Sunday 7 August 2011

Chapter 1 - Gen 14 - Devon

It is pretty normal to have people hanging around the front of our house with our family celebrity status, but this woman was obviously not paparazzi and looked lost and upset somehow.  After knowing she had been out there for quite a few hours just standing in the same spot, I went out to investigate.

"Hiya, you look lost are you ok?"
"Errrr yes, do you live here?"
"Yes I am Devon and you are?"
"Kaylynn, eerrr is Zac about?"
"Yes I think Dad's home somewhere, shall I fetch him for you?"



"Are you sure you are ok, you look very upset."
"I am fine, I should go home, I should never have come here."
"So do you want my Dad or not?"


"Its ok son, I'm here, I'll sort Kaylynn out."
"So you know her then?"
"Yeah, she's an old friend of mine, she is upset because her Dad has just died, you go inside, she will be fine!!

Strange woman, and I dread to think what that was all about, all I know is my Dad was a little jumpy and quick to push me inside, and waited till I was out of earshot before they actually spoke to each other.  A conversation I might add that went on for hours.


 I knew there was something strange about that woman, I get up the next morning and she is asleep in the road, that really is not normal behaviour - I smell something fishy!!  I sent Dad out to sort her out, he woke her and sent her home, this time she went.  Very strange!!


Sorry - I have been rude, I have not even introduced myself.
My name is Devon swan and my traits are Virtuoso, Good, Party Animal, Hopeless Romantic and Flirty.   My Life Time Wish is to be a One Band Sim which means I have to master the guitar, drums, bass and piano.  Work, well I don't have a clue where I want to work or what I want to do, I know my Dad would like to see me become a doctor like him, but somehow I don't see myself as a doctor, actually I really am not looking forward to getting a job because all I want out of life is fun!!


Today is my graduation at the town hall.  My parents and twin sisters came and I did not do too badly.  I graduated with honours, but had to laugh when I was deemed the "Most Likely to get Married."  I am really not sure that I am actually marriage material,  marriage is not really for me, well not any time soon anyway!!



"Are you trying to look intelligent?"
"Shut up Crystal, go and find your shadow, where is she anyway?"
"Toilet"
"You be careful, Tilly doesn't get lonely in there all on her own!!!"
"She doesn't like you calling her Tilly"
"That's why I do it!!"

My twin sisters are very strange, it is very rare they are apart from each other, nobody can get anywhere near them, they have no friends only each other, not even my parents can get close to them.  They even sleep together in a double bed, they are pretty weird!!  I have to say I hardly know my own sisters at all and the only time I can get anything out of them is when I wind them up, which I do most of the time.



My favourite thing is dancing - any chance I get - I just can't help it, I spend half of my life dancing, but I suppose that is the party animal in me.


I am generally a happy sole and the only thing that really irritates me about my life is the fame thiing.  Wherever I go people point and stare, take photographs and ask for autographs, it can get pretty irritating!!  I am a five star celebrity just because my Dad is one and because I am a Swan.  All us Swans are born famous, don't ask me why its just the way that it is, unfortunately.


My Uncle Marley and his Mother Melodie live next door.  Even though Marley is my Dads brother, he is actually more like a brother to me.  We are closer in age and grew up together and he is more like a sibling than my own twin sisters are, he is also my best friend.


Melodie is technically my Step-Grandmother as she was my Grandads second wife, but she is far from being my grandmother and she is younger than my Dad.

Melodie is game for anything, even a bit of skinny dipping, which we do in her swimming pool, if Dad knew what we kept getting up to he would probably kill us!!  I have wandered a few times just how far I could push me and Melodie, but I haven't because I don't really want to upset Marley or my Dad.

See that little boy there, he is no ordinary boy, that is my imaginary friend Wiggles.  I have not had him out and played with him since I was a child but he keeps hanging around to remind me he is there and asks me to let him out.  I am not sure what to do, I really think I am too old to have an imaginary friend hanging around, but he makes me feel guilty.


I spend most of my time out and about and as little time as possible at home.  I decided to go busking in town outside the threatre - anything to keep Dad off my back for not having a job.  I really don't know what I want to do yet, but with busking and doing promotional work like entertaining sick children at the hospital, given to me by my agent, I can earn some money to keep me going so I don't have to keep tapping Dad for cash which always comes with a lecture!!!


Of course always being out and about I get to meet new people, which I love because  I am a flirt,  I enjoy flirting and it doesn't matter who it is even how old they are, as long as they are female they can be flirted with.  Sometimes I get more than I bargained for, other times a slapped face, but not too often.


"What are you so happy about Mom?"
"Oh Devon sorry - I didn't know you was there."
"So? What has made you that happy - tell me."


"Sorry, I wanted to tell your Dad first."
"Tell him what?"
"Can't you wait till later."
"I'll be out later, go on Mom - tell me or I'll tickle you till you tell me anyway."
"Oh your a pain Devon, keep it to yourself - you are getting another brother or sister."
"Your pregnant?"
"Yes I am having a baby - so how do you feel about it?"
"It doesn't really bother me either way, oh and your pancakes are burning."


Dad was happy with the news of the new baby and being a doctor he can tell what sex the baby is so now we know and I am getting a baby brother.


Me I am off out to see what mischief I can get up to, I think I will try the park, see who is hanging about before I decide which night spot I will be visiting tonight.  I have bumped into Darlene Bunch quite a few times, she seems to spend all her time in this park, she actually bores me to death, so I am glad when somebody interrupts our conversation for an autograph.


I decided to try Wally's Dive bar but it was pretty dead, there was only me and one other person in there, Bella Bachelor who I have met before and she is not a lot of fun as she is unflirty and hates anyone flirting with her.  So after one drink I decided to have a look and see how busy the Pineapple Dance Club was.


The mixologists in this club always fascinate me, the way they throw the bottles around.  Dad is pretty good at mixology, but not this good!!!.  I think this is where I will be spending the rest of the night, its not heaving but there are plenty of people in here to keep me amused.


I spotted Melody, she is always up for a laugh and will keep me amused for the rest of the night, if nothing better comes along.


She can dance too, bonus, after all it is one of the reasons why I am here.

But as usual it is not long before I am interrupted for autographs, first by my cousin Frankie Swan, then Sam Sekemoto.  Frankie actually amused me because it is not like he does not have a celebrity status of his own.


 Melode was busy chatting up Leighton, one of our local vampires,  so I spent the rest of the night dancing alone until 4am when it was kicking out time.  Not tired, I played my guitar in the park for a bit then made my way home.  Not tired because I live vampire hours, awake at night and sleep during the daytime.


I got home just as Dad was heading off for work, bad timing because I knew exactly what was coming.

"What time do you call this?"
"I don't know, I don't have a watch."
"Stop trying to be smart Devon, so where were you all night again - drinking and dancing or have you just crawled out of someone's bed?"
"I was at the Dance club."
"Boozing all night then!!"
"No dancing actually, ask Melodie, I only had two drinks all night."
"What have I told you about hanging out with Melodie."
"Relax, its not like we arranged it we both just happened to go to the same place tonight and anyway, she spent most of her time chatting up a vampire."
"I am not interested in what Melodie is doing, its you that I am bothered about, you can't live the rest of your life in those night clubs of yours, you should be working, settling down, starting a family, you have a responsibility"
"I know but there is plenty of time in the future for all that - why can't you just let me have some fun while I am young?!"
"Before you know it you will be turning round and wandering where all the years have gone, we will finish this conversation when I return from work, make sure you are still here, your not gadding about tonight, you can stay in, we need to talk."






"Your not a child anymore Devon, its time you started doing something constructive with your life, its time you grew up!!"




 ---------------
Chapter 2
----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment