Thursday 17 March 2011

Chapter 5 - Gen 5 - Mason

"Do you think I am an alcoholic or something??"
I was mad at my agent
"No, you are going to make me look like one, I really am sick of these jobs you keep giving me""
He was trying to send me to the vampire lounge this time to order a drink
"I don't care that it is a differnet place, you are still sending me to a bar - this is the third night on the run and I think you forget I work fulltime as a journalist, and am starting to go to work in zombies state - it has to stop"
He is not listening to me
"Look there are plenty of agents in this town I DON'T have to use you - I am telling you it will stop, this is the last one - I will go to the vampire lounge tonight - but any more of these bar jobs this month and I will be finding a new agent - do you get me!!"
Now he was listening and I slammed down my phone!!!!

Later that evening I made my way to the vampire lounge - "Pomegranate Passion" I had to keep saying it to myself - what on earth is a Pomegranate???   Anyway "Pomegranate Passion" thats the drink I am being paid to order at the bar of the vampire lounge.  I used to have a good sense of humour once -  I am seriously thinking I am losing it!!!!

Having to ask to be let in - whatever next!!??  "Yes Mr Swan you can go right in!!"

























I sat at the bar and ordered the "Pomegranate Passion"  I planned to drink it then leave, the place was dead anyway not another sole in here!!  Another waste of time!!  I have lost my sense of humour haven't I??!!  I bet Marco would be pleased!!



 The drink was actually pretty nice.  Its a shame I could not get the recipe for this one.  Mind you - hold on - what on earth is this doing to me!!??  I came over all strange!!


 "Pomegranate Passion - you don't want to drink that one bro, it makes even the ugliest women look attractive - I know!!"  It was Mickey and he was laughing his head off.  
My little brother looked so grown up!!


 "You want to see your face right now" he was laughing at me
"Why whats up with my face?"
"It has gone the colour of that drink - don't worry it will wear off once the drink does, but watch what you are doing for the next hour or so - the last time I drank that stuff I ended up taking someone home, when I woke up the next morning I wandered what the hell I had been thinking!!!"
"Seriously?"  I asked
"That's a very strong romantic drink and it puts you in the mood - the trouble is it also clouds your vision, if you knew who I dragged into bed you would laugh yourself silly for a week!!!!"
"Who?" I was curious and shocked
"That I am not telling you I am way too embarrassed!!"
"I was going home after this anyway, I am only here because that stupid agent of mine sent me, tomorrow I have to catch a plane to France for work, I can't afford a late night"
Here was me never even been kissed and my little brother - well - I can only imagine what he has been up to!!!!


When I got home and looked at my face in the mirror I was pretty shocked at the colour of it, but like Mickey said it would wear off with the drink.  I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning I was back to my normal self. 

I was off to France today, not by choice, I was being sent from work, I had to do a piece at work on the lifestyles in foreign locations so they were sending me to France to interview 5 locals.  As I was having to go to France I thought I would make the most of it and booked 3 days off work, so that I could stay a little, I just hoped it was going to be a lot better experience than my trip to China!!

Just like it had in China it started off with a little starstruck frenzy but once I got the autographs and photos out of the way, I started on the interviews, which actually did not take all that long.  I got them done and out the way so I could then concentrate on enjoying myself and exploring a little of France.


 The people in France seemed very friendly people, and I quickly started to make friends with quite a few of the locals.  I was in the General Goods Store and it was a hive of activity.  The General Good Merchant soon came over and introduced herself as Margot Petite.  She was very friendly, I quite liked her.


Margot taught me how to sing the French song Je t'aime.  I actually found it a lot easier to pick up than I had the chinese song that Jihcan had taught me.


Close by was the Food Store, and as I was walking past it I got the urge to try frogs legs!!??  An unusual thing for me to want to do but hey, at least I can say I have tried frogs legs!!  I can not say I liked them or disliked them - its human food - it all tastes the same to me!!


While I was washing up my plate I realised I was actually getting quite thirsty, there was a fridge in the food store, hopefully I could get some plasma juice.  I have to say I really am glad I am a vampire sometimes, like on this occasion, washing up a plate after I have eaten food, for a human this has to be done at least three times a day, whereas us vampires drink and throw away the carton, a lot less hassle!!!

 I was already actually liking France a lot compared to China.  The people were really friendly and easy to get along with and the atmosphere was nice.  I was really enjoying sitting outside the food shope on the cobbled streets, a walm breeze and the sound of crickets churping away it was a really nice moment in time.


 I hadn't realised how tired I was getting until I nearly fell asleep sat there on that chair.  So I made my way back to base camp, which was a nice little house on the main street.  I found my room and went straight to sleep.  why is it these places always have the same uncomfortable beds??!!



Another thing that I hated about these places - No privacy - even when you are sleeping the paparazi are snooping around in your room and there really is not way to stop it from happening unfortunately.  I mean - come on - just what is the fascination for taking photo's of someone sleeping???

 I wanted to visit the Nectary while I was here.  I ended up buying a nectar making machine to take home with me, it could be quite interesting making your own nectar.  The only problem I had is that nectar better matures in a basement so I have been told, and I don't have a basement, but I suppose I could get one built, even if it was just a small one, something to think about when I got home!!


Wandering around the nectary became very interesting when I spotted the wall pannelling in once section of the room looked odd - it was a different colour to the rest of the wall and somehow it looked different.  So I started to feel around.  I was pushing on the panels when I heard a funny clicking noise, suddenly the panelling swung out and I had to jump back to stop it from knocking me over.

I walked into the room that the panelling had exposed, there were racks with nectar on the bottles looked very very dusty and very very old.  There was a gem on the floor that I also picked up.  Another odd coloured piece of pannelling that I started to investigate opened and exposed another small room.


This room looked quite interesting a chest another gem and more very old nectar.  I did not get to do any more snooping because my phone started ringing and when I answered it it turned out to be Margot from the General Good store.  She asked me if I wanted to do a little task for her, she had lost something  and wanted to know if I could go into a tomb to retrieve it for her.

She asked me to pop by so she could give me more details.  She explained that the item that she had lost had fallen down a hole and she needed me to go to the forgotten burial mound to retrieve it for her it had fallen down into the tomb and she was too scared to go in and look for it herself.  She gave me a keystone and a map.

I found the entrance to the forgotten burial mound quite easily, took a deep breath them started making my way down the steps.  I had plenty of plasma fruit so I would be fine!!

This tomb had not been entered for a very long time, finally I was going to get to do a little tomb raiding, while I was excited I was also very nervous of what might lie ahead of me!!


 The only thing that I could see in this room was a pile of rubble blocking the only thing that could possibly be a doorway out of this entrance way.  So I cleared away the rubble pile, using a pick axe.

As I suspected after a little pushing the wall swung open to reveal a room with a strange stone block on the floor infront of me.

I think the foot marks in the block gave it away, I stood on the block putting my feet into the foot marks.  Chains snapped on the green door ahead of me.

Behind the door it started to look pretty dark and eerie

I used the keystone that Margot had given me - I could hear a rumbling noise.
I just hope I was not letting myself in for trouble!!!!


--------------------------
-------------------------

1 comment:

  1. That's funny about the drink, I didn't realize it made their faces change color! I'm so gonna have to try that out in my game!

    ReplyDelete