Sunday 14 August 2011

Chapter 4 - Gen 14 - Devon

My head was spinning and I could not pull myself together.  I had butterfly's in my stomach and my chest was hurting my heart was beating so fast.   I had my strange cousin Frankie shouting me to pose for a picture, and even though she was no longer holding my hand I could still feel a tingling where her hand had been.


Then my Uncle Miles shouted me for a photo, and not satisfied with his photo he decided to come over and chat to me, I could not really concentrate on what he was saying because my head was still swimming and I was getting irritated because I wanted him to hurry up and shut up so I could get back to Cathleen.  When I turned round she was gone, vanished just like she had appeared.  It was then I got this sudden sinking feeling that felt like a stomach ache - she was gone.


I napped because I couldn't sleep.


I ate because I had to and not because I wanted to


I moped about the house, doing strange things like laundry, cooking and cleaning, I actually did not want to go out.  I had hoped she would phone me, but she didn't.  She knew who I was but all I had was her first name. Cathleen, that did not give me much to work on - I could not even look her up in the phone book.  I knew nothing about her and unless she phoned me, I had no clue how to find her so I moped around waiting for her to phone me.  Then again - why should she phone me, I bet she has not given me a second thought since our chance meeting at the dive bar.  She was driving me crazy, I could not get her out of my head, even when I was a sleep she was running through my dreams, I had no escape.


You might know it did not take Dad long to spot something was wrong.

"So what is up with you?"
"Nothing Dad."
"Your lying, I know there is something wrong Devon, no blaring radio's, no dancing, and you have not left the house for nearly a week, and there have been no women creeping around either, so what's wrong? and don't say nothing again because I am not having it!!"
"Nothing you can help me with"
"Try me, you never know."
"Trust me you can't"
"Your acting like you are love sick or something - has some women finally done a number on you for a change?"
"Not a number more like a disappearing act!!"


"So who is she?"
"That's the problem, I don't know who she is exactly."
"I told you it would catch up with you one of these days - she probably knows about your reputation and did a runner!!"
"It's not like that I was at Wally's, you know the dive bar, she just appeared, I spoke to her and Uncle Miles and that idiot son of his interrupted me and when I turned round she had vanished."
"So why all the moping?"
"Because I can not stop thinking about her, I feel like I am going insane."
"You sound like you have got it bad, and your definately acting like it."
"She knew my name, she knew who I was, I hoped she might phone me, but she hasn't."
"You phone her then."
"I can't I don't know her name, well, I know her first name, but not her surname."
"What is her first name?"
"Cathleen."


"Cathleen" Dad repeated then started laughing
"What's so funny, I am glad you think this is funny - I should never have told you!!"
"What does she look like?"
"Big bright blue eyes, long black hair in two plaits, my build pretty thin, darkish skin"
"I'm just going upstairs to get dressed, get yourself ready we are going out."
"Where to?"
"You'll find out when we get there."


I was not expecting the car to pull up outside Wally's dive bar.
"What are we doing here?"
"I thought a bit of dancing would cheer you up."
"Dancing - you - are you kidding me!!"
"I have done loads of dancing in my time. and anyway isn't this where you said you saw her."
"Dad, can't we just go home, I am not in the mood to sit in there and get even more peed off when she doesn't turn up"
"No your coming in, I am sick of your moping!!."


"You aren't going to find her moping about at home are you!!"
"She won't be here, I have been here loads of times and have never seen her here before."
"Well you never know, you might." he said and started laughing again
"You think this is funny don't you - your enjoying this for me not listening to you AREN''T YOUR!!!!"
"Calm down Devon, one drink then we can go home if you want to."


"No Devon, we are going upstairs."
"Upstairs - Dad - how do you know the upstairs even exists, its only been open just over a week."
"Aaarrr, there is not a lot I don't know about this town and its residents, I am a doctor remember."
"Still I think we should just go home."
"You order the drinks, I'll pay, and stop your moping."
"I am not moping."
"For christ sake Devon, just open your eyes and look at the mixologist will you!!!  - that's her isn't it, that's the Cathleen you were on about, wasn't it."
When I turned to look, she was there, I was dumb struck.  "How the hell....."
"I am a doctor remember, there probably isn't anyone in this town that I don't know."
"But how did you know she would be here?"


"Are you checking up on me Doc?" she laughed "I know you said to leave it a few more weeks before coming back to work, but I feel great."
"No, your fine, I'm not here to spy on you - you look a lot better by the way!!!"
"I feel it thanks to you - so what are you drinking."
"Devon's the expert I'll let him decide."
"You know her!!" I was looking in disbelief at my Dad
"Yes, now what are we drinking."
"Your her doctor???!!!!"
"Anything Cathleen, Devon's having a tizzy fit, he is not usually like this."


"Has she had surgery, what were you talking about?"
"I can't say"
"So what was wrong with her?"
"It is not for me to say - I can't tell you"
"Why not?"
"Patient confidentiality, I could lose my job if I told you, she needs to tell you herself."
"Why didn't you tell me you knew her."
"I thought it would spoil the surprise."
"So now you can tell me why all the laughing earlier."
"I know two Cathleens, I hoped this was the one you were on about because the other one is an elderly vampire.  So  are you happy now?"
"Yes thank you!!"
"Come on then home."
"Can't I just wait for her to come out."
"No, you know where she works so you can come back tomorrow, I need my bed, besides I don't want to have to watch you making a fool of yourself!!!!!"
"I won't make a fool of myself!!"
"I am not so sure, I have never seen you like this before - you must have it bad, just try not to mess it up, Cathleen is a really nice girl! - come back tomorrow when you are less excited!!"


Which is exactly what I did - 11am on the dot I was walking into Wally's dive bar and making my way upstairs, holding my breath, worried she would not be there, but she was.  Now I know how she had managed to appear and disappear without walking in or out the font door, she had been upstairs all the time and I hadn't even thought about looking up here.


At first she just kept smiling at me, and I just kept smiling back, I did not know what to say to her and I loved just watching her.

"Devon. you are making me feel uncomfortable, you are continuously watching me."
"Sorry I didn't mean to stare."
"So your Dad is not joining you today?"
"No hes at work, besides he doesn't usually come to places like this as a rule."
"I was surprised when I saw him walk in here last night."
"Is this place always so dead?"
"Yeah mostly, it can get kind of boring."
"Come dance with me."


I had said it without thinking, I had been trying to work out a way to get closer to her so when the idea of dancing came into my head I just sort of blurted it out.

"I can only really take a break when someone moonlights and covers the bar for a while, there is noone to cover the bar."
"Well it is not like you are rushed off your feet and as soon as anyone shows up wanting a drink we can stop."
"I suppose it wouldn't hurt for a while."


We had been dancing for a while when we got a little close to each other and we both just suddenly stopped dancing.






I suddenly felt nervous, I so wanted to kiss her, but I was scared.  I could not believe I was feeling this way, I have lost count of the women I have flirted with, kissed and dragged into my bed, it had always been a game and I didn't care if I got a knock back - now I was petrified she was going to push me away.  This suddenly no longer felt like a game.


There was no need for me to worry, she kissed me back, before I knew it we were making out passionately, all my nervousness turned into something else, something I had never felt before and I needed more.


"Come home with me."
"Devon I can't"
"Why not, please don't tell me you are with someone!!"
"No I am single, its work."
"What does work have to do with it?"
"My hours, they are long and any time I get off I need to sleep."
"You can sleep at mine."
"Somehow I don't think you will let me get much sleep and I only get six hours between my shift finishing to the start of my next shift, which does not leave me with a lot of time to do anything else."
"Maybe on your next day off then?"
"I don't get a day off this job is 7 days a week, besides Devon Swan I know all about you and your reputation, I am not sure I can trust you."


I was getting that sinking feeling again, even though she was still in my arms and still looking at me in the same way, she was not trying to move away from me, she was not acting like she didn't trust me.

"You can trust me I promise."
"I bet you say that to all the girls."
"No, I never promise any of them anything, but your different."
"Why am I different."
"Because I love you" Did I really just say that out loud?!
"Don't be stupid, you don't know me."
"I don't need to know you to know I love you."
"Now I know I can't trust you!!"
"You can, I promise, I'll prove it."




"And just how are you planning to prove it?"
"I don't know yet, but I will!!"
and I meant it!!


------------------
------------------

As soon as Devon crossed paths with Cathleen it was game over before \i knew it I constantly had his wish panel full of wishes relating to Cathleen and he was not rolling any other wishes at all.  He got really hard to play all i could do was keep taking him to the dive bar where she was to try and fulfil some of the wishes - have you ever tried to interact with a mixologiest - its virtually impossible, but i found a few ways to get her to interact with Devon eventually.  Cathleen being a townie and a ncp she was very hard to pin down as soon as i got her to his house she had to leave for work :( she worked from 11am till 4am and as she was not living in a house in town she was only available from 6am to 10am out of work - when she wanted to play ball that is.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Devon would fall for a sim that's hard to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Misty had a slight crush on a mixologist once, it was crazy hard to get them to interact. I hope he can work it out! She's cute.

    ReplyDelete