Tuesday 1 March 2011

Chapter 24 - Gen 3 - Kandice

Things might look cosy, but they are far from it.  This is the only time we can get close to each other, while we are sleeping, the rest of the time we are fighting like cat and dog.

Chase wants to break up - but I don't so at the moment things are staying as they are and we live in a war zone.



Suddenly we were woken from our sleep by screams, then shouting.

"Mom, Dad, come quick Laura has set the computer and bedroom on fire again!!"  Lea was screaming at us to get up





Everyone piled into the bedroom, which was well alight.  Chase, Leon and Anton all set about putting out the fire with fire extinguishers.

"I told her about messing with the computer last night"  Chase said angrily.





Everyone stood back while the three of them battled with putting out the fire.

It took them ages but they managed it.  Nobody had realised that Laura had actually been engulfed by the flames and was already gone.





"Where is she, where is Laura?" Chase shouted - he was mad at her for starting another fire

It was then that I smelt him - that's when I started to scream - the Grim Reaper was here somewhere - that could only mean one thing.





"Shut up Candy" Chase snapped "Its over the fire is out!!"
"Can't you smell him Chase, Laura, shes gone, hes come to take her away"


Everyone was just realising what had actually happened.  Laura had died in the fire that she started.








































Losing a child has to be the worst thing in the world.  This couldn't be right, she was so young, had not lived any of her life yet and it had been taken away from her already.

All the hurt and pain and anger built up in me and I needed somebody to blame.




"Its all your fault" I screamed at Chase
"and how do you work that out??"
"You knew the computer was broken in here you should have had it fixed"
"Well there was nothing stopping you from picking up the phone and calling the repair man either"

The grief and the anger made us both explode into a rage

We started to scream at each other hurling insult after insult
"STOP IT - STOP IT!!!!" Lacey was screaming at us.
"My sister is dead and you two just carry on arguing - This is not the time!!"

She was right we were taking it out on each other not thinking or caring about what we were doing to everyone else in the house.

Chase went off and cried himself to sleep, but he only had a short nap













It was a horrible day for all of us.












I had taken a shower to get rid of the smell of the smoke and put on my work clothes ready for later, not that I much felt like going to work.

Emotionally I am a lot stronger than Chase, so I found myself trying to cheer him up and comfort him more than once.




We needed to call a truce if we were ever going to get through the death of our daughter, and not just for our sakes but for everyone else in the house, the last thing they needed to see was us fighting and arguing.








What is wrong with me, I am tormented with anger, grief and guilt and all I wanted to do was wahoo!!!

Grief can make you do silly things, but I suppose we both needed something to cling onto for a while, even if it was inappropriate!!!







Maybe we have turned a corner, maybe we can make things work, I wish we could get back to were we were before all the cheating started.







Chase had really taken Laura's death harder than the rest of us.













We were comforting each other and had gone most of the day without exchanging a cross word.









Oops - now this really is not going to help!!!

Chase is not going to take the fact that I was pregnant quietly!!






I ran into the bathroom to throw up again and Chase was in there running a bath - so he heard me throwing up.

Forgetting his bath, by the time I got to my feet he was stood there staring at me.






"You have gone and done it now haven't you Candy?"
"Done what?"
"Your pregnant aren't you!!"
"Yes Chase I am"

He stood there for ages just staring at me blank expression on his face.







"I knew it!!  I just knew it!!"
"I am sorry Chase"
"Why did you have go and do this to us??"









he was really upset.
"How will I ever know if it is my baby or not??"
"We can get it tested - they can tell you at the hospital if the baby is yours or not"
"That is not the point you should never have put us into this situation in the first place"





"Now you leave me no choice do you!!"
"What do you mean?"
"I hope that baby IS NOT MINE so I can get out of here"
"Don't say that!!!"
"I mean it Kandice - the only way I will stay is if that baby is mine.  If it is Cory's then I am leaving - divorced or not I have had it with you!!"



 Boy he called me Kandice, he has not done that since we were kids!!!


"You say you won't break up with me so I am telling you this - we are finished, over, I have had it, I only stay here because of the children, and if that baby is mine then I will stay but only for the baby - you and me are through!!"



"If the baby is Cory's then I am walking out of here and if I have to stay married to you for the rest of my life then it will stay that way, but you will never see me again once I walk out that door!!"




"Apologizing and begging me to forgive you is not going to work Kandice"
"Please Chase this is stupid"
"No, just leave me alone, I don't even want to talk to you!!"







My mothers ghost made me jump - she was out in the daytime which was pretty unusual.
But I guess like everyone else she wanted a piece of me""
"I am very disappointed in you Kandice, you are making a right mess of your life and our family"


And chase meant what he said, he went off into his own little world, which I was no part of and we never spoke another word to each other until the day that the baby decided to put in an appearance.


The atmosphere in this house you could cut with a knife, it has already driven Lea to move out into her own place, she could not take the tension anymore.

Miserable and depressed, how can he do such a good job of totally blanking me all the time, even if I try to get under his feet he just calmly walks round me without even looking at me.  He is now only a few yards from me playing the drums and I am probably doing the stupidest of things I can do while I am pregnant, using the exercise equipment - anything to get a reaction from him - but nothing, normally he would have shouted at me but now it is like I dont even exist to him anymore, he pays more attention to the ghosts that are wandering around the house than he does to me!!!  He hasn't once tried to feel the baby bump or ask about the pregnancy - so unlike him, but I think he has convinced himself it is not his baby and he really can not wait to get out of here.


I knew it was stupid, this exercise machine, but did I just help bring the baby on early or is it time anyway??

Finally he reacts, Leon and Lacy start freaking out and after a few minutes Chase starts freaking out with them




"Chase you need to take me to the hospital"
"Phone Cory he can take you!!"
"Don't do this now Chase, you need to come with me if you want them to run the tests"
"Get Cory to take the tests"
"No I won't phone Cory if you want these tests doing then you come, if you don't come they don't get done its as simple as that"


I started to waddle towards the stairs, I would drive myself if I had too!!  But I did not need to because he was following behind.



--------------------------------
Chapter 25
--------------------------------

Chase and Kandice's relationship bar keeps going up and down - the master of seduction rewards is causing a problem.  Everytime Kandice approaches Chase - they interact without a problem and they start making friends again - but when Chase approaches Kandice, she goes balistic and they start fighting.  She has not wished to break up with Chase so - it carries on :(

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how frustrating. Maybe you should buy Chase master of seduction? Not sure if that would help or not. I can't wait to find out whose baby she is having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kandice is such a mess! I don't think she'll ever know what it is she wants! Ooooh, the suspense on who the baby daddy is is killing me! *clicks on next chapter*

    ReplyDelete