Tuesday 16 August 2011

Chapter 6 - Gen 14 - Devon

"Seriously, you are having the day off work."
"Yes, all day and all night."
"Do you have anything planned?"
"Yes, spending the day and night with you, if that's ok."


"Now I have got you where I want you and I am not letting you move until you say yes."
"Say yes to what?"
"I want you to give up that stupid job of yours and move in with me."
"Haven't we already had this conversation before."
"Yes but, it is stupid, you living in lodgings when  you could be living here with me, your wasting our time on a mission that will probably never happen anyway, what is the point of you buying a house when we have this one."
"You have this one ......."
"I'll do you a deal, you move in with me and if things do go wrong, then I will buy you a house."
"I don't know."
"If it makes you feel better, move in here and carry on saving up for your house that you will never need.  I know you would rather have a career in catering, I am sure Mom could get you a job at her place, hell I will even get a job and you can have my wages for your house fund."
"ok - ok"
"Ok what?"
"Anything to shut you up - I will move in with you."
"And change your job."
"Yes, I'll change my job as soon as I get another one"


"Having fun?"
"I have been trying to find my way around the place - this house is massive."
"And you just had to find the bar!!"
"Old habbits - so what can I get you?"
"I don't want a drink - come and dance."

Cathleen has the party animal trait too.


I could not believe that she had agreed to move in and was giving up that stupid job of hers.  I don't think I will look at any mixologist in the same way again, now knowing the long hours they do and the the lack of life they must have.


I waited impatiently for my Mom to get back from work.

"Mom"
"My god Devon, is that really you home at this time, I was beginning to forget what you looked like!!"
"Ha - ha, Cathleen is moving in and I need to ask you a favour, can you get her a job at your place."
"Slow down, I know your Dad knows her, but it would be nice if you introduce me to her, I havent even seen the girl yet."
"Sorry, I didn't think, she's in the livingroom, you can meet her in a minute, but can you put a word in for her at work, she wants a job in catering, she reckons she is a natural cook and I want her to pack in that stupid mixology job as quickly as possible."
"I'll see what I can do, now don't you think you ought to introduce me to her, and Devon, don't you think its high time you got yourself a job"
"Yes Mom, I know!!"


"What is with the pregnancy book on the table, you kids got something to tell me?"
"No Dad, give us a chance, its Devlins, he was reading it earlier - hes a bookworm that kid, he'll read anything."
"Zac, I have told him about my medical problem, so we can talk about it, I don't mind"
"That's good I did wander if he knew."


"So you have talked about children and the chances that there might not be any?"
"Yes we have talked about it and its all fine, either way."
"What about if it doesn't happen?
"Then we adopt."
"Only one thing Devon, you do remember your responsibility as the Swan heir don't you."
"Yes I do but I am not the only child you have got - there are three others remember, anyway, we can cross that bridge if it ever comes to it, you never know what might happen."


"Can you read a book?"
"Of course I can you cheeky little monster"
"Only I have never seen you."
"I am not a swat like you!!"
"Will you read me a bed time story."
"Can't you read your own story?"
"No, I want you to read one to me."


I had been so preoccupied with Cathleen, that I had virtually forgotten about Wiggles.  When I was a way from home he never bothered me, it was only when I was home that he appeared and as I had only been home to sleep I had hardly seen him.  Now Cathleen had moved in, Wiggles was really getting on my nerves.  Dad had made me the potion ages ago, I just had not gotten round to givng it to him.  That I was doing today.



Suddenly there he was as large as life and in the flesh and nothing like what I imagined he might look like.  Wiggles was real now I had to sort the rest of his life out.


Dad came up with a brilliant idea and Wiggles moved in with Buddy, my Dad's imaginary friend.  They were alike both imaginary friends turned real so it made sense to put them together.  Dad took him and introduced him to Buddy, they got on really well.  So now I was free of my pest!!  Dad did come home with one shock that I am sure that he was not too happy about - Buddy's girlfriend is none other than one of my twin sisters, Crystal.


Mom had her birthday, she now elderly and not liking it one little bit.



Dad had a hell of a game to convince her that she still looked ok, she was really upset about her appearance.  Then she started on about her being that much older than Dad, that he would go off her.  Devlin went to bed early and me and Cathleen gave them some space and some privacy because we thought that they needed it.


We went out and amused ourselves in the hot tub.

"You are so lucky!!"
"Why?"
"All this, the house, the money, I bet you don't have a clue what its like for most people."
"Probably not - this is just what I am used to."
"I know you are spoilt, I mean you don't even work!!"
"No but I need to get a job soon because I am sick of my parents nagging."


"So what are you planning to do work wise?"
"Probably the only thing I can do - music."
"Did your Mom tell  you, she got me a job at the Bistrol, I start in a few days."
"That's great - so you won't be going back to Wally's?"
"No, I have left already."


"Devlins asleep, Mom and Dad are busy ..."
"And?"
"There is no-one around to catch us."


I think my  Grandmother was checking up on her family, she was very curious of me and Devlin especially.  It was the first time I had seen her ghost out since I was a child.  Something I must remember to warn Cathleen about, the ghosts of my Grandparents that wander around the house.


Finally I did something about a job, I went to the music theatre in town and applied for a job.  You never know, one day I might even become a pop star.


While I was in town I decided to do some busking,  Wiggles and Buddy were hanging about outside the theatre but I did not really speak to either of them.


I was a little annoyed when they desturbed me for photo's - so I posed for photo's and went home without even earning the $25 I had wanted to earn busking.


Me and Cathleen were dancing in the living room when my phone started ringing.


"Hi Devon its Tracey."
"Oh hiya"
"Can I see you, we need to talk."
Cathleen in earshot, I did not want her to know who I was speaking to.
"I don't know where Dad is Crystal can I phone you back in a minute."
"Is someone there, can't you talk?"
"No, I'll phone you back in a minute."



I went outside where Cathleen could not hear me talking to Tracey.
"Make it quick Tracey I don't want my girlfriend to know I am even talking to you."
"You have a girlfriend."
"Yes, she lives with me, what do you want?"
"I really need to see you."
"No Tracey, I can't, I am with someone now."
"I really need to talk to you about something."
"Just tell me."
"No, I want to talk to you in person can't you just meet me somewhere, it won't take long and it is really important, I wouldn't be phoning you otherwise."
"It's important you said that before and then never bothered to turn up"
"I will this time something cropped up last time, please Devon."


"Ok - tomorrow after work, I'll meet you in the park opposite the vampire lounge about 8oclock, but you had better not be messing me about!!"


-------------------
Chapter 7
-------------------
Don't ask me what Devon was doing while Wiggles was drinking the potion because I don't know.  It was pretty comical watching him poking Wiggles,

2 comments:

  1. It was funny seeing him poke Wiggles and Cherry just stared at hers but Peaches wasn't so annoying and is still in the house. And I'm wondering if Tracey had Devon a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaaaaaaaaa!!!! you killed it lol chapter 9 will tell you lol

    ReplyDelete