Wednesday 16 March 2011

Chapter 3 - Gen 5 - Mason

I am getting way to attached to this coffee machine, but while I was suffering from the affects of over exposing myself to too much sunlight, it was the only thing that was helping to keep me awake - now I am back to normal it has kind of become a habit.  A habit I am finding hard to break - the buzz of caffeine puts you on a high - but when that buzz wears off, the crash is horrible, so the best thing to do is drink another cup!

























Oh I didn't mension did I that I have had another promotion, I am now a Proffessional Blogger.  I have finished off my second artlicle about vampires and am now recieving $107 royalties a week from it.

























Well after my first failed attempt a few days ago, I decided to try again tonight to do that promotional work at the Dance Club - 3 hours of dancing, it felt alot easier to achieve tonight.  Nothing surprises me much anymore these days with my family and surprise surprise who is in the Dance Club tonight - my Mom, Dad and two brothers Mickey and Max, who have had their birthday and are now young adults.

I swear that woman has got the hump with me or something!!!  Tanisha has been acting really strange around me lately - we have not spoken for a while, but everywhere I go she appears, stands by staring at me - no camera, no scribbling in her pad, then as soon as I try to talk to her she turns round and walks away.  Does she have a problem or it just me imagining things???




I managed the 3 hours dancing, actually the time went by pretty quickly, me, Mickey and Max on the dance floor together giggling at each other's dancing.

My Dad even joined us on the dance floor at one point, now that was hysterical, but the dancing did not last long, it turned into chatting, which we spend doing for the rest of the night.  I had not planned to stay till closing time so was pretty surprised when we were booted out at 4am was it really that time already!!??

 The weekends are always the longest living alone.  I get sick of my own company sometimes and find the need to be out and about and doing things.  I don't have any skill books and I want to learn the Charisma skill and improve my handiness skill, so I made my way down to the library to do some reading.  For once I was left alone to do what I wanted without being disturbed.  As I had been out till 4am I had slept in past dinnertime it was late afternoon when I arrived at the library, so it was pretty deserted anyway.


I got a phonecall from my Step-Grandad Toby - he said he was feeling a little down - probably still upset from Grandma Faith passing away!!  He asked could I please create and name a drink after him to cheer him up.   Strange request!!   So I made my way home to play with the bar, which was out in the garden by the hot tub and had not paid any attention to it since I moved in.

I made a few horrible drinks before I created one that was quite nice.  As promised I named it after him.  He had asked me to go to him when it was done, so I went off to find him, he was supposed to be in the park, so I made my way over there.

 By the time I got to the park he had gone, I could not see him anywhere.  I got stopped then by a few people and ended up totally forgetting that I had come here to find Toby.  I bumped into my Moms Uncle and Aunty Cory and Susan.  A strange pair these two, ones a vampire, ones not, neither married and both still living together in the house they grew up in.  I have heard loads of rumours about Cory and my cousin Kandice, but I don't know how true they really are and I don't have the nerve to ask him!!



My agent phoned me to do some more promotional work to eat in the Little Bistro and then review it.  He doesn't care  I am a vampire and am not comforrtable with eating food, after lots of grumbling I agreed to go, just to shut him up!!  But it did not turn out so badly because I bumped into my sister Maizie hanging around so I got her to join me and we ate and chatted for a while.  I ended up having to send my food back twice, once for totally the wrong thing to what I had ordered, the second time because it was stone cold.  The waitress whispered to me I wouldn't be paying - I didn't care about the money, I actually wished now I had flately turned the job down the food was disgusting - not that I am that good a judge where food is concerned.  Then they had the nerve to ask me to recommend the restaurant to at least three people - that did not impress me at all - recommend this rubbish to people!!???


I was pretty surprised when I got home to find - no Tanisha but an unfamiliar person camped out in front of my house.  I wander where she is??  I wandered over to introduce myself and found out her name was Tracey Quezada.  I asked her where Tanisha was and she didn't know, she said she had been assigned to me now.  So I was right - Tanisha had been acting strangely lately.

Oh well, I may as well start as I mean to go on - and play my little games.  You see the last thing a pap expects is for them to be interviewed instead of doing the interviewing.  So when I pull out my pad and pen, the look on their face is priceless.   Not that I am going to write an article on them, its just the fun of it - they get a taste of it for a change, but I bet they get nervous wandering  if I am actually going to do it - write an article on them!!

I really need to break this habit!!!  I am becoming a caffiene freak!!!!
I was thinking while I was drinking, I have wanted to travel for a while, I just have not been able to decide where I wanted to go China, Egypt or France.
I have had another promotion, I am now an Anonymous Source Handler - which is level 5 - I am already half way to achieving my Life Time Wish!!!!!  Now would be a good time to take a little holiday I think.

I finally decided on China as it was the only option left really, I thought Egypt might be a little too much for a vampire it is supposed to be quite a hot and sunny place, France just did not stir any interest in me at all, so China it is!!


While I was looking on the boards I noticed a little hand written note asking for someone who was a little adventurous who could retrieve a relic from a tomb.  Doing a bit of tomb raiding sounded pretty interesting so I made a note of the address and went to seek out the woman who had placed the notice on the board - Chen Kim.


Chen gave me a map and a keystone to help me unlock the tomb then sent me on my way to the Hall of the Lost Army.  When I got there and first entered the tomb I found it a little eerie and had second thoughts about actually doing this task.  But I quickly realised that it was going to be pretty easy because the tomb by the looks of it had already been entered before and all of the doorways were open, floor switches glowing - basically the tomb had already been explored by somebody before me.


The only thing I actually had to do was to use the keystone to open the first door, after that it was just a case of walking through the tomb and taking in my suroundings.  There were no hidden doors to be found or puzzles to solve, they had already been done - which was a little disappointing really!!


The only thing I found were a few chests that had things in like gems and gold coins - nothing of any great value obviously all the good stuff had already been looted, which was making me wander if this relic that Chen had sent me in here to find was even going to be still in here!!

It actually took me less than half an hour to find what I was looking for, the relic surprisingly was still here - it was quite a plain looking vase and I could not really see what the fascination in it might be.  Taking the vase I retraced my steps and went back out of the tomb and off to find Chen to deliver the relic.


When I finally tracked her down, I found her in the market place, she was actually working as the food merchant.  While I was there I decided I wanted to do some shopping so I bought some fruit that I had never seen at home, don't know why its not like I would be eating it.  But she sold plasma fruit which I thought I had better stock up on, being in a strange place I was not too sure where I was getting plasma juice from.  I was a little embarrassed  when she said I could have all the stuff I had asked for for nothing - it was on her.  I thought at first it was because I had just done her a favour but was quick to realize it was because my fame had followed me - being a 5 star celebrity everyone was getting a little star struck!!  I naively thought I would only be a celebrity at home was pretty shocked that everyone knew who I was.
 

I wanted to see the terracotta army while I was here so I found out where it was and went over to see it.  I was pretty much regretting that I did not have a camera - maybe this would not be the only time I visited China, so next time I would have to make sure that I came better prepared.  I bet it would have looked a lot better in daylight too, but I had had to travel quite a way on foot, doing it  in the daytime it might be too risky for me!!


 Close by I noticed in a hill a pile of rocks with a set if stairs in it.  When I went down the stairs I found a fairly small square room with a few terracotta soldiers stood in it.  There was a keystone hole in the wall so I presume there was a tumb below, but I did not have a keystone for it so I wouldn't be able to find out.


There was an egyptian tourist also in the room with me.
 Don't even ask me why I did this because I really don't know I just did it.  Maybe I was hungry I am not really sure - but I bit him - fed from him and now I really wished I hadn't.

 When I got back to base camp I bumped into a woman on the steps.  Her name is Jihcan Rahotep and she lives in Egypt and like me is in China on holiday.  We started to chat and pretty quickly realised we had a lot in common and started to become friends.  We chatted for what seems like hours.


I was pretty surprised when she started flirting with me and I really was unsure of what to do.  I wasn't really attracted to her in that way and I honestly must say this is the first time that anyone had ever flirted with me and I felt unsure of what I should do next.  I really wished she hadn't done that because it was not what I wanted!!


I was happy when some other people staying at base camp came along, spotted me then started hasselling me for my autograph and photo's.  Saved by my fame - that has to be a first!!!!  While I was signing autographs and posing for pictures Jihcan carried on up the remaining steps and went inside.


It took me ages to actually fall asleep I was very troubled about what had happened with Jihcan earlier but mainly with myself.  I am supposed to be a  Hopeless Romantic - but why was I not interested in Romance yet???  I was beginning to wander if there was actually something wrong with me!!


Was I in for a shock the next morning when I got up.  Unusually for me after I had drank plasma juice I decided to turn on a small stereo I had spotted and started to work out.  I know I have the athletic trait but you will rarely see me actual working out.  It was then that it all started.


Publicly Disgraced - can you believe I had to come all the way to China to experience my first public disgrace, and unfortunately it wasn't rumour or someone spreading lies - it was true - Biting a sim in public.  The first thing I knew about it was from the paparazzi that were free to come in and out of base camp.

It started to become pretty stupid, when I turned round to see what all the booing was about I had three paparazi on my back taking pictures and making notes, booing and continually annoying me.  I had no privacy and nowhere to hide, they were free to roam about base camp - there was nothing I could do to avoid them.

I was surprised when my phone started ringing to find it was Jihcan that was calling me.  I asked her where she was and she said she was at the market place.  She was phoning me to warn me that everyone was talking about me in town, I was the only topic of conversation down there at the moment!!!

Great - just great!!!!!

 
------------------------------
Chapter 4
------------------------------


3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Mason naughty vampire no biting in public! I like Mason he's not obsessed with romance and babies. It's refreshing, lol. Although it would be really neat if he fell in love with the Egyptian girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, bless him! He is quite right, there is no rush for babies and love! Imagine biting someone in public, I am ashamed of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think it would be neat for Mason to marry someone from another country!

    ReplyDelete