Sunday 16 January 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 1 - Faith

Our little house looks a lot different now.  The builders have finished and we now have a lot more room. an upstairs and a basement.  It is not exactly how I would have liked it but when you are extending onto a house that is already there - it is not so easy.  Well the building is now done but there is still a lot of carpeting and decorating to do and furniture to buy.
This is the new kitchen and dining room area
The front door has been moved to a different side of the house and this is the hallway and stairs to the upstairs and to the basement.
This is a second room - not sure what this will be yet - study - nursery - music room - we will have to see how it ends up!!
Upstairs we now have four bedrooms and a small bathroom
This is my new bedroom
and this is the girls new bedroom
Like we thought, Lee became Elderly before he became a vampire, he had his birthday yesterday and became a vampire today.  But it does not really make any difference to me - I love him just the same.
I have had a wish that has been hanging about since the girls had their birthday when they changed from toddlers to children.  I wanted to get married to someone.  It did not really matter to me at the time, because there was nobody in my life to marry.  I knew when the time was right I would fulfil that wish, and now I think that time is right!!  
Tomorrow I am going to propose to Lee.
I think Lee was a little surprised when I got down on one knee and pulled out the ring!!
I never really doubted that he would say yes.
"Lee, there is no point us waiting to get married is there?!"
"What do you mean??" he said
"We don't need to wait - marry me now"
"What - here? - now?"
"Yes"
So now we are married.
It was nice to think that he would be here with me every night to cuddle up to.
The next day when I got home from work I found a different looking Lee waiting to greet me when I came in.  He had bought a bottle of hair die and got the girls to help him pick out some new clothes.  He said it did not make the age gap look so obvious, but I told him it didn't matter to me!!!!
"So now you are our step-dad aren't you" Taylor said
"Yes I am - I hope you don't mind" lee replied
"We have never had a dad before - do you know why?"
"I think you ought to ask your Mom about that not me!"
I started to want a baby just after me and Lee got married
So as soon as I started throwing up every few hours I knew I was pregnant.
"Mom I want to know about my Dad"
OMG - I knew this would come one day, but I always said I would tell them the truth - so here goes!!
"Sit down - What do you want to know?"
"Where is he and why have we never seen him?"
"His name is Toby, and I am not too sure where he is"  I said "We were engaged and something happened and we sort of broke up because I left town and moved to Riverview, and I have never seen him since"
"So why has he never been to see us - didn't he want us"
"NO!  That would be because neither of us knew I was pregnant when I left - and I am sorry I never told him when I found out I was pregnant"
"Does that mean he does not know about me and Dawn"
"No he doesn't - I am sorry!!"
"So where might he be?"
"Wishacy Bay I presume with my family"
"Well I think you should take us there and tell him, its not fair, I always wanted my Dad like all the other kids at school - and you stole him from us - THAT WAS MEAN!!!"  
She started to cry and ran off
"Taylor come back ........."
I now had something else to deal with - I was pregnant.
Lee was really happy when I told him
We both wanted a boy so I ate quite a few apples before I went to bed.
The girls have started to spend quite a bit of time with Lee.  I have not spoken to either of them since my confession to Taylor about their Dad, I think I am getting the cold shoulder from both of them.
Then something happened that probably made me the most unpopular person in the house with everyone!!
Tyler made a surprise visit, Dawn let him in.
 It had been ages since I had seen him, and we had a lot of gossip to catch up on, and we chatted for quite a while.
He even had a feel of my baby bump, and then something strange came over me.  I dont know why but I wanted to offer to turn him into a vampire.
So I asked him and he held out his arm for me, so I bit his arm.
When it was over I put my hands on his face to steady him.
When he had steadied himself, he moved closer to me and grabbed my hands and started swinging them.  What the hell were we doing???  All the time we had been together just as friends, nothing like this had ever happened before.  I was not really sure who started this, him or me, it happened so fast.
Everyone had seen us, and when Lee came and told  him he was behaving inappropriately, Tyler left and went home.
Now I think I have some grovelling to do!!!

------------------------------------
------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear... And so the genes resurface. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh! Apparently it does run in the family!!! At least it was only a little holding hands, nothing more...yet? I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, sometimes I hate the free will. It doesn't always make sense. :( Hopefully, Lee will forgive her! We knew the day would come that the girls would ask.

    ReplyDelete