Wednesday 3 August 2011

Chapter 15 - Gen 13 - Zac

"Why do you look so distant and far away?"
"I am just wandering what has gotten into Cherry and you for that matter - cause you let her do it!!"
"The car - your miffed about the car."
"Yes that $100,000 car sat out on the drive that cleaned out the bank account - why?"


"You over exagerate a little because it did not clean the bank account out - quite - it just left a big dent in it.
"That money could have bought one of the kids a house - so why?"
"Its this Mid Life Crisis she is having and beleive it or not - that car was actually a small price to pay in comparison to some of the things she has been wanting lately!!"
"Like what?"
"Your better off not knowing - trust me - that car will keep her happy for a while and its not like it will cause any damage, so be grateful!!"
"How can I be grateful when you won't tell me what the alternatives were."


(The alternatives being that Cherry wants to flirt with her brother in law Miles and wants to divorce Zac - but Zac really does not need to know these things!!)


"I see you have a little raver in the making."
"Yeah Devon is always dancing , any chance he gets, the other morning he just came into our room turned on the radio and started dancing he didn't think about the fact that he was going to woke us up."


"Which reminds me your son is constantly going on about a party for his birthday, are you going to let him have one?"
"No, I don't think Cherry would cope with a houseful of screaming kids and besides, we are going to be at work so we could not throw him a party even if we wanted to."


"Did Marley tell you about prom?"
"No I haven't spoken to him for a while, whenever I see him he is always sat at the computer chatting to someone."
"He was crowned prom King and he also managed to get himself a girlfriend - who I suspect he is always talking to on the computer."
"So Dad will be pleased then that he is not gay!!"
"Yes he will be pleased."


"I don't like the look of this - your Mom and Dad down in the basement!!"


"Oh boy, well I never expected that - I thought there was going to be some flirting going on, but all of a sudden your Mom starts attacking your Dad and accusing him of cheating on her."


"So you came to look."
"Just checking but I'm going to bed, if they are fighting they are not going to be getting up to anything like last time."


"Well I wouldn't get too comfortable just yet because your Dad is grovelling and I think she is falling for it."


"Or maybe not, but your Dad just tried to hug her and she shrugged him off, and Marley has appeared from somewhere and is looking pretty upset."


 "Out come the pictures of the grandchildren again, but I think he was trying to distract your mother who became fascinated with Marley for a moment."


"Marley has pitched his sleeping bag on the floor closeby and gone back to sleep - but not for long because your Dad has tried to hug her again."


"Now you all pile down upset, this is going to cause trouble again isnt it!!"
"Melodie is not impressed I can not see her putting up with this a second time, its obvious my Dad still loves my Mom isn't it."
"Just a little!!"


"I think that encounter with your Mom has really uspset him."
"Where is he?"
"He is down on the beach."
"What is he doing down there?"
"I don't have a clue, he's on the beach at the back of your house just stood there looking out at the sea.  Actually I am sure that is around about where your Mom and Dad got married."
"Silly old fool, he will come back when he has stopped feeling sorry for himself, he knows Melodie is going to give him hell again!!"
"You are heartless sometimes!!"


"Sleeping alone, Melodie has slept elsewhere, not a good sign!!"


Its birthday time again
First Chantilly who gained the Clumsy trait


Next Crystal who gained the Neurotic trait


Lastly Devon who gained the Hopeless Romantic trait


"We got home from work to three totally different kids."
"Its a shame you had to miss their birthdays, but I don't think they minded too much!!"
"Now Cherry is throwing a midlife crisis wobble, she feels old fat and ugly - I hope this is not going to last for much longer!!"


"I think maybe you ought to have words with Devon - pink rabbit slippers now you know that is going to set the old man off don't you!!"
"He's already convinced Devon is gay so those pink slippers of his aren't going to make any difference."


"You know even though it looks like Melodie is not going to have a go at him for what happened in the basement with your mother, but I think your Dad is really upset because of your Mom."
"Why do you say that, he was ok last night and earlier"
"Hes outside now crying by your Moms gravestone."


"I think you need to go out to him."
"He'll be fine, just leave him."
"No Zac, you really need to go outside and NOW!!!"
"Why?"
"Just go and quickly!!"


--------------
--------------

1 comment:

  1. He just died didn't he? He wasn't every over his dead wife when attempted to move on with Melodie was he?

    ReplyDelete