Thursday 3 March 2011

Chapter 2 - Gen 4 - Kayla

It is great to finally have our own space, even if a lot of it is badly in need of redecorating.

It is quite a nice sized house, there are five bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, downstairs there is a livingroom, kitchen, diningroom, bathroom, nursery and a garage for my car, which of course I brought with me.

There is also something every vampire needs - a basement!!  The basements isn't a very large one but it will be big enough for us.


What a waste of space!!!  When I was a human child I would have died to have had a kitchen like this!!  Now being a vampire all we really need is a fridge, unfortunately this kitchen will not be used too often.

Black is my favourite colour so this black and white kitchen I quite like!!


The dining room is cold and bare and horrid!!!  And those chairs are just awful!!

I think this is one of the first rooms we will have to tackle!!









The nursery would be  pretty cute, if it was not all in pink.  This needs a colour change something neutral I think.







The downstairs bathroom is all in blue.









There is only really one room upstairs I can show you because all of the other rooms are bare and empty.

This is our bedroom






Anton stuck to his words and he brought his Dad's gravestone with him to our new house.

It now sits under the kitchen window in a nice little planted part of the garden.






It is nice that we work together and we are both on the same level at work.  We both work at the music theatre and are both Lead Guitarists, so we have exactly the same work hours and are together 24/7 at the moment.






Music is our life. For Anton moreso, as he tends to spend every spare minute he has bashing one musical instrument or the other.  It did not take him long to install a keyboard, drum kit, guitar and bass in the basement, and I should imagine this is where we will be spending most of our future time.




Anton can be such a nag, his constant topic of conversation is either music or  baby talk.  He really wants a baby and I get the feeling he will keep on till he gets one.












So we are now trying for a baby, because I actually like the idea of having a baby myself.







I decided I wanted to learn the painting skill, I am really surprised that I have gone this far through my life without never picking up a paintbrush before or even wanting to paint.  Now I have started I can not stop.  Being a vampire I had the skill mastered within a few hours and now my mission is to start decorating the house with my paintings, once I start producing ones that are worth putting on the wall that is!!


As Anton is now camped out in the basement most of the time with his musical instruments I decided to put an easel down in the basement, so we can spend time together doing what we enjoy doing.  He is happy with his music and I am happy with my painting.





I can not believe how clean and tidy this house is staying.  Not like at Dads house hundreds of plasma cartons everywhere.  Even though neither of us have a neat trait we are both tidying up after ourselves all the time.

I am actually enjoying doing the house work, especially the laundry



It was while I was doing the laundry that I came over with a sudden bout of sickness, at first I did not think much of it but, when it passed and returned again I was beginning to wander if our baby making had worked.






"Why are you watching the cooking channel Anton"
"I thought I might try something new, I quite fancy the idea of learning the cooking skill"
"What is the point of learning how to cook when we never eat food"
"You never know it might come in handy one day!"

Strange that he wants to learn the cooking skill - but if it keeps him happy why not!!

I did think about telling him I might be pregnant, but then thought better of it, I would only set him off again -  mension babies and he would be dragging me off upstairs again and I know exactly what he will say - "come on lets try again, just to make sure!!"  I would wait and tell him when I knew for definate.

Besides I am throwing up again, so I really don't think we need to try again!!!


Later that day it was confirmed that our baby making had worked - I was pregnant.

Stroking my tummy I could not believe that there was a little baby growing in there.  I could not wait to see the look on Anton's face when I tell him.



I found him in his usual place down in the basement playing the Bass.

"Take a break for a minute - I need to talk to you about something"
"Why whats up?" he looked worried
"I'm pregnant"
"REALLY??"
"Yes"




I think he was more excited about this baby than I was - jumping around like an excited child punching the air, he looks so cute when he gets excited.


That was it then, Anton never left me alone for a minute, fussing and massaging my back every time he thought I had backache.  Everytime I turned around he was there wanting to feel my tummy, listen or talk to the baby bump.




Anton wants a little girl, but I want a boy.  I am not going to run off and start eating this that and the other to try and help with the sex of the baby.  I am sure this won't be the only baby we will have if Anton's actions so far are anything to go by I don't think he will be happy until we have filled the house up with children.

So this baby is going to be left to nature and whatever comes comes.
While Anton went off to work, I had to stay at home being on maternity leave.

I wanted to read a pregnancy book so decided to pop to the bookstore to buy some.  While I was there I bought two copies of all the guitar song books, so we could both learn some new guitar songs, no doubt it would come in handy for work and it would give me something to do while I was on maternity leave.

Anton wanted to read a pregnancy book as well, so we both sat and read about all the wanders of childbirth - that I am really not looking forward to!!








I made a start on doing some redecorating, the babies room now looks a little more neutral, no pink and no blue, so it does not matter what sex the baby is the nursery is fit for either a boy or a girl.



The dining room has had a mini makeover too.  Some carpet and curtains, I got rid of those horrid chairs and changed them for nicer ones, a few plants and the room looks a lot better than it did.








Anton seems very fidgety and he is trying to do too much at the moment.   As well as work and fussing over me, he is trying to learn the cooking skill and the handiness skill.  The cooking so far has only meant him reading books and watching the cooking channel, but the handiness skill has him tinkering around with things, at the moment he is upgrading all the sinks.  I have a sneaky feeling that he is having some sort of midlife crisis as his mature adult birthday is only a day away, either that or he is sick of watching me and my neurotic behaviours, checking the stove and the fireplace and the sinks all the time.  Maybe he thinks if he upgrades them it will stop me worrying so much.



 Anton is constantly on his cell phone.  If he is not phoning someone, his phone is always ringing, it never stops!!!

On such a phone call I found out that Kandice has had another set of twin girls, Chrystal and Kiesha my new half  sisters are called.  I noticed Dad still has not got that boy that he wanted!!!!




Anton had his birthday today, in quite an unusual way.  He was on his way home from work when it happened.  He had to get out of the carpool that was bringing him home and he aged up right there on the street.





He rushed in to look at his new birthday face in the bathroom mirror.

He does not really look any different other than a few new wrinkles.

Being a vampire he now has 105 years to wait for his next birthday, when he becomes elderly.



Feeling my tummy for probably the hundredth time.

"How much longer do we have to wait"
"Not long now" I told him
He is getting very impatient!!
and so am I!!!!





------------------------
Chapter 3
--------------------------





5 comments:

  1. Loved it! I hope they have pretty red haired baby girls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green nursery, very cute! I laughed at Anton studying cooking too, very odd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you included the house needing a makeover in the story! I'm excited about the new baby! Wow, Anton is an elder already! Good thing elder males can still reproduce! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no Anton is now a mature adult
    he will become an elderly in 105 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their new house is very cute! I can't wait to see what their baby looks like. I can't believe Kandice and Chase had MORE girls! Poor Chase...

    ReplyDelete