Thursday 10 March 2011

Chapter 4 - Finding the Future


"Chase you have a visitor"
"Who is it love?"
"I don't know she said she is a friend of yours"

I felt sick when I walked into the hallway to see Kandice standing there, what the hell was she doing here??  Then I panicked.
"What's wrong, the kids, there is nothing wrong is there??"
"No Chase they are fine!"
"So What the hell are you doing here?"
"I came to take you home, I thought you might have come to your senses by now!!"

"ARE YOU MAD??!!"


"No, I love you and I know you still love me, you need to come home Chase please!!"  I could not believe what I was hearing.
"This is my home now Kandice, I don't love you anymore, its over, we are finished, we are divorced and you need to forget it and move on"
"But I can't, I need you to come home"  



I could see the tears streaming down her face and the look in her eyes, it was like she had gone mad!!

"Well I couldn't even if I wanted to I am married to Suzie now, but I don't want to Kandice - we are over - go home, you should never have come here!!!"

"Is he yours??"
"Yes we have 3 boys" 
"Well that's just great!!" she said angrily

"Chase, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"
Suzie shouted from the livingroom.





"Suzie, shes not exactly a friend this is Kandice"
"What, THE Kandice?"
"Yes"
"As in your ex-wife Kandice?"
"Yes"
Suzie looked pretty shocked.

I didn't see Lex walk in and I don't think Suzie had either.




Seeing Lex just made me really angry

"I knew it - I knew you couldnt be trusted to keep your big gob shut!!!!  Why did you bring Lex here??!!"

"He wants to see Evan"

"You STUPID - STUPID Idiot!!"






"Calm down Chase"
"Why should I you know what he has done in the past!!"
"It was obvious he was going to find out about you and HER, what else could I do - besides you hated it when SHE hid Charity from you, now you are hiding Evan from him - its not fair!!!
"And just what has it got to do with you now - nothing!!!"

"He is my frined and I hate seeing him hurt - and he is not like that anymore!!"
"Yeah right - more like you are jumping in and out of his bed again - aren't you Kandice!!!"
 "I am NOT actually, not that it has anything to do with you anymore - you have got a nerve!!"
"I know you Kandice and you come here pleading for me to go home - when you are probably diving in and out of SOMEBODIES bed right now!!



"Chase I am not hear to cause any trouble, I don't care any more about what you and Suzanna do with your lives, I just want to know where my son is!!"

"Don't take it out on Kandice  it was my idea to come here, once I found out where Evan was, and Chase, she is actually FOR ONCE behaving herself!!


"Yeah right and pigs might fly!!"

"Look Chase, I am sorry - ok - for everything I did to you in the past - I was wrong, especially the last time it was not your fault it was HERS" he said pointing at Kandice.

"I don't expect you to ever forgive me, but all I am asking for is to see Evan, I need to put things right between us - you know how horrible I have been to him because I have been taking everything out on him like I have been with you - I need to speak to him, even if it is just over the phone - please Chase, Suzanna - where is my son??"



Something has happened to Lex, I don't really know this Lex stood in front of me.  He is rational, he is talking not shouting and he is surprisingly not using his fists to get what he wants.

"I don't drink any more and I am not angry any more- all I want is to see Evan and try to make up for all the bad stuff I have said and done"



I could see Kandice and Suzie talking to each other, at first it looked pretty civilized then all of a sudden they started yelling and Kandice started slapping Suzie round the face.






































"Candy stop it - if you want to hit somebody hit me, not Suzie"
"Yes I should hit you - you have made a right mess of all of our lives - the kids ....."
"DON'T YOU DARE start using the kids against me!!"
"Oh its alright for you swanning of thousands of miles away and leaving them and I find you have more kids - while your kids at home are missing you and I am the one having to pick up the pieces - Leon has gone proper off the rails since you left - but you are not there to see the damage you have done ARE YOU!!!!"


"They know where I am and I know where they are - I speak to them all regularly and I KNOW Leon is struggling with what's happened and that's why he is come here to live with me"
"OH NO HE ISN'T - you are not taking my kids away from me as well"
"OH YES HE IS - its all arranged and maybe it is you who needs to communicate more with the kids because Leon is not coming alone, Lea is coming with him too - she says she has not seen you since we broke up - she is right under your nose suffering and you don't even know it - I bet you don't even know your own Dad is in pieces at the moment - you always have been tooo wrapped up in yourself, haven't you Kandice!!!!!"


"What Kandice wants, Kandice gets - WELL NOT ANY MORE!!!"
"Shut up Chase"
"Your nothing but a spoilt brat - Go home Kandice - I don't ever want to see you again - ever!!"







While me and Candy was fighting, Suzie and Lex were talking.  I even heard him apologising to her - now I knew there was a new Lex - the Lex I used to know.









"So Chase, when was I going to find out I had three new nephews and a grown up niece that I did not know about??"
"She has told you about Charity then!!"
"Yes"
"I am sorry Lex it has not been easy!!"






"Look please Chase, I think you can understand how I am feeling - I need to see Evan, my son - who you and Suzanna are hiding from me.  She hid Charity from you - you of all people should know how I am feeling.  I have to see him and I have to put things right between us"

"I'll phone him and see what he says but I can not promise anything"



Phoning Evan was pretty hard work, he took a lot of convincing to hear Lex out, and I still did not know if I was doing the right thing.

Eventually he agreed to meet Lex as long as I was there.






Sitting and talking to Lex properly for the first time in years was a pretty mad experience - it was like I was a teeneager again and he was the big brother I looked up to and all the years inbetween and all the bad stuff had never happened, it was like it had all been wiped away.

But of course we was talking about all the bad stuff that had happened in a civilized way.

"She has been in a mess since you left you know"  Lex said to me
"Well its her own fault, she did it to herself, I couldn't trust her anymore, you and Cory and god knows who else"
"You still love her don't you!"
"In a way, yes, but I don't like her anymore, I don't like the person she is and I could not live with it anymore"
"I told her not to come, I told her she was making a fool of herself, she was so convinced you would be pining for her and come home with us - best thing you could have done, had more kids with Suzanna, Kandice will have to come to terms with the fact you have gone and are never coming back!!.  I had to laugh earlier when you called her a spoilt brat I said exactly the same thing to her yesterday!!"



"And Suzanna?"
"What about Suzanna"
"Do you love her?"
"Of course!!!  more than I ever loved Kandice - you?"
"No not anymore, she's all yours!!" 
"You still love Candy don't you?"
"Unfortunately yes"
"Well good luck - she will make your life hell, but then you already know that!!"
"She is too wrapped up in you to even notice me anymore"


"Don't worry you know what she is like, she does not stay down for very long - just make sure you are there when she picks herself back up and you will be fine - but don't come crying to me when you find out she has been sleeping with Cory again!!"
"I think Cory has more sense than both of us too put together - he is steering well clear of the little minx, he has had his fun he didn't fall for her like we did!!"
"Well you won't have to worry about me - I will definately not be going there again - Ive been there and have the scares to remind myself to steer well clear of it!!"
"Sorry I should never have done that to you!!!!!!  Evan is coming isn't he?"
"He said after work"

----------------------------
Chapter 5
----------------------------

4 comments:

  1. I feel bad for Kandice in a way.....but she did bring it on herself. Chase had three more kids, wow, how many does he have now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such drama, such passion, such utter craziness! lol This is such a soap opera. lol I love it. I honestly don't feel sorry for any of them, they are all messed up in some crazy way. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah lex isnt what i expected at all! I was surprised to see him so calm. Makes me think he is up to no good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep., there's the drama I was expecting! :) I guess Kandice has some hard lessons to learn, she did bring a lot of this on herself.

    ReplyDelete