Wednesday 9 March 2011

Chapter 2 - Finding the Future

We enjoy coming down to the beach on a night time and watch the waves crash onto the beach it is so peaceful, that is when there is not a crowd around and tonight we are getting extra hounded by the paparazzi.

There not being a beach in Riverview this was still quite a novelty to me.  Suzie had got used to it years ago.


"It would be nice just for once to be left alone wouldn't it!!"
"Well you did go and become a world famous Rock Star didn't you so what do you expect!!"
"I know but still it would be nice to have some privacy once in a while"
"And you went and let our daughter follow in your footsteps, its bad enough having one Rock Star in the family, let alone two!!"
"Kayla did that all on her own you know, I did not pull any strings for her - and its three actually don't forget Anton is a Rock Star too!!"

"Did I just here somebody mention my name!!" Kayla appeared from nowhere and started to laugh.
"I was waiting for you to call to say your plane had landed - how did you know to find us here?"
"Ask Mom, she is such a wally sometimes, pinned a note to the front door - she did - its no wander the beach is crawling with paparazzi, mom told them where to find you - you haven't trained her very well have you Dad!!"
"Don't laugh Kayla, its hard to get used to all this celebrity stuff, you and your Dad have had years of practice!!"

"Sorry Mom!!"
Suzie stood up to give Kayla a hug, it was then she noticed the baby bump.
"OMG MOM - please tell me you are pregnant and haven't gotten fat!!"
"Yes, you'll be getting a new baby brother or sister soon!!"
"Another one - you two don't mess about do you - marriage now babies!!" she said more to me than to Suzie.
"You can talk six children already - this is only my fourth"  It was Suzies turn to laugh at Kayla.

"Dad, your hair ......"

"I used to have it like this when I was a teenager - before your time - and don't say a word, because its staying this way!!!!!"









"I think we need to go home, we can not talk properly with all this paparazzi around."

I could see the paps scribbling away and taking lots of pictures, the whole world would know our business by the morning if we stayed here any longer!!




"So come on, out with it Kayla, I know you are dying to say something to me!!"
"I don't understand what happened, I thought you and Candy were ok!"
"We were, sort of but I would have left her and married your mother years ago if it wasn't for Chrystal and Keisha, they are the only reason I stayed in Riverview with Candy."
"You sound like you had this planned already!!" she sounded shocked
"We did!!"
"So why didn't you tell me about it - you could have given me some warning!!"
"I couldn't, it was my cross to bear!!"
"So how did Candy take it?"
"Not good"

"and the kids?"
"Better than I expected - they are all grown up now so its not so bad, not like they are children and are growing up without a parent - Leon was the worst one to deal with!!"
"Was he very mad at you?"
"A little, but I am worried you might get a little stick from some of them, it is your mother I have run off with to marry after all"


"They have always given me stick for being "different" nothing I can not handle!!"

"Are you staying in Twinbrook?"
"Probably, I don't know yet we will have to see how things go. I don't think its over just yet"
"Why?"
"Well there is Lex for a start - I am expecting Candy to tell him where we are and where Evan is"
"Is that it just Lex?"
"No Samir ........." 



I wish I had never said it but it was too late, I saw Kayla's expression change at the mention of his name.
"What about Samir?"


"I spoke to him briefly, and he was very upset, not about me and Candy breaking up but - I think you know the reason why."
She did not say anything she just looked really upset, and I had half suspected something before but now I knew for certain.
"And I suspect this is part of the reason why you came rushing out here, it is isn't it Kayla"



"I was scared this might happen"  I said out load more to myself than to Kayla
"You feel the same way about him as he feels about you - don't you!"
"Yes" she said quietly
"I thought so!!!"


"Then maybe you need to talk to somebody about it"
"Like who"
"Like me, seeing as I probably know exactly how you are feeling, being in love with two people at the same time is not an easy thing to cope with - I know!!!!"
"What did he say to you exactly?"
"He is upset obviously, me and Candy being married made you his Grandaughter technically and he did the decent thing and walked away, even though it has killed him.  He is now mad that we have broke up because married we stopped you two being together, now it has all been for nothing he thinks - and is that how you feel??"
"Basically yes"
"Then you have a problem don't you"
"Yes and no!!"

"You are not going to go and do anything stupid are you?  You need to have a long hard think before you do anything"
"Don't worry, I am not going to run off and leave Anton if that is what you are thinking I am going to do as soon as I get back to Riverview"
"You say that now..."
"I have been struggling with this problem since the day Samir left and moved in with Kian, he is not the only one who has been suffering all these years - so don't panic, its not like I haven't already made my choices over the years, because I have -  this hurts yes, but it is not like it can change anything for me!"
"But it does change things, what if he comes after you?"
"Then I will have to deal with it when and if that time comes"

She sounds like she knows what she is doing and has got it all under control.  But she certainly is not acting like she had, I can see deep down she is hurting and I just hope she is not going to do anything without thinking about it properly first.

She came rushing out here because obviously she must have reacted and thought in exactly the same way as Samir did - panicked because of what it meant to her, and the path, that forked path that I had to battle, she has in her life too - she has taken the one pathway when really she wants or wishes she had taken the other.  She has been sucking on that carton for over an hour - she is so lost in her thoughts.

"There are two girls in there I just know it!!"
"Don't be silly Chase"
"That bump is definitely big enough to be carrying two and don't forget I have already had four sets of twin girls!!"
"I must admit, this is a mighty big bump, a lot bigger than with Evan and the girls as far as I can remember."

Suzie has been fussing over me reading a pregnancy book!!

Like I have not already read this book from cover to cover on more than one occasion before!!  Anything to keep her quiet - you don't argue with a pregnant woman - you always come off worse!!!!


Kayla has decided to stay for a while.  She needs a "break" and I think she has some things to think through.

As soon as her agent found out she was in Twinbrook he arranged some concerts for her here, so he quick visit has turned into a working vacation.




"Is she ok, she seems pretty quiet?"  Suzie asked me.

"Yes, she's fine, she just has a few things to think through and she is missing the kids and she's having a well earned break, its been a little manic for her and Anton with the two sets of twins so close together"

"What things to think through"


"Oh nothing for you to worry about - come on lets watch TV"  anything to distract her away from the conversation.




We had not been watching the tv for very long when the carpool started honking outside - I had to go to work, I had completely forgotten!!








As soon as I walked throught the door after work I could hear Suzie moaning so I ran to find her in the living room doubled up in pain.
"Whats wrong?"
"The baby is coming"
"How long have you been like this??"
"Its only just started"
"Its too early isn't it!!"
"I know!!"



"Come on lets get you to the hospital"
"I don't think I am going to make it to the hospital, this one isn't planning on hanging about!!"

Hearing that was enough to put me into a mad panic.

Just like she said minutes later the baby arrived.


Suzie went to put the baby in the crib, then I noticed.

"OMG  - ITS A BOY!!"

She doubled up in pain again

"Yes and he isn't alone, he's had company"

"WHAT!!"






Baby number two arrived.

"I told you there was more than one in there, I knew it would be twins"

"AAAAAWWWWWW your wrong, I haven't finished yet!!!

"YOUR JOKING!!"

"DO I LOOK LIKE IM JOKING"

"OOOUUUUCHHHH!!!"




Baby number three arrived.

I was in total shock!!!!

I got the boy I have wanted for so long - but not just one - three of them!!


Triplets - how are we ever going to cope!!!!




Kayla came back from doing a concert

"Please tell me I am hallucinating and I can not see three babies!!!"  she said

"No, your not hallucinating - because if you are I think I am too!!"  I was still pretty shell shocked!!!





"Well you two are going to have a lot of fun - aren't you!!!!"

Didn't I know it!!!











We called the boys
Pheonix, Nial and River.

The next stretch of our life was going to be hard work!!!










-------------------------
Chapter 3
-------------------------

3 comments:

  1. aww i am glad chase and suzie got together in the end. I preferred chase with his normal hair, though it did make me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! 3 babies! OMG, how many kids does Chase have in total now? That is one fertile guy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triplets! WOah! I know, I know, I'm just now getting caught up. How crazy that he had not one boy but three! I have lots of reading ahead of me, so I'm off to read another chapter...

    ReplyDelete