedroom we really did not feel comfortable about leaving the baby downstairs while we were sleeping upstairs











Everytime Mason cried in the night, we both dived out of bed. but Anton is always the first one there to sort him out.

He doesn't even get ratty with the interrupted sleep and sleepless nights like I do.





So most of the time I just went back to sleep and let Anton sort the feeding and dirty nappies out - it was great!!











To be honest, I don't know how Anton is managing it - I am getting a lot more sleep than he is and he is up before me sorting out Mason in the morning. feeding him, changing his nappy and taking him downstairs to put him in the crib in the nursery.






He already wants another baby - he is just going to have to wait a while, I haven't got used to the one we have yet let alone even thought about having any more!!!!


Occasionally I do managed to get near him to attend to him when he is crying, but it is not very often!!











I swear Anton is obsessed!!!  He never leaves Mason alone for a minute longer than he has to!!

He is talking to his step-dad Toby on the phone and all the time Mason is happy gurgling away - there is definately no fear of Mason being socially neglected!!!



















In no time at all and Masons birthday rolls round..  He has my hair and Anton's eyes.









----------------------------
Chapter 4
----------------------------

I laughed so much playing this part of my game first was Kayla's OTT neurotic behaviour then Antons baby obssession!!!.  I have played loads of neurotic sims before it being probably my favourite trait - but I have never seen anything like this before.  She litterally keeps wishing to check the sink 3 times, brush her teeth 4 times, wash her hands 3 times - its mad.  I am not sure if the fridge and the washing was a bit of glitch - but i have never laughed so much watching her open and close the door - then open and close it again - she did this about 20 times and she was not going in for food or anything - so wierd!!
I have never seen a sim, especially a male sim so obsessed with a baby before either!!!.  Kayla has seriously hardly touched the baby Anton has basically stalked the crib and every sound Mason was out.  He walked around with the baby, watched tv, anything he could do holding the baby he did.  Normally the babies live in the cot till they cry - not this one!!  Before Mason aged up to a toddler Anton and Mason were already best mates!!  Literally the second time he picked the baby up he rolled the wish for another one - i am glad he is not the heir we would have half a dozen babies by now!!!




3 comments:

  1. Poor Kayla, she is probably going mad doing all that stuff all the time. I wonder if it really was intensified by the pregnancy. Hmm....you should see if there is a difference now that she is not pregnant. Mason is such a doll with his red hair and amber eyes. I love the name Mason too....sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lol! I love kayla, so funny! Cant believe she bumped into samir at the hospital, he looked so sad. I love the name Mason too....my son is Mason! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason is a cutie! And how cute it it that Anton loves his little boy so much. I wonder how many kids they will end up having?

    ReplyDelete