Saturday 12 March 2011

Chapter 5 - Finding the Future

 by Lex

I could hear Chase talking to someone and when I looked I noticed it was Evan.  

Has it really been so long that I did not even recognise my own sons voice!!

"Dad, what the hell is she doing here - where's mom?"
He had said Dad but I was quick to realise he was not talking to me, he was talking to Chase and glaring in Kandice's direction.
"Its all right Evan, your moms putting the boys to bed and everything is fine, she is here with your Dad"
"Lex is not my Dad. - you are!!"
"Biologically he is your Dad, I know you call me Dad and have done for years but I am actually only your Uncle remember as well as your Step-Dad -  and I think it is time you and Lex sat down and sorted out your differences, I have sorted things out with my brother and now its time for you to sort things out with your Dad."

 Evan just stood staring at me, he kept looking from me to Chase.

It was hard work but eventually we started to talk things through,  Chase keeping very quiet.











It is going to take a lot of work on my side to make friends again with Evan, and for him to forgive me for being the worst Dad in the world!!











---------------------------------------

I could not understand at first what had possessed her to buy this tiny house in Twinbrook.  

I was worried that she had plans to camp out here until she had lured Chase back home - because for days and weeks and months after our visit to Chase's Twinbrook home Kandice was a mess!!  I was too scared to leave her alone for a minute I was never sure what she was going to do.

She felt lost and alone, all of her children were grown up and moved out so it was just Kandice rattling around in that big house of hers.

The first few weeks were the hardest, we were camped out in the tiny Twinbrook house, for no other reason than Kandice just would not go home - not without Chase.

The hardest part for me was watching her moping around and crying herself to sleep because of Chase.  I think she had accepted now that she had lost him - she just had to get over it!!

As much as it hurt me to watch her destroying herself over someone else - I loved her and I was not going to leave her, she needed looking after and I could not see anyone else willing to do the job.  She had virtually alienated just about everyone she knew, even her children.  She was stuck with me whether she liked it or not.  Not that she noticed or even cared half of the time that I was even there!! 

She was making herself ill and I really did not know how to snap her out of it other than give her time - I had no idea how long this was going to take.

Sometimes she would let me hold her other times she just pushed me away, it was just a waiting game and for once I think Chase had been wrong he said she would not be down for long, but it felt like this was going to go on forever.


She has done some silly things during this time, that were upsetting at the time but in later years I know we are going laugh about them.

She woke me up banging about in the kitchen.
"What are you doing Kandice?"
"Cooking pancakes"
"Why pancakes when you don't eat human food?"
"They are Chases favourite"




I don't think even she realised what she was doing until she said it out loud!!











 As time went by things slowly started getting better and I even managed to persuade her to go back to Riverview eventually.

As she started to slowly come back to her old self she slowly started to notice me again.




And finally she gave us a chance.


We are now married and have children together.



We go back to Twinbrook to see Evan  and we stay in our little house there.

Things are getting there between me and Evan, but there is still some way to go.  He has not forgiven me yet - but hopefully he will one day!!!





I now finally know what it is like to be a Dad -  a proper Dad.

I love the way our twin girls Annie and Alice are a perfect mix of the two of us.

Alice has Kandices hair and my eyes.







While Annie has my hair and Kandices eyes.

Our life is good right now, and even though I know she has settled for second best - I am happy because I finally got what I wanted.






















------------------------------
Chapter 11
------------------------------

I have had fun with this - but have to put a stop to it now before I get too carried away with it  -  I have a bunch of my wishacy charactors living a different life in a different file in  twinbrook.  While Chase and Suzanna have  had 3 boys, Kandice and Lex have had 5 kids 2 girls and 3 boys.
While I have been taking a break from my wishacy waiting for the next generation hier vote and trying to decide when I am going to put a stop to Kayla's and move onto the next heir.  Not playing this 100% wishacy - I decided to play with Evan for a while - and I have given him a life wife and kids :)  But while I was playing Evan I bumped into Chase and Kandice down the side of the theatre kissing each other LMFAO !!!!!!  Shock horror - guess who are fighting now - the four of them.  This could go on forever it is so funny!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awww I am glad they ended up together but lol at them all fighting now! Great side story :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could start a whole different blog on this lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that was me above, I didn't realize I was signed into my other account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this really could go on forever! I swear, the Swan family is addicted to drama! :0

    ReplyDelete