Thursday 27 January 2011

Chapter 5 - Gen 2 - Taylor

Kian is constantly crying when left alone for five minutes, so generally the only way to shut him up is have somebody constantly holding him
It is time for Kian to have his birthday.
Our first family debate and it was over the colour of my sons hair!!  We were not quite sure where the jet black hair had come from.  Samir's mom has dark blue hair and his Dad has the same off brown colour as Samir.  My Mom the same hair as me and My Dad bright blue.  So where does the black come from.  Samir's dad is a Bagley and there are records on the family tree of Samir's great-grandparents, but old black and white photo's dont tell you anything about colour.  When my parents joined into the conversation the mystery may have been solved - but my Mom found out a few things that shocked her.
"My Mom has black hair with red streaks in it - but my youngest brother Gavin, just had the same jet black hair as Kain does"
"Youngest brother - Faith you still have not spoken to your parents have you"
"No - why? - I can't its been too long, I really don't know what to say to them"
"Well I think you should because Gavin is definitely not your youngest brother"
"What??!! - please tell me they have not had more children"
"Oh yes - quite a few more"
"How many??"
"I am saying nothing - phone your parents then you will find out!"
Thankfully now that Kian is a toddler, the crying has stopped.  He actually now seems like a happy little sole.  He loves Anton, they are always together playing - I hope Kian is not going to get too upset when Anton and Liam move out soon.
It is hard to believe that my little brothers are all grown up and I think they have turned out to be quite hansome young men!!!  As twins they are quite close, so it was no surprise when they told us that they were going to move out and get their own place together once they had settled themselves into full time employment.  Anton is now working at the Theatre, he decided he wanted a musical career, and Liam is working at the sports stadium, he decided on an athletic career.
 Kian and Tommie play together a lot, they are already becoming the best of friends.
 And even when Samir is trying to teach Kian to talk
Tommie sits close by just watching and picking his nose waiting for his pal to finish probably so they can go and bite more dolls heads off together!!
I am back at work and I have just been promoted to resident.  Things are going to get a little busier now for me workwise.
Samir has also had a promotion - he is now a Fertiliaer Analyst - that job does not sound very appealing to me !!
My Dad is having a change in career direction too it seems.  Even though his lifetime wish is to be a Hot shot home designer - he suddenly wished to join the painting profession - so he is going to become self employed and working from home selling his paintings.  Since Tommie and Kian have been born, Dad has basically become the number 1 babysitter while the rest of us are out working, and even though he has mastered his painting skill, the baby sitting has basically taken over and he does not go out to do clients renovations.  So he has decided to go back to his interior design job later in life - he has plenty of time still to achieve his LTW.
Knowing that Dad was going to be around to look after the children all the time during the day when we were out at work helped me decide that I think I would like another baby, a brother or sister to keep Kian company,  I know he has his Uncle Tommie, but its not the same as your own siblings.  I need to see if Samir wants another baby.
"How would you feel about having another baby?"
"Why your not pregnant are you?"
"No - but I could be if we go and try"
"Why do you want another baby?"
"Yes"
"Come on then - lets go and make babies"
"Isn't that one of your Moms painting thats crept onto our wall??"
"Yes,  Dad told me we would be getting it when it was finished"
"I don't like it - wouldn't it be better in the boys room??"
"I thought that but we will only upset her if we move it now!!"
Luckily I got up early the next morning with time to spare to catch up on my medical research that I did not do last night, before I had to go to work. 
Dad helps with the skill building activities while we are at work and we had a nice surprise waiting for us when we got home from work tonight - Kian is now walking around on his own, it makes him look so grown up!!
Samir is working on Kian's potty training, we are hoping he will be potty trained by the time his birthday comes around.
By the time I had got home from work, my little brother had already had his birthday, which I missed - I really hope I am not going to be working late on the day of Kians birthday, I would hate to miss my own sons birthday!!!
Time to put Kian to bed - and I start feeling really sick.
I wander??!!

---------------------------------------------
Chapter 6
---------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. oooh another baby already! I just realized that Faith would have no idea what her family back home was up to. o_O

    ReplyDelete