Tuesday 16 August 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 14 - Devon

"So what is so urgent?"
"In a minute - how serious is it with you and your girlfriend?"
"Is that really any of your business?"
"Probably not but ....."
"You know what Tracey, I am not doing this, I should never have come here."
I walked away as quickly as I could I really should never have come here.
"Devon please."  I heard her calling after me but I just kept on walking and went straight home.



I felt guilty when I got home, I know I had not done anything but I had met Tracey in the park and I shouldn't have done.  Cathleen would probably go mad if she ever found out.



"You know I am getting worried."
"Why what's wrong?"
"You know we are not being careful and I am not pregnant yet."
"I wouldn't worry just yet."
"But I do, I am scared that it is never going to happen."


"I don't know what to say."
"You do want a baby don't you?"
"Yes but, there is not really a rush is there."
"But there is for me, the sooner I find out the better."
"I am sure if you keep stressing over it surely that won't help."
"But I can not help stressing over it."
"Speak to Dad, he can probably give you the best advice."


"If it puts your mind at rest - maybe you should ask about having some tests done."
"I suppose we could always try a bit more often."


"Like we don't already - you are wearing me out!!"
"Come on lets try again now."


Going to bed early means you get up early and I am up really early I am dancing away when Cathleen comes down with a long face.



"What's up with you, and please don't tell me its because you are not pregnant yet because I think you are being just a little to neurotic over it?"
"No actually its not that."
"So what is it?"


"I have just had a wierd phone call, I swear it was a prank call."
"What was it about."
"Some bloke, he said he was my agent and wants me to go to the Dance club and order a drink - it was kind of creepy."
All I could do was laugh
"Devon its not funny - it scared me."




"I am sorry I never thought to warn you - you have gained yourself a celebrity status have you not noticed - you should be aquiring your own paparazzi stalker fairly soon I should imagine."
"But that does not explain that phonecall."
"Every celebrity has an agent, you will get calls from time to time to do little jobs and promotional work, that ordering a drink at a certain night spot is pretty common, it is fine, nothing to worry about."
"But I don't want to be a celebrity."
"No neither do I but unfortunately I am and now you are, it will be fine, you will get used to it and it does have some good points as well as its bad points."

"Do I have to do these jobs?"
"You don't have to but, they pay really well, and it helps you to increase your status, if you are going to be a celebrity at all you may as well go all the way with it and make it 5 star celebrity status."
"Will you come with me?"
"Yeah if you want me to, when are you going to do it?"
"I am at work in a bit."
"Well I tell you what, I will meet you there after work, we may as well make a night of it if you want."
"Ok, sounds good!!"


I was meeting Cathleen at the club but set off a little earlier to spend some time in the park playing the piano, it was high time I started to do something towards my life time wish.





It was not long before someone came and interupted me asking for an autograph.  She was young and female and I found myself slip back into my own routine - asking her what her star sign was.  I had to kick myself to make me stop, I walked away before I started flirting with her - I just could not help myself it was in my nature.


I went into the Dance club and ordered a drink then killed the time dancing till Cathleen arrived.


When Cathleen arrived I noticed she was followed in by Shina one of my most recent one night stands.  I hoped she would not come over and talk to me.  Cathleen started dancing with me and I noticed Shina pull out a camera then a clip board - then I nearly died because I had a nasty feeling that Shina was following Cathleen and was now paparazzi which she had not been when I had been seeing her.  I tried my best to ignore her, I hoped this was not all going to blow up in my face!!"


more interruptions for autographs





Cathleen hugged me and I held my breath expecting Shina to start something.  But luckily when I looked around for her she had gone, to my relief.


Finally I could relax and we had something to eat, Cathleen ordered the drink her agent had sent her to order, then we spent the rest of the night dancing till the club closed.


Across the road from the club was the park and in the park there was a hot tub so we decided to go skinny dipping together in the hot tub for a laugh.


When Cathleen dared me to take it further - we looked around only to see of all people my Aunty Zara stood there looking at us in discust because we were skinny dipping in public.


"Its not happening is it and I am definately not doing it infront of my aunty its bad enough she has caught us skinny dipping."
"Thats your Aunty!!??"
"Yeah, I thought the hair might be a give away for you, she's my Dads youngest sister and you can guarantee he will know exactly what we have been doing before we get home!!"
"Come on then lets go home."



"Devon what on earth are you doing?"
"Oh nothing!!"
I had stopped suddenly and she nearly ran into the back of me.


"Cathleen, will you marry me?"
"O - M - G!!!"


"Well?"
"Of course I will!!"
"I was scared for a minute you would tell me you still didn't trust me and would have to think about it."
"Actually now you come to mention it ...." she started laughing
"Don't even go there - if  you are prepared to have a baby with me then it can't be all that bad!!"
"Keep your shirt on I was joking!!"


I did not have a clue that there was someone behind me watching.


"You know I have to go to work soon."
"Your joking, you should have told me you was on early's you have had no sleep."
"I'll be fine, you know that woman from the club last night is hanging about on the drive way again."
"What woman?"


When I turned to look, I nearly died it was Shina again.
"My car pool is here, I'll see you later."
"Ok love."


I waited till Cathleen was down the street before I spoke to Shina.

"Shina what are you playing at?"
"I might ask you the same question!!"
"Now look, you knew it was just a one night stand."
"Still you don't need to rub my nose in it!!"
"Excuse me but this is my house, you are the one trespassing not me, what the hell are you hanging around here for anyway??!!"
"I don't have a choice I have been assigned to that bitch you just got engaged to."
"She is not a bitch, you leave her out of this, and since when have you been paparazzi??"
"Since I quit my other job."
"Well I suggest you go and try to be reassigned because I am warning you Shina if you cause any trouble between me and Cathleen there will be hell to pay and your job will be the first thing you lose!!"
"Do you seriously think that I want to watch you two mauling each other, I tried to get reassigned and they were having none of it."



"Well maybe you should quit your job and find another one, I really don't want you hanging around here!!"


------------------
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment