Sunday 6 March 2011

Chapter 8 - Gen 4 - Kayla

The twins had thier birthday and they have both turned out to be little mini Antons.

Both have Antons hair and eye colouring.  He was really pleased about it, but still a little disappointed that neither of them had his mothers apple hair.



This one is Mickey.













and this one is Max.

We have had to give them different hairstyles just so that we can tell them apart.  They are so much alike, I really can not find any difference between the two of them, I would say they are definitely identical.

Hopefully it will get easier to tell them apart when they get older, I am hoping so anyway!!!


We both made a start on teaching the twins how to talk.

Marco was a little intrigued with his two new toddler mates.  While we were both trying to teach the twins to talk  Marco made me giggle when he kept walking around them and sitting down, watching for a while then he was up and off  having a watch of the other twin. 


In the end he gave up and went into the nursery to beat up his teddy bear.  I should imagine he too is confused because they look identical.

Mason as ever is none stop, he is like a whirlwind breezing from one skill to the next. 

Since he has become a teenager he has found a whole new world of things to learn and explore - and if he keeps on at this rate he will have mastered everythng possible before he becomes a young adult!!!

Athletics is mastered


He has already mastered all four musical instruments, which has pleased Anton, who thinks he could be another addition to that band we intend to form one day!!







I think the drums are definately his favourite of the four instruments, that is where he now tends to spend a lot of his time - bashing the drums.










I have managed to move a little closer to the 15 painting target.

Painting number 10 finished and now hanging in the dining room.






 

Painting number 11 is finished and hung up in the basement.
Only 4 paintings left to do and I am done!!











What on earth is this and were has it come from????  For one moment I thought I was going mad because I could have sworn I saw this out in the garden the other day!!!

Anton told me it was a magic laundry gnome.  He says they move around when you are not looking.

Live gnomes - surely not!!!  He is having me on isn't he!!


Now you might think I have gone absolutely mental, but I have managed to persuade Anton into trying for just one more baby.  For once it is me hassling him instead of the other way round!!!

I know - I know - I must be mad right!!!  Probably I am but I desperately want a girl




 
He is eager for me to get back to work, get my promotions up to Rock Star so that we can start that band he really wants to form.  But like I told him, if we try just one more time, get the child rearing days out of the way, we have hundreds of years left a head of us to form the band and anything else we decide to do in the future.

I am leaving nothing to chance this time either - I am getting myself prepared.

I am off grocery shopping - I am going to buy a load of watermelons, twenty I think, and  when I get my next pregnancy confirmed I am going to eat every last one of them.

This time I am going to make sure I get a girl!!


When I got out of my car, the first thing I saw was Samir just going into the grocery shop.

It threw me a little, It had been so long since I had last seen him.

I just stood there wandering whether to go into the grocery store or not.


He did not really give me any time to think because he virtually came straight back out of the shop.

My stomach flipped over, and I got this dull aching in my chest.

Before I knew it he was stood there right in front of me.





"Hiya Samir"
"Hiya,"
"How are you doing?"
"So - So - you know - you?"
"Yeah great, so what have you been up to?"
"Nothing really, you know, just work - so  how many kids do you have now?"
"Four boys"






"I am sorry Kayla, I need to go, I cant stand here talking to you like this"
"Whats wrong?"
"You know what's wrong, I hate seeing you, it starts the hurt all over again"

He turned his back on my and just stood there

"I am sorry Samir"  I felt like crying, because I know exactly how he feels!!

I could not bear it, really all I wanted to do was hug him, but I remembered why I was here and went into the shop to buy the watermelons, hoping he would be gone when I came back out, I really could not afford to do anything silly!!

Back home somebody was having their birthday.

Marco turned into a child













Marco gains the Neat trait.


I found Marco in the bathroom he had scrubbed it clean - bless him.

I worry about him, its ok to have the neat trait, and he says he loves doing the housework, but he should be playing like normal children not making beds and scrubbing toilets and taking out the garbage and cleaning up after everyone!!!


He loves his new room, Mason has been evicted back into his own room, which he now says is too childish for him, so we need to redecorate.



I have to laugh at the two boys, I am lucky really and probably should not worry, because they are both very helpful in their own way, Mason loves his little brothers and is constantly helping to look after them without being asked, I have even seen him putting them on the potty chair and trying to teach them to walk.  Marco is constantly doing most of the housework without being asked. 


Marco especially tickles me when his first task every morning is not to get ready for school but to go round all the rooms making everyone's beds for them!!  So when the school bus arrives he is generally still drinking plasma juice, misses the bus then has to go to school late on his bike.




This pregnancy lark goes from one extreme to the other with me!!!!

Last time I was as sick as a pig for the whole of the pregnancy.  This time I was completely taken by surprise because I have had no morning sickness at all!!!






Before I run off to tell Anton there is something I have to do.

Yuk! I hate human food now!!!
Looking at the watermelon made me think of Samir.  I bumped into him outside the shop remember when I went to buy them.

Stop it!!!  Stop thinking about him.


Oh well, here goes!!!!

Was I mad buying twenty of these things!!!

Quite a while later and twenty watermelons later - I was now feeling very sick and bloated!!!!






"ALREADY!!" Anton said surprised "But I havent noticed you being sick!"
"No I havent been sick once this time!!  Good isnt it - mind you I feel sick now though I have just eaten a load of watermelons"
"That's an old wives tale that - don't bank on it working!!"
"Thanks alot - I've just stuffed twenty watermelons down my throat and now you tell me it might not work!!"
He thought that was highly hilarious!!




"And can we only have one this time please" he laughed
"Shut up - don't get jinxing it again!!"






















As it was the weekend Mason decided to go and take his guitar and play for tips outside the theatre.  He wants to buy some music books so he can learn some new songs to play.
He only needed to ask and we would have got hims some - but he is showing some initiative, so off he went.




He got to meet my Uncle Cory, who he is now good friends with.

It was past Masons curfew and he still was not home so Anton went to the theatre to bring him home and make sure he did get arrested.

Anton found Mason still playing away, with quite a crowd round him.

He met his half sister Dawn and they had a chat.

Mason earned himself $940 from playing for tips.

The doorbell rang and it was my half sister Lea.  I was pretty surprised to see her!!!

I asked her to stay the night, she said she would then changed her mind and went home pretty late.




I got the chance to get another painting done.

Painting number 12









Painting number 12 is now hung on the wall in the kitchen.

Only three more to go!!

The trouble is as the house gets more hectic the less time I find to do any painting.




Mason has now mastered the martial arts skill and as usual it did not take him very long.

Anton liked the idea of having someone to spar with.




That was until he sparred with Mason 3 times and every time Mason beat him.

He said to me later "I swear that kid is superhuman - he is not natural how quickly and how well he does everything"

He was miffed, he had never been beaten so badly before!!!


Look at Marco, he is not artistic, but then neither am I.  Marco went and painted a brilliant painting - his second attempt!!!!

I am yet to paint a brilliant painting!!!!





Marco has actually started to calm down on the housework now that he has virtually scrubbed the house from top to bottom.  He has started to find other interests like painting and reading and chatting to anyone he can on the computer.




I really hope this one is a girl!!














----------------------
Chapter 9
----------------------

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope it's a girl too! We're gonna have plenty of choices for heir it looks like! I wonder if the apple hair will appear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like Marco! Hope all those watermelons work!

    ReplyDelete