Tuesday 16 August 2011

Chapter 8 - Gen 14 - Devon

It was my little brothers birthday and we had visitors.
Thornton Wolfe and his son Bradley were round, Thornton is Melodies boyfriend and Bradley is their child.  Thornton is a vampire and so is Bradley but Melodie is still human she does not want to be a vampire.
Devlin and Bradley are best mates.  I just hope Devlin does not want to become a vampire when he gets older!!


"So Devon, your Dad told me you got engaged."
"Yes Thornton, have you met Cathleen yet?"
"I have seen her but not spoken to her, pretty little thing.  Anyway you must be mad, I wouldn't get married again if you paid me!!"
"So what happened with you and Morgana anyway, I have heard a few different stories."
"She divorced me, she wanted a child, and I hate children, she was not impressed when she found out about Bradley I can tell you!!"
"I bet!!"
"So you and Melodie are not getting married?"
"No, we live together and get along for Bradley's sake but our relationship was over before it started really, she is still in love with you isn't she Zac!!" he was laughing
"Don't start that again Thornton!!"
"Dad is that true?"
"No comment!!"


It was time for Devlin to have his birthday, Mom and Cathleen were just coming in from work.


"It has been nearly 24 hours."
"What has?"
"Since, you know ....."
"Please tell me you are not clock watching too, Cathleen you are becoming obsessed!!
"Well how else am I going to get pregnant"
"Aaaaar you two are gross!!!!!!"
"Well you shouldn't be earwigging on our conversation then should you Devlin!!"


"So when are we getting married?"
"Whenever you want to, I am not bothered about a big fuss, so its up to you"
"Me neither, I don't really want a fuss I have no family to invite anyway."
"What about Saturday, quietly just us."
"Yeah that would be great!!"


I am still working on mastering my guitar skill, and am no where near achieving my lifetime wish, piano only being level 5 and drums and bass level 3.  It felt like I was never going to get there.  I am trying to make an effort to do something about improving all 4 instruments.


Devlin started talking about his imaginary friend.  He told me mom had had a go at him when he tried to talk to her and was surprised that I was not mad with him too.  I told him to go and have a word with Dad, that he could make him a potion to turn his doll real if that is what he wanted, and explained to him about Buddy and Wiggles.


The next day we had another addition to the family - Patches, Devlins imaginary friend.  I was quite surprised when she turned out to be female.


And I was even more surprised when I walked into his room and I found them making out.  I really am not sure this was a healthy relationship to have!!!  Mom and Dad did not seem to worried about it, they thought probably the relationship would just fizzle out and if it got so bad that they could not live together they would make plans for moving her out and have someone look after her until she was old enough to look after herself.


It is Friday and I am getting nervous as we are getting married tomorrow.  Cathleen did not seem bothered in the slightest, she was having loads of fun mixing all sorts of drinks.


While she is trying to mix a unique drink I resist trying them all and do a little more guitar practice.






"Well did you make that new drink you wanted to make?"
"Yes and I named it after you."
"Well I hope its a nice one!!"
"Yeah it is."


"Well you have about 12 hours left - plenty of time for you to do a runner"
"I am not going anywhere silly, why are you having second thoughts about getting married?"
"No I was just checking that you weren't!!"
"I am a little nervous, but thats all."


"I am just surprised that you have behaved yourself so far"
"Well I promised I would didn't I!!"


"Zac can I ask a favour?"
"Depends what it is?"
"I am worried that I have not got pregnant yet, we try at least twice a day and nothing, are there any tests I can have to find out for certain?"
"You don't need tests, what you need is to slow down."
"Pardon?"
"At least twice a day, you say, well that is not going to help at all, your trying too much!!"


"I have just been having a talk with Cathleen"
"What about?"
"This trying for a baby your doing."
"And?"
"She told me how often you are trying and you need to slow down."
"You try telling her that's - she is obsessed - I swear if she doesn't get pregnant soon she is going to drive herself insane!!"
"Well I have told her all the medical reasons for not over doing it, so hopefully she will slow down, but I have told her I will arrange for her to get some tests done."
"Dad can I ask you something?"
"What?"
"What Thornton said about Melodie being in love with you, it has been bugging me - is it true?"
"I don't know and I have kept my distance because I don't want to know - we have been best friends since we were kids from elementary school.  Everyone expected us to be together when we grew up because we could not be separated, but we did not have any romantic interest in each other, well I didn't anyway and she never let on she had any sort of feelings for me until after my Dad died.  Since she moved out we have kept a distance between us, so I don't have a clue what is going on in her head."


Cathleen must have taken in some of what Dad said to her because she didn't hassle me we just went to bed to sleep for a change.  I had quite a restless night, pre wedding nerves I think, because that is all I was dreaming about all night.


We got married quietly with just Mom, Devlin and Patches there.  We did not even get dressed up.   Dad had planned to be there but was called out on an emergency so had to go to the hospital.


We did want to go to China for our honeymoon, but unluckily for us the airlines were on strike so we had to settle with staying at home, which was not so bad I suppose.  We were both given time off work.


"Can I have a word with you pair."
"Yeah Dad what's up?"
"I am sick of the blaring radio's all over the house, it was bad enough when it was just one of you but now the pair of you are at it I can not hear myself thinking sometimes - so  I have done something for you."
"What?"
"You now have your own room and if you don't mind - you can do all your drinking and dancing in one place.""


I was pretty surprised when he showed us.  He had converted one of the basement rooms into our own little dance club with a bar, the lights, the dance floor and of course the music.

"Wow thanks Dad its great!!"
"You will need to decorate it, I have left that for you to do."
"Its great!!"
"So we will have no more radio's blaring all over the house now will we?"
"No Dad!!"


Cathleen started to throw up, she got a little excited at first as she thought she may be pregnant.


Then not long after so was I throwing up.  At first we could not work out what was going on why it was just us two that were sick when nobody else was.  The mystery was solved when Mom realised that we had eaten the plasma fruit pancakes that Thornton had made for himself and someone had put the leftover's in the fridge.  Plasma fruit can not be digested by humans.



I set about decorating our dance room in the basement while Cathleen went off to the hospital to get the tests done.  She said she wanted to go alone.  She came back with news that I never would have expected.

"You were quick, is everything ok?"
"No not really."  She looked miserable
"Oh no!"  I thought they had told her she could not have children
"They could not finish doing the tests."
"Why?"
She suddenly sprang to life and squealed
"Because I am pregnant!!"


"You what?"
"I am pregnant!!  We did it - I am going to have a baby."
"I am shocked!!"
"Yeah so was I!!"


"Did they tell you if the baby was a boy or girl?"
"Not baby - babies"
"You've lost me"
"Babies - plural - more than one"


"How many exactly?"
"Two"
"So there are two babies in there?"
"Yes."
"Get away!!!!!"
"We are having twins."

---------------------
---------------------
When they got married they both wanted to travel so I thought I would take them to China for a honeymoon.  But it did not happen because since the last patch my world adventure no longer works and my sims are unable to travel :(
I am pretty mad with my game!!!!  As I plan this to be the last Swan generation I thought the best way to do it would be for there NOT to be a next generation - hense the story line that Cathleen probably can not have children.  I was not going to let them have any children.  HA!!!  When they got married - all on their own - they got frisky and ran off to the bedroom - I was well peed when Cathleen started throwing up and became pregnant!!!!!
My game was never going to let me get away with my plan - next chapter you will see the next spanner it threw at me!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment